DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2023 - WEEK FOUR

Dolfan in NYC

35 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

...Did they accidently put this on Monday night? Like someone at the NFL office forgot they had to put something in this slot, panicked, and autodrafted a MNF game.

"Damnit Steve, Rodgers plays for the Jets, not the Giants"

• Haha 2

Making the playoffs last year just makes it hurt that much more this year when they are back to a bottom of the league team. Jones is gonna get dragged by sports media for this, but I'm not sure how anyone is expected to play at a competent level with that O-line play. It's 2 seconds max before he has 3+ rushers in his face. That pick six was 1000% his fault. Getting sacked 12 times and not being able to complete anything further than 5 yards isn't.

I knew after the first play of the game when I saw their starting center limping already they were about to get rolled. Sure enough he came out and a bad O-line got even worse. Defense kept them in it longer than they deserved to be.

Next up are... Miami then Buffalo. Fucking christ man.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, hammerva said:

For people who think thought this game was bad for the Giants, the next two opponents are the Dolphins and the Bills 🥴

And the Bills game is on Sunday Night Football - and I believe it is too late to flex the game out as the league already made the schedule adjustments for that week yesterday

What's really funny is that I basically expected this when I looked at their schedule

They are gonna start 1-5 (I thought maybe they could maybe be 2-4 if they stole a game)

But then they have a stretch where theoretically the could win 5 of 6

(Washington twice, Jets, Raiders and Pats are the wins. Dallas is the automatic loss) - that would put them at .500 for their bye

But all of that was contingent on a healthy Saquon and, well now, a healthy Andrew Thomas

8 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Making the playoffs last year just makes it hurt that much more this year when they are back to a bottom of the league team. Jones is gonna get dragged by sports media for this, but I'm not sure how anyone is expected to play at a competent level with that O-line play. It's 2 seconds max before he has 3+ rushers in his face. That pick six was 1000% his fault. Getting sacked 12 times and not being able to complete anything further than 5 yards isn't.

It's like I was saying all day yesterday, you do not have to believe in good results from obviously bad processes.  Last year the Giants got into the playoffs and even won a game, but they were not good.  They taped, stapled, and glued some shit together, but it should have been pretty clear that their success was one strong wind from falling apart.  Then, they overpaid the player who makes their offense bad and low-balled the person who makes their offense good.  This is a pretty terrible Seattle defense, but Pete Carroll is a great defensive mind.  Figuring out how to defeat Daniel Jones is as easy as pressuring him and covering his first read.  He pretty much only throws to his first read, and he's not even good at that.  This is what you sign up for when you overpay a bad quarterback.  Baker Mayfield is making $4.85 million this season and Daniel Jones is making $40 million.  Baker is better than him.  Now, you are stuck with Daniel Jones and his contract, you're going to lose Barkley, and you'll have to start back at zero a year after a playoff victory.  Stop giving people credit they don't deserve, stop overpaying bad players, and start looking at the process instead of the results.

17 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

I agree about coaches being in love with their own shit. Look at JIMBO FISHER. I’ll never forget the 2016 Clemson game. You just think the Malcolm Butler play or 3rd and 2 was bad. 

Always beware of coaches who were only successful with transcendent talent. Don't get me wrong,  dealing with transcendent talent is a skill,  but that doesn't mean you're a good coach. 

• Like 3

• RIPPA locked this topic