DVDVR Message Board

2023 Puroresu General Discussion

RIPPA

13 minutes ago, Pete said:

I still say WWE/AEW should've done something like this in the name of COVID relief. Say, Shield one-night reunion against "aces" (MJF, Styles, Danielson). It shouldn't be that tough to work out finishes unless you go pure promotion vs promotion.

I don't think Vince Mcmahon would had when he was more in control of creative and etc, Triple H could now do one joint event with Tony. But both WWE and AEW are basically what WWF and WCW were in the 90's,  rivals who don't team up.

14 minutes ago, 赤い竜 said:

I don't think Vince Mcmahon would had when he was more in control of creative and etc, Triple H could now do one joint event with Tony. But both WWE and AEW are basically what WWF and WCW were in the 90's,  rivals who don't team up.

Oh yeah, I realize that ship has sailed. It just would've been a neat one-off that generated a ton of buzz under the circumstances.

• Like 2

img_623eda2f1763f4ba3e19070c0beb63a82009

Suwama wrestled at the Dradition show, he still wore his VooDoo Murders hair look but he dropped the VM logos and colors and wristbands. 

202305300001522-w500_0.jpg

The AJPW branch of Voodoo Murders is now:

Taru

The Saito Brothers

KONO

Toshizō

The Heel Unit was brought back for AJP's 50th anniversary last year. They are the evil grimey Royal Road unit in this day and age.

• Like 1

Hiromu vs YAMATO at Kobe World on July 2nd.

Hiromu was also on the Dradition show that Suwama was on. Guy likes to keep busy.

The Dradition sort of reboot also includes a project called Dragon Stadium where Fujinami is looking to make a "new hero." It includes a chart that makes it look like a quasi-ponzi scheme.

sec33.png

Edited by lostinube

4 hours ago, lostinube said:

I don’t follow DG at all, but seems like they’ve lost quite a few people over the last five years or so. Shingo, STRONGHEARTS, one or two to NOAH (I think?), Naruki Doi, now these two. 

5 hours ago, Control said:

I don’t follow DG at all, but seems like they’ve lost quite a few people over the last five years or so. Shingo, STRONGHEARTS, one or two to NOAH (I think?), Naruki Doi, now these two. 

Doi went freelance but still does DG shows. Shingo went back to help put over the Madoka Kikuta. So fairly amicable departures. STRONGHEARTS wasn't though.

But unlike other groups, DG has done a good job of bringing up their new talent. At the end of the last big show Kikuta declared himself, Shun Skywalker, Yuki Yoshioka, Kota Minoura, Strong Machine J and Ben-K the new Big Six (the original Big Six were Shingo, Doi, Masato Yoshino, YAMATO, BxB Hulk and Akira Tozawa). Ben-K is the oldest of the group at 31 and four of the group have already held the top title in DG.

SB Kento is not that much younger than those guys so he might have seen that and went "whelp, ain't getting a big push any time soon" and decided to go elsewhere.

Edited by lostinube
  • Like 2

Hey 赤い竜, I appreciate all the updates and posts you do in the Japanese section (especially NOAH). It’s information I’d likely miss, so it’s cool having a spot for this stuff. Being less knowledgeable, I tend to post less over here, but I do enjoy keeping somewhat up to date on things.

• Like 6

Evolution channel, the other links related to the Promotion are in the about section

https://m.youtube.com/@evolutionjpw/videos

Gotta wait for uploads, the channel does things in digest way.

It's the Royal Road women's promotion.

They do have own their money backers and are separately owned. Eventually hopefully the PWF Women's title will be made, which would be their counterpart to Stardom's IWGP Women title.

• Like 1

All Together Again

Just 5 Guys vs Good Looking Guys 

As someone who watched AJPW for years, it's surreal for me seeing Sanada and Jake Lee as top champs of their current respective promotions.

match_8-1-800x450.jpg

Free Match 0

match_0-800x450.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 赤い竜 said:

The NJPW vs AJP tag match for Blue Justice 12

1808.jpg

I know that either lil Aoyagi or Anzai will eat the pin, but honestly Kento and Yuma are in their prime and should be able to beat the New Japan dads.

• Like 1