DVDVR Message Board

2021 NCAAF: Championship Week

Robert C

Didn't know where to put this so I picked the "amateur" (lolz) thread. Coach Cayea took over in 1995 (my senior year) and is a good friend of mine and my late father (we did the chains for years). At the dinner the year after my dad passed away he went out of his way in his speech to talk about my dad and how much he meant to both him and the football program. I am so happy for him, nobody deserves this more than him!

• Like 6

If, as people expect, Michigan/Georgia is the 2/3 matchup, I'd really appreciate a tiny bit of CFP Committee fuckwaffleness and Michigan to be inexplicably dropped to #3 so they can play the nobody respects us card.

1 hour ago, Hail Sabin said:

I think it will be  #1 Bama #2Michigan  #3 UGA #4 Cincy. 

My personal ranking would have Michigan being #1 & Playing Cincy with the Rematch of Bama/UGA being the other Semi. 

This is what should happen. Winning by 39 in a conference title game over a #13 team should not result in you getting leapfrogged. 

Welp. I guess I’ve been saying all year that this Bama team was talented enough to beat anybody when the light comes on...the problem was it just never stayed on very long. I definitley did not see that happening against this Georgia team. But I guess, at this point, we should never question Saban’s ability to have his teams ready when they feel disrespected.

Speaking of him, I was toying with this idea last week but I’m going to go ahead and fully commit to it now: This season has been Saban’s best coaching job. Ever.

Meanwhile, Kirby’s commitment to never playing a great QB that might give his team a chance to finally get past Saban REALLY is something. And everybody sees it but him. Just being willfully obstinate, at this point.

Edited by EVA