DVDVR Message Board

I really enjoyed Revengeance once I got the hang of it. Problem was, as soon as I got the hang of it, the game was over.

Same up until the Armstrong fight. Took forever but I finally got it. The key was moving the left stick during blade mode in order to line up the cuts when Armstrong hucks stuff at you. Then you get health and it's all downhill from there.

I wanna try revengeance, just because...its made by the people who made bayonetta which was a fucking gloriously bizarre game.

Plus Okami, God Hand, Viewtiful Joe, Vanquish, Anarchy Reigns, The Wonderful 101. One of the main guys of the studio is Hideki fucking Kamiya! The guy that directed the original Devil May Cry and Resident Evil 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!

!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 months later...
According to a preview of a near-finished build in the latest print edition of Game Informer Magazine, Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes' campaign can be completed in two hours.

As reported by Kotaku, Game Informer finished the main mission in the prequel to Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain in "less than two hours," although it's important to note this did not include side-quests or extra modes.

Earlier on in the month, Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima said the prequel serves as something of a "tutorial" for the main game, and has a "relatively small field" in comparison. The Phantom Pain, he has promised, will be "hundreds of times larger."

Last year, Kojima explained that the full version of Metal Gear Solid V was split into two as a result of the release of PlayStation 4.

"Metal Gear Solid V is going to be a huge, a massive scale game," he said. "So the development is taking some time. That said, PS4 is launching now and it’s big."

Kojima wanted to put his game in players' hands sooner than later. "A lot of people have been asking for a new Metal Gear Solid experience, so we at least wanted to release a prologue so that people get to know what people will be, experience a chunk of the story. So that guided our decision to move forward at this time."

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain will launch on March 18 in North America at $20 USD for a digital PS3/360 download, and $30 USD for the retail version.

The PS4 and Xbox One versions will be available for download at $30 USD and $40 USD at retail.

Credit: ign.com

Hmmm.

I'm gonna wait on MGS: Ground Zeroes until there is a Ground Zeroes/The Phantom Pain Complete Edition (whenever that may be). It will be on PS4 though, so I'm OK with that.

By the time MGS V The Phantom Pain does come out, maybe I'll have completed the rest of the series (I'm including Metal Gear Acid & Ghost Babel in that).

• 2 weeks later...

lol @ the new gen versions being 10 dollars more.

Speaking of which:

Konami has announced that Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes will now cost less at retail for PS4 and Xbox One.

The next-gen versions of the upcoming title will now cost £29.99 rather than £39.99, so they'll match the cost of the digital editions, as well as the retail price for the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions.

The digital version of the game on both PS3 and Xbox 360 remains unchanged at £19.99.

Credit: ign.com

• 3 weeks later...

So I was wandering around Amazon yesterday, and found the Legacy collection, which has every game in the Metal Gear series available for PS3 for like, $40.  I'm pondering it, I just don't think I have the time to go through and replay them all.

So I was wandering around Amazon yesterday, and found the Legacy collection, which has every game in the Metal Gear series available for PS3 for like, $40.  I'm pondering it, I just don't think I have the time to go through and replay them all.

I'm a big fan of the Metal Gear Solid series having played Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty and Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater. I don't think I'd want to replay them on my Xbox 360 when others games are options, either ones I currently own or potential later purchases.

Started GROUND ZEROES today. Beat it over a long lunch. Roughly 2 and a half hours. Haven't touched the extra missions.

It was...good? The gameplay definitely has me psyched to dive into the full MGSV, whenever that is, but I never did finish Peace Walker, so what little bit of story there was flew right over my head.

I love the new "reflex" mechanic that lets you take a shot at enemies who have spotted you. That works really well. Nothing like getting surprised by an enemy and putting a bullet through his eye before he can sound the alarm.

I also like how interrogating enemies will update your map with all sorts of points of interest. At one point, I was banging my head against the wall trying to figure out how I was supposed to get to my next objective, when a random enemy that I happened to stick up dropped a clue that highlighted an area on my map to investiage and that solved it for me. It felt very organic.

On the downside, I didn't like that I seemed to get punished for the same dead enemy over and over again. I killed this one guy and his body must have triggered at least three separate alerts. Not even exaggerating.

• Like 1

Cheers for the review, EVA. How's Kiefer Sunderland as Naked Snake/Big Boss?

Watched a gameplay video by the co-producer of Kojima Productions playing Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes's main mission. Surprised the traditional Easy difficulty in Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty and Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater isn't an option, there's only Normal and Hard. Was there an Easy option in Metal Gear Solid: Guns of the Patriots and Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker?

If memory serves there was a very easy and easy version.

The ultra-why-are-you-doing-this-to-yourself-hard-as-all-hell mode unlocked once you completed the game.

Let's hope both our memories are right as I recall a Very Easy and Easy version as well.

I've got the xbox 360 with the tiny HDD in it. I use an external for all things gaming.

I rented this at a Red Box while i'm here in GA, but I haven't been able to play it because it seems Ground Zeroes does NOT detect my external drive...

This is beyond frustrating. I don't care about the game being 2 hours because once I knew that I knew I wouldn't buy it (RED BOX!), but not being able to install it like any other game when i'm FORCED to install it is annoying. 

Plus, where i'm at for the next 4 weeks I can't get on Live, so if an update is pushed I can't play it. 

Thumbs down.

Anyone else have this problem?

I've got the xbox 360 with the tiny HDD in it. I use an external for all things gaming.

I rented this at a Red Box while i'm here in GA, but I haven't been able to play it because it seems Ground Zeroes does NOT detect my external drive...

This is beyond frustrating. I don't care about the game being 2 hours because once I knew that I knew I wouldn't buy it (RED BOX!), but not being able to install it like any other game when i'm FORCED to install it is annoying. 

Plus, where i'm at for the next 4 weeks I can't get on Live, so if an update is pushed I can't play it. 

Thumbs down.

Anyone else have this problem?

Have you tried formatting a 16 gig Thumb Drive into an Xbox Hard Drive and installing it that way?

• 1 month later...

I finished the main mission. Apparently, if you are terrible at MSG games like I am, that only completes 9% of the game. I'm debating if I want to play the side missions or offload this on ebay.