DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite (24th March 2021).

The Natural

11 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Alex Ibrahantes continues to be amazing.  He seems so gleeful about translating Penta's shit-talking.  PENTA SAYS YOUR MOMMA SO FAT THE BITCH WEARS A VCR FOR A PAGER!  PENTA SAYS YOUR MOMMA GOT A WOODEN LEG WITH A KICKSTAND!  I love the other announcers being absolutely puzzed at his continued presence.

(JR) "Why is Alex mad?!"

• Haha 2

I'm surprised more people don't dig Kenny Omega. Maybe it's because I didn't watch a ton of NJ and burn out on him or something. I love his paranoid drugged-out mafia leader act, and he carries himself well as a champ in the ring.

Cezar Bononi is destined to be a jobber anywhere, but Tay Conti was a great pickup off the WWE scrap-heap. She always seemed to have potential, but wasn't going anywhere in WWE's excessively talented women's division. She's already better than a good chunk of AEW regulars, though. It's time to strike while the iron's hot with Britt, but Tay is someone they should protect in the meantime.

I'm here for Pinnacle cutting some old-school heel stable promos with MJF spicing them up with his youthful sense of humor. Hopefully Jericho brings his A-game when he comes back so as not to get embarrassed when that feud goes into high gear.

Cody might have just cut the worst "heel that's supposed to be a face" promo ever. There is a high chance of QT actually getting cheered when he turns if they stay the current course.

• Like 1

I love this "Hangman just keeps winning, and destroying jobbers while we kill time before he makes his big main event run at Omega." No losing streak bullshit, they know they want him to eventually be a challenger (possibly the guy who gets the win), they know know it's too early, so they just let him go out there and beat guys clean in the middle of the ring, usually with his finisher, sometimes with his secondary finisher. It's brilliant.

This show was loaded with great promos as well. MJF, Britt, Mox and Kingston, even Omega was really on. 

Sometimes the week to week booking gets off track or weird, but the overall long term stuff seems to almost always be on point. The people who should win usually win. There's like a dozen matches they've teased and I'm down for nearly all of them.

• Like 4

On the 11th episode of Dynamite back in November 2019, Silver and Reynolds were both punked out in about 45 seconds combined by Jon Moxley. Now Silver is one of the most over acts in the company and main evented their TV show against one of their top stars. Good for him. 

• Like 5