Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

2023 Puroresu General Discussion


RIPPA

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, Teflon Turtle said:

So between Kaito Kiyomia’s matches in the G1, and some of these DDT match announcements, I’m contemplating a Wrestle Universe subscription.

Anybody else on the board have that service/do you find it’s worth it? 

I do. Honestly, probably no because I also subscribe to Stardom World, NJPW World and WWE Network, and watch everything AEW does, so I only tend to get round to watching it for the bigger Noah shows, a handful of TJPW shows and maybe two DDT shows a year.

But the service itself is hard to fault, the picture quality shits on NJPW World and you get a vast amount of wrestling, it's just whether you can get the value out of it. I'll be pleased I have it this month for the N1, and basically any Nakajima or KENOH match makes me feel justified in paying the subscription. If you can view the other two companies as a bonus and not feel guilty about not having the time to keep up, or if you specifically want to follow the Tokyo Joshis or the DDTs, go for it!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

GLEAT card for tonight. The main event is Ibushi's team vs El Lindaman's team in an elimination match:

https://proresu-today.com/archives/224624/

Kyushu Pro will have their anniversary show on Sunday. Minoru Suzuki and Tomoaki Honma will appear. It's in the Kokusai Center where NJPW usually holds Dontaku but 2nd and 3rd floor seats will be free for all comers.

https://proresu-today.com/archives/224345/

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They usually keep their shows up on youtube, right? Anyway, the main was action packed. Speaking of packs, a sixpack-less Ibushi looked like a guy who hasn't wrestled regularly in the past two years but also I think he was sick the night before the show.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

AJPW

KAIRI was brought in by Unagi, but KAIRI betrayed Unagi, so Unagi has to find another tag partner instead.

Fuchi is coming back after long absence due to retinal detachment.

Yuma retained the Triple Crown and vanquished Suwama. Yuma will take the lead. His next Challenger is the Royal Road winner, Yuma wants to win it and nominate whoever he wants.

"I will win the triple crown and nominate the challenger in reverse. The royal road of All Japan Pro Wrestling. I will stand at the top of the world!"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, 赤い竜 said:

AJPW

KAIRI was brought in by Unagi, but KAIRI betrayed Unagi, so Unagi has to find another tag partner instead.

Fuchi is coming back after long absence due to retinal detachment.

Yuma retained the Triple Crown and vanquished Suwama. Yuma will take the lead. His next Challenger is the Royal Road winner, Yuma wants to win it and nominate whoever he wants.

"I will win the triple crown and nominate the challenger in reverse. The royal road of All Japan Pro Wrestling. I will stand at the top of the world!"

Wild that the participants for the Oudou tournament haven’t been announced yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Control said:

Kyushu Pro claimed 4000 in attendance for their anniversary show, which only had 5 matches and saw noted fat boy Kodai Nozaki return and reclaim the title.

Went to the show. The number seems believable. As I said before, they gave away tickets for the 2nd and 3rd floor sections the day of but they sold out the floor tickets prior. They didn't utilize the whole floor space like NJPW and Dragon Gate do (for Dontaku and Final Gate respectively). They didn't fill up all of the 3rd floor, which were available right before the show started but the 2nd floor , which people had to line up for in three waves in the morning seemed completely full.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/2/2023 at 7:17 PM, Teflon Turtle said:

So between Kaito Kiyomia’s matches in the G1, and some of these DDT match announcements, I’m contemplating a Wrestle Universe subscription.

Anybody else on the board have that service/do you find it’s worth it? 

Wrestle Universe is what Stardom World and NJPW World should be, but isn't. It's much more userfriendly.

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, lostinube said:

Went to the show. The number seems believable. As I said before, they gave away tickets for the 2nd and 3rd floor sections the day of but they sold out the floor tickets prior. They didn't utilize the whole floor space like NJPW and Dragon Gate do (for Dontaku and Final Gate respectively). They didn't fill up all of the 3rd floor, which were available right before the show started but the 2nd floor , which people had to line up for in three waves in the morning seemed completely full.

Wish Kodai Nozaki would get used in other promotions. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been generally lukewarm on Nozaki but thought he did really well last night. Genkai and Mentai Kid are the forever rivals of Kyushu Pro and Kodai emphatically pinned both of them:

Ending sequence was Genkai has Mentai Kid up for something, Kodai SPEARS Genkai out of his boots and then he debuted a new finisher, similar to Takagi's Last of the Dragon, the Heavy Tank Driver on Mentai, puts Genkai on Mentai and pins them both.

And then Genkai carries Mentai out to the back in a sign of things to come.

Since he's already just beaten the two big names of Kyushu Pro I'm thinking that he's going to get a bunch of outside challengers and perhaps that will open more roads for him.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Royal Road Participants, info from Tokyo Sports...

Kento Miyahara, Yuma Aoyagi, Suwama, Shuji Ishikawa, Satoshi Kojima, Ryuki Honda, Hokuto Omori, Ryosei Aoyagi, Dan Tamura, Jun Saito, Rei Saito, Hayato Tamura, Takuya Nomura, Kotaro Suzuki, Fuminori Abe, Ren Ayabe.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 赤い竜 said:

Royal Road Participants, info from Tokyo Sports...

Kento Miyahara, Yuma Aoyagi, Suwama, Shuji Ishikawa, Satoshi Kojima, Ryuki Honda, Hokuto Omori, Ryosei Aoyagi, Dan Tamura, Jun Saito, Rei Saito, Hayato Tamura, Takuya Nomura, Kotaro Suzuki, Fuminori Abe, Ren Ayabe.

Hard to pick a challenger out of this group. I’m pulling for Nomura.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ohtani is still in a wheelchair and undergoing rehab. They had a charity show for him in May where he made an appearance:

He also delivered a message to Sugiura prior to his match with Jake in June.

 

Takayama had a tracheostomy and then complications from that and was hospitalized in April for pneumonia. But he was discharged and is at home presumably. He is bed-ridden.

https://ameblo.jp/takayama-do/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well they're gonna have to do more crossovers. 

 

Anyway, next year the NOAH discussion thread should be merged into the 2024 Puroresu thread. Post retired Mutoh NOAH is not big enough to warrant it's own separate thread.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...