DVDVR Message Board

The Action Cartoons Thread

It boggles me that Tara Strong has now done four versions of Barbara Gordon/Batgirl over what? 20 years?

Crazy. And awesome, given that TAS is different from Beyond is different from Beware is VERY different from Super BFFs.

Also, the notion of Manchester Black's accent being awful is kinda funny given that Robin Atkin Downes is, y'know...English.

He didn't do his own voice though, he did a shit accent that no-one forced him to correct because they didn't know any better. Like when Jax Teller butchered the cockney accent on Green Street.

Brave and The Bold was a real feast or famine show. Episodes were either great or terrible. I think that comes from the team up format. 

Yeah but you hate Brave and the Bold Aquaman.

Whahuh? How?

It's the best take on Aquaman...  Hell, maybe ever.

I know its only another month and half to two months away, but damn is the wait hard, especially now that I've seen a trailer.

Wow, this looks incredibly non-intelligence insulting for something on Nick.  I may have to go out of my way for this.

Also, I've gone back and started going through Justice League again on Netflix.  The "Maid of Honor" episodes from Season 2 is shockingly grown up in tone.  More so than any other episode I can think of in the series.

I know its only another month and half to two months away, but damn is the wait hard, especially now that I've seen a trailer.

Wow, this looks incredibly non-intelligence insulting for something on Nick.  I may have to go out of my way for this.

Also, I've gone back and started going through Justice League again on Netflix.  The "Maid of Honor" episodes from Season 2 is shockingly grown up in tone.  More so than any other episode I can think of in the series.

If you're not already aware, it's the sequel to the (excellent) Avatar: The Last Airbender.I say sequel. It's a series about the next Avatar set after something like an eighty year time jump.The first season was amazing.

Finally getting 'round to the second half of EMH season 2.  My feelings are mixed; I really think it's not a bad show, it just suffers in comparison with what came before. I certainly think the dictate for done-in-one stories hurt it; someone said on the old board that the Yellowjacket story should have been spread over two or three eps' worth of subplot before becoming the main focus (and no doubt it would've if Loeb hadn't come in) but I don't think there's anything genuinely weak about these particular episodic stories.  They're actually pretty good, just not what we were trained to expect.  (Granted, I'm only up as far as "Emperor Stark" so if it goes to shit thereafter I don't know yet.)

• Like 1

I can see that. I found the look interesting as well though its not for me personally.

I know most hate Ultimate Spider-man, but I really loved today's episode for the focus on Stan Lee's character, especially with him breaking into old school Marvel narration half the time.