DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2023 - WEEK ONE

RIPPA

5 minutes ago, SirFozzie said:

X-rays negative, but he'll miss a few weeks, sounds like.

For what it is worth, an achilles is one of the easiest injuries to diagnose, so if they even did an x-ray I'm very hopeful that it is not his achilles.  

Few things about the NFL annoy me more than the fact they are a multi multi billion dollar business and they still can't/won't implement fields that will cut down on injuries. Its a dangerous enough sport as it is, players shouldn't have to worry about their feet getting stuck in shitty turf and getting seriously injured on top of everything else that can happen to them. I know they are *trying* to use new technology to make it better but there to me is no excuse that they haven't figured it out yet.

• Like 4

https://twitter.com/jocktodoc/status/1701393310995320934

(Dr. Mark Adickes) Aaron Rodgers injury appears to be either Lisfranc foot injury, ankle sprain or possibly even Achilles. Similar mechanism to JK Dobbins injury Sunday. Best case is ankle sprain. Will miss several weeks best case."

Former super bowl champion turned orthopedic surgeon

upon seeing the time-lapse of the logo switchover and looking at the injury play, at least Rodgers went down to the general quality of the turf and not because they switch the 50 yard line logos over

also, how slick do you think that turf is on a night where it's been raining on and off for like 24 hours

5 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Let's enjoy Josh Allen while we have him, he's going to dive into an early retirement one of these days.

in fairness this is the one week of the season where sliding feet first might actually be more dangerous

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Goes to see who I drafted along with Aaron Rodgers… 

Derek Carr… fuck….

Carr isn't exactly exciting, but he's solid with some pretty stellar skill position talent.  I have Sam Howell as a starter in one of my leagues, count yourself lucky.

8 minutes ago, SirFozzie said:

Multiple Jets linemen better hear "Coach wants to see you, bring your playbook" after this traveshamockery

I don't think the line is great, but they look a lot worse because Wilson's pocket presence is nonexistent.  He either runs backward or straight into the pressure.  

4 minutes ago, supremebve said:

I don't think the line is great, but they look a lot worse because Wilson's pocket presence is nonexistent.  He either runs backward or straight into the pressure.  

Rodgers was the same way, just one or more guys with a clear shot at the QB each time.

It's funny, we have flooding all over the place here in MA, and every few minutes there's a beeping noise as new flood warnings and reports of flooding cause a new alert, and they usually happen like the alert beeps are just Aikman and Buck being censored

This weekend is a real indictment on those 'NFL is worked' people. The two biggest week 1 prime time games are a 40 - 0 disgusting blow out and the other has the biggest star of the off season leave the game after 5 plays. Even tho that catch just now was amazing and the game is tied, how many people turned the game off when Rodgers went out? Not very smart "booking".

• Like 4