DVDVR Message Board

2013 NCAAF Week 14

Dolfan in NYC

Sportscenter just referred to rape allegations as "off the field distractions".

If SC ceased to exist, would anyone care?  I say no.

But it does raise a question:  who wins the Heisman now?  I figured AJ McCarron as a de-facto winner and he had a good game yesterday, but Bama lost.  And I still think too many voters are wary of Winston.  So who gets the hardware now?

Assholes are threatening the poor Alabama kicker like crazy on twitter it seems. I hate humanity. How dare he miss an insanely long kick and single-handedly allow the guy to return the kick for a touchdown.

Not condoning it at all, but why threaten the kid? Foster was the one who missed three fgs earlier to put them in the spot. . .

It was Foster they were going after, not the kid.

I realized it after looking it up this morning. It's still really stupid.

Assholes are threatening the poor Alabama kicker like crazy on twitter it seems. I hate humanity. How dare he miss an insanely long kick and single-handedly allow the guy to return the kick for a touchdown.

Not condoning it at all, but why threaten the kid? Foster was the one who missed three fgs earlier to put them in the spot. . .

I realized it after looking it up this morning. It's still really stupid.

Very much so, but unfortunately not all sports fans could get into mensa. Gotta feel for the guy, hopefully he won't be the star to the next ace Ventura movie. . . 

That's been a foregone conclusion for a while. Pease was a step up from Weiss, but they never improved at in any facet of the game under him.

And to think, I was a little bummed when he ended up at Florida instead of Alabama. Accidentally struck gold with Nussmeier.

Between Pease flaming out at UF and Harsin being just okay at Tejas, I think the moral of this story is "stop hiring Chris Peterson's assistants."

Also, this is something that has been bothering me for awhile, but the SEC title game makes it worth mentioning:  Could we please get some team name changes in the SEC.  3 different fucking Tigers.

That's been a foregone conclusion for a while. Pease was a step up from Weiss, but they never improved at in any facet of the game under him.

And to think, I was a little bummed when he ended up at Florida instead of Alabama. Accidentally struck gold with Nussmeier.

Between Pease flaming out at UF and Harsin being just okay at Tejas, I think the moral of this story is "stop hiring Chris Peterson's assistants."

Oh, definitely no shock.  I'm still mildly surprised they didn't completely clean house.

Best Birthday present by tOSU yesterday. Though it could have been less heart attack inducing. That D has some serious holes and Sparty pays great D. Should be a fun game next week. 

Hated seeing the fight though. Even though I can't stand Big Blue there is respect there and teams need to play hard without the fist. 

Also, this is something that has been bothering me for awhile, but the SEC title game makes it worth mentioning:  Could we please get some team name changes in the SEC.  3 different fucking Tigers.

Especially auburn: it's either tigers or war eagles, not both.

I was laughing way too hard at the one guy who said Foster should be kicked off the team and banished to semipro football. I guess the money isn't as good there as it is at Alabama.

• Like 1