DVDVR Message Board

2021 NCAAF: Championship Week

Robert C

I wonder if the playoff committee will let a dormant ND team pass Alabama if they lose close to Georgia. Either way Oklahoma State losing locks in Cincinnati (not that they should have needed the help, but it is what it is), if they can beat Houston they are safe. If they lose then its gonna really be interesting what the final four looks like.

So far this is exactly the kind of game Georgia fans were worried about.  Bryce Young having a "oh you are telling me there are no Heisman candidates" like performance

This defense that was considered historic by some has given up over 300 total yards in the first half to Young.   Again I don't think they were hoping for a shootout game 

Edited by hammerva

Well regardless of the final outcome, Alabama is pretty much guaranteed in the playoffs.   Now they are fighting for a #1 seed

The Heisman Trophy ceremony should just be held at the 50 yard line of this game

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I've seen some chatter for Baylor but I think that's way too much of a one-week jump in rankings. 

The only argument you can have for Baylor over Notre Dame IF Michigan loses is this theory the the playoff committee will punish the team for Brian Kelly leaving 

I guess the other argument is how awful Notre Dame has looked in past playoffs but I think the marketing of them trumps Baylor in that 

Edited by hammerva

But even if they managed to jump ND I can't see them jumping Michigan if Michigan loses since there are seven spots between them. But if Michigan loses it does make things more interesting for sure. GA is safe regardless, I think they would have been anyway but OK State losing sealed it.

8 minutes ago, cubbymark said:

Me being completely unrealistic would eliminate Georgia completely. They pissed themselves vs Bama again. 

I can't imagine that happening, but their resume isn't as strong as it looks at first glance. Them dominating Clemson's offense in week 1 may have inflated opinions on them, even as Clemson wound up not being all that good. The SEC East wasn't exactly a murders row.

-----

Come on Michigan, you can't come out and take the first half off like OkSt did.

2 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

If they want to pop a big rating without having to worry about an upset potentially ruining it, just have Alabama #1 and Georgia #4 so they immediately have to play each other again.

I'm pretty sure ESPN would kill to have Michigan in the title game to boot.

Although I bet some ESPN execs had visions of a Michigan/Notre Dame playoff or title game dancing in their heads for a few minutes.