DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2022 - WEEK FIFTEEN

RIPPA

1 minute ago, Kevin Wilson said:

That's the dumb part, the vast majority of the time they do let it play out, I have no idea why they didn't this time. Probably a referee with a terrible view blew the whistle. 

Yeah, I think one of the officials ruled the recoverer was down by contact for some reason.

I get why Indy might want Harbaugh (the same Ring of Honor that Saturday is in, but he's also a proven commodity) but I can't imagine Harbaugh looking at that team and thinking "ideal job" even if wins the Natty and decides to try and close that unfinished Super Bowl business.

• Like 1

Jim Harbaugh caught every shit break there is in the NFL. I can’t believe he isn’t a more famous coach tbh. Those are the guys that always become the best coaches. I know he’s a big name, but I thought he would have ended up with a team for 100 years or something.

As for the Colts nothing else needs to be said. I feel sorry for Ryan. The team that drafted him was every bit as big of a dumpster fire at the time. Without him going nuts as a rookie they might not have ever recovered. Now that it’s near the end he does have an MVP, but I think his 3 memes that among the most embarrassing of them all overshadow it lol! 

The Vikings earned a win. Ftw. I don’t know why everybody likes kicking them when they’re down so much. Go ahead and predict a first round loss like the Saints fans did twice in a row as damage control. Then predict that the team with the best record will be the SB champion in the same breath like the Packers always were. We’ll just have to see. I wouldn’t bet on anything. 

10 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

Jim Harbaugh caught every shit break there is in the NFL. I can’t believe he isn’t a more famous coach tbh. Those are the guys that always become the best coaches. I know he’s a big name, but I thought he would have ended up with a team for 100 years or something.

As for the Colts nothing else needs to be said. I feel sorry for Ryan. The team that drafted him was every bit as big of a dumpster fire at the time. Without him going nuts as a rookie they might not have ever recovered. Now that it’s near the end he does have an MVP, but I think his 3 memes that among the most embarrassing of them all overshadow it lol! 

The Vikings earned a win. Ftw. I don’t know why everybody likes kicking them when they’re down so much. Go ahead and predict a first round loss like the Saints fans did twice in a row as damage control. Then predict that the team with the best record will be the SB champion in the same breath like the Packers always were. We’ll just have to see. I wouldn’t bet on anything. 

Harbaugh is an... Interesting person who tends to grate on people, especially after a few years. He's eccentric, absurdly enthusiastic, intense and competitive on a level that's barely sub-Michael Jordan, and just a general weirdo.

Toss in that San Fran had a kinda dysfunctional leadership at the time, and it was a ticking time bomb. They ended up literally letting him leave without paying a penny of the $5 million buyout in his contract.

In that way, he's a better fit for college, because the players cycle out every four-six years, his athletic director played for the same head coach as him in college and they can always just trade Bo stories forever, and now these just last two years have restored his status as a folk hero in Ann Arbor. I think he would be crazy to leave, but, well... Crazy isn't a bad descriptor.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

Mostert with a big boy run that would make Derrick Henry proud

Guarantee someone on the Dolphins is getting a snowball right in the eye Chuck Foreman style tonight 

my dad is still, to this day, capable of becoming completely indignant about this and anything remotely associated with the Denver Broncos

I can't prove it but I am pretty sure that God sent the snow when he did because he thought the Bills needed a boost. Even though it confused the doofus commentary team, Singletary going down and not scoring a TD was 100% the right move, the idea of Tua having 40 seconds left and a TO to throw to Hill/Waddle is not one I wanted to see come to life.

Also, Josh Allen scares the shit out of me when he runs so much, but hard to argue with results.

• Like 1