DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 7/3 - 7/9/2023

Dolfan in NYC

I take back anything I ever said negatively about Roman Reigns. That was quite the acting performance when he was handing the tribal lay over to Jey. He must be one hell of a method actor to cry on command. The beating of Jimmy was great. This is one of those few times I wish they allowed blood especially after Roman was murdering him with the belt and than the stairs. 

Good match with Edge and Waller.

I liked the ending with Jey being all fired up. TRIAL BY COMBAT. BRING IT ON. 

• Like 3

Dug what I caught of Sheamus/Austin.

AJ/Kross was an ok competitive squash. I suspect this one had some time cut away from it either due to long segments or Kross's leg.

The women's segment was just a breakdown into an immediate brawl but also kind of worked considering everything already going on. I dug it.

Skipped around much of the Waller Effect though it sounded like it did well in setting up Edge/Waller. Speaking of which that was a pretty good match. Dug Edge doing a lot to build into the spear early on and how much control he gave over to Waller when he took an extended beating. This ended up a fine ring debut and showcase for Waller even with the loss. 

The opening Tribal Court segment was way too damn long but so damn great as well with all of the manipulative shit Roman pulled. You almost want to believe the man at times when he says he doesn't want it. Loved how it still amounted to the cheapshot on Jey and utter murder of Jimmy. The final segment with Jey coming back, kicking ass, and laying down the challenge to Roman for Tribal Combat was good.

Not enough actual matches though I thought the segments generally delivered. Will say that the match mattered most in Waller's main roster debut did at least deliver.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

I take back anything I ever said negatively about Roman Reigns. That was quite the acting performance when he was handing the tribal lay over to Jey. He must be one hell of a method actor to cry on command. The beating of Jimmy was great. This is one of those few times I wish they allowed blood especially after Roman was murdering him with the belt and than the stairs.

I don't know,  I was listening to a podcast earlier going over MitB and they mentioned it was a clip a fan posted of what looked like a stage hand giving Roman hand signals of when to make different facial expressions after the Match was over at the PPV. That kinda brought down my opinion of that match. Some of the melodramatics of this angle has come across as to forced and its starting to take the starch out of it for me.

I can't believe the opening segment went way over 30 minutes without a commercial break but you know what? It was very entertaining.  I loved everything about Tribal Court.  "Main Event" Jey Uso vs. Roman Reigns is going to be quite the spectacle at Ford Field. 

• Like 3

The fact this is the 3rd time they're running Roman vs Jey is in the same run shows how badly they are artificially padding out this title run. Jey is awesome and I am here for the ride, but I agree with the guy who said a lot of the melodramatics of this story doesn't feel organic. Have to wonder how they will play this - my early prediction is we get Solo and Jimmy interfering and it ends with Jimmy accidently costing Jey the match, with Jey forgiving him after.

What would really tear the roof off the place is if Sami and KO come out to neutralise Sikoa and even the odds to help Jey win.

Edited by Steventon
  • Like 1