2023 NFL Draft Order (via Tankathon) - Win %/SOS

• 1) Houston (1-11-1) - .115/.502
  • 2) Seattle (via Denver) (3-10) - .231/.484
  • 3) Chicago (3-10) - .231/.572
  • 4) Detroit (via LA Rams) (4-9) - .308/.498
  • 5) Philadelphia (via New Orleans) (4-9) - .308/.502
  • 6) Arizona (4-9) - .308/.516
  • 7) Indianapolis (4-8-1) - .346/.502

There are 7 teams at 5-8 so I am not going further than this.

53 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

This showed up in my twitter feed and I know @DEANwill appreciate it

God, that 'coming off the bench' and 'throwing a punch' = automatic ejection rule change must have come a couple of years after this, because just looking at this as a ref today...  Oh boy, would this take a while to sort out.  

I think the WFT would be playing with about 8 guys when it was all said and done though. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

This showed up in my twitter feed and I know @DEANwill appreciate it

Since it was 1987, one would assume the Redskins were up three touchdowns and I had turned it to YO! Mtv Raps! or something, because I don't remember that.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DEAN said:

Since it was 1987, one would assume the Redskins were up three touchdowns and I had turned it to YO! Mtv Raps! or something, because I don't remember that.

Pretty much - it was 24-3 shortly into the 3rd and Washington took their foot off the gas

The TD above made it 24-20 late in the 4th (if pro-football reference is to be believed)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, odessasteps said:

I presume the regular players were back by this point in the season after the strike. 

I was wondering because I didn't recognize the wide receiver, but it was 1987 and the Dallas Cowboys were a team of anonymous chaodes.  I know Danny White; Randy White and one other guy crossed the line but I don't think Neil Olekiwitz or Dexter Manley crossed the picket line.  But that was while ago and a year before Jerry Jones bought us and restored us to GLORY!  This was the year my mom special ordered a Cowboy varsity jacket with white leather sleeves which was the greatest Christmas gift and the greatest thing I ever wore ever.

• Like 4

Your NFC Playoff clinching scenarios for this week

Minnesota Vikings

Clinch NFC North with

• Win/tie vs Indianapolis OR Detroit loss/tie at New York Jets

San Francisco 49ers

Clinch NFC West with

• Win/tie at Seattle

Dallas Cowboys

Clinch playoff spot with

• Win at Jacksonville OR
  • Tie at Jacksonville AND New York Giants loss at Washington OR Washington loss vs New York Giants OR Seattle loss/tie vs San Francisco, OR
  • Seattle loss vs San Francisco AND Washington loss vs New York Giants, OR
  • Seattle loss vs San Francisco AND Detroit loss/tie vs New York Jets
Edited by Gonzo

Your AFC Playoff clinching scenarios for this week

Kansas City Chiefs

Clinch AFC West with

• Win at Houston, OR
  • Tie vs Houston AND Los Angeles Chargers tie vs Tennessee, OR
  • Los Angeles Chargers loss vs Tennessee

Clinch playoff berth with

• Tie vs Houston AND New York Jets loss vs Detroit AND New England loss at Las Vegas, OR
  • Tie vs Houston AND New York Jets loss vs Detroit AND New England tie at Las Vegas AND Miami loss at Buffalo, OR
  • Tie vs Houston AND New York Jets tie vs Detroit AND New England loss at Las Vegas AND Miami loss at Buffalo

Buffalo Bills

Clinch playoff berth with

• Win vs Miami, OR
  • Tie vs Miami and Los Angles Chargers loss to Tennessee, OR
  • Tie vs Miami AND New England loss at Las Vegas AND New York Jets loss vs Detroit, OR
  • Tie vs Miami AND Los Angeles Chargers tie with Tennessee AND New England tie at Last Vegas AND New York Jets loss vs Detroit

New York Jets

Eliminated from AFC East title contention with

• Loss vs Detroit AND Buffalo tie vs Miami, OR
  • Buffalo win vs Miami

1 hour ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I guess that burned bridge can be re-built real quick under the right circumstances.

He's a prick, but if he can complete catches(Gabe Davis and ISAAC MCKENZIE I'm looking at you) I guess welcome back?

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

God, that 'coming off the bench' and 'throwing a punch' = automatic ejection rule change must have come a couple of years after this, because just looking at this as a ref today...  Oh boy, would this take a while to sort out.  

I think the WFT would be playing with about 8 guys when it was all said and done though. 

I was laughing at how there was a third wave of Washington players just casually trotting onto the field like "well, I guess I have to represent but I'm not putting any effort into it"

5 hours ago, Gonzo said:

Your NFC Playoff clinching scenarios for this week

Minnesota Vikings

Clinch NFC North with

• Win/tie vs Indianapolis OR Detroit win/tie at New York Jets

Shouldn't that be Detroit loss/tie?

It would never, ever happen now because they've learned their lesson (hopefully), but I have to wonder, in a 2020's NFL lockout, would the coaches continue their jobs or do a sympathy walk-out with the players.  

I'm well aware of what some coaches think of their players... but I have to wonder if some would stay home nowadays.  

3 minutes ago, dogwelder said:

Apparently Marcus Mariota didn't like being benched for Desmond Ridder and has left the Falcons.

You forgot to mention his terrible "knee injury" that caused him to leave. Just suddenly popped up the same day he was told he was benched, just a coincidence.

• Haha 1