DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2023 - WEEK FOUR

Dolfan in NYC

The Broncos lost by 50 last week, Justin Fields didn’t look like he could be a competent quarterback until today, and Carolina still might be the worst football team in the NFL. The Bears may legit pick 1st and 2nd next year. I may be sick.

Every year the media gets a little too excited about a team in the first few weeks, that team loses (usually badly), and they move on to someone else. Rinse and repeat, I know websites need clicky headlines so I'm not blaming them but the "Miami is going to the superbowl" talk was too much. Miami is a damn good team but they'd beaten three teams with losing records. The Bronco's game was eye popping but a freak occurrence. 

In no way am I minimalizing their skill, they are stupid good on offense. But their defense is kinda suspect and there is a fine line between good-cute and too-cute with offensive playcalling, which we saw both of today. I'm still mad about the dumb Bills loss to the Jets week 1 which there was no excuse for, but if this version of Josh Allen shows up at least once every three games, I think they are still the team to beat in the AFC East.

• Like 1