DVDVR Message Board

2021 NCAAF: Championship Week

Robert C

In slight defense of the out of nowhere new bowl, it is replacing a cancelled bowl that was supposed to happen this year, and it also means one of either Liberty or the two 6-6 MAC teams won't get left out.

1 hour ago, EVA said:

So Miami doesn’t have an AD and hasn’t even fired Manny Diaz yet, but all the Oregon and Miami insiders are reporting that the Canes are in hot pursuit of Mario Cristobal anyway.

Whom they should have hired last time they went through this.   

And unless they're planning on making Diaz the Emperor of Coral Gables, there's zero reason for him to leave Oregon for the faded glory of Miami.  And believe me, I hate typing that sentence.  

1 hour ago, EVA said:

Our man cashed ONE MILLION DOLARS in NIL money to play 2 snaps at Ohio State. ?

I've heard $1.7 million! Obviously, I'm hoping he comes back to UT, where he was once committed.

7 hours ago, EVA said:

So Miami doesn’t have an AD and hasn’t even fired Manny Diaz yet, but all the Oregon and Miami insiders are reporting that the Canes are in hot pursuit of Mario Cristobal anyway.

Saw something that said Miami is going after the Clemson AD.

Cristobal obviously has incredibly deep Miami ties, and might be interested in being the guy who returns them to being The U.

12 hours ago, Robert C said:

He oughta be forced to do the local accent for each away game.  It's gonna blow his mind when he hears there's more than one southern accent. 

My wife is Australian and didn't move to the US until college.  After we got married, we moved back to Australia for a couple years, so she really didn't start living in the States full-time until she was nearly 30.  17 years later, she still mostly has her accent.  You'd be surprised how many people meet her, discover she's a UNC grad/fanatic, and assume her accent is southern.  

(edit:

Edited by Tarheel Moneghetti

Kinda rooting for Baylor here, so Notre Dame can get in the playoffs after Bama loses. A solid month of Kelly getting dragged in the media for quitting on a playoff team would be incredible for LSU recruiting.

• Haha 2

Friendly advice to the Bulldogs: if you get a two touchdown second half lead, DO NOT INJURE BRYCE YOUNG. They probably have a backup QB who will play like an unholy blend of Tom Brady and Lamar Jackson on the bench.

• Haha 1