DVDVR Message Board

2023 Puroresu General Discussion

RIPPA

Will's UK title rebranding is confirmed as a gimmick and not a permanent change (I thought it was a possibility, don't laugh).

NJPW announced Royal Quest III at the Copper Box this October. Feels ambitious considering that AEW are running their biggest show ever less than two months prior in the same city and a similar story with Rev Pro running their biggest show ever in the exact same building. Plus they announced it late so people like me would've spent their limited funds on the other shows not knowing there was going to be a choice. One show instead of two so should be one good consolidated card which is my preference.

AJPW

Jun and Kotaro want the All Asia belts, both want to reclaim those titles for AJPW but they're down on current AJPW.

Unagi has multiple angles going on. One vs Yuma, another is the lead up to the Joshi tag.  And if she doesn't beat Sunny, she has to retrain under Suwama (maybe).

Not sure if there's much interest in Baka Gaijin but the show earlier today was pretty good. It will not be for everyone, but conversely at the same time there was a little bit of something for everyone:

Maya Yukihi and Shinno Hagane kicking the fuck out of each other

Ram Kaichow bullying Antonio Honda

Mecha Mummy doing a plethora of 90s puro impersonations

Oh and Chris Brookes tried to kill Yoshihiko 

Spoiler

By throwing him out a 4th storey window

https://www.youtube.com/live/6dChJxJkoV4?si=y6UmsZG9q4xOzi02

Edited by Mr. Monday Morning

The Road to Destruction finally kicks off tomorrow but in the meantime NJPW World is putting up stuff like Despy vs Daisuke Sasaki and the GLEAT Junior match with Hiromu in it, possibly because it might end up being the set up to a Hiromu/Minoru Tanaka match. They were even putting the AEW shows up faster than normal.

5 hours ago, lostinube said:

The Road to Destruction finally kicks off tomorrow but in the meantime NJPW World is putting up stuff like Despy vs Daisuke Sasaki and the GLEAT Junior match with Hiromu in it, possibly because it might end up being the set up to a Hiromu/Minoru Tanaka match. They were even putting the AEW shows up faster than normal.

Since you're in Japan, you can actually watch the recent CMLL Gran Prix card they recently posted as well.  I highly recommend the final two matches.  

I'm hoping the recent Rev Pro anniversary show eventually shows up there, though it often takes a while.    

• Like 1

Been few more further reversions and revival of old NJPW elements this year, the Inoki portrait in the dojo, the shorter matches of older days, Sanada, the unit named Strong Style who reflect Strong Style in style, Chono giving Shota his STF.

I wonder what else NJPW bring back?

NJPW becoming less of a Royal Road/Toryumon hybrid clone is good for me.

• Like 1