DVDVR Message Board

For the BLOOD SUCKING FREAKS~!

DEAN

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, that's their first match from NJPW Strong last year. They put it free on YouTube in the hope that people would like it and sub to NJPW World to see the rematch.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

HA! I was fooled by the header at the top too. Then I looked around at the crowd and the spot and said "this is a Tennessee storage facility not Korakuen" 😄

Wow, thats on me for reading too fast. I did not catch that your link was for the 2022 match, and NOT the Korakuen Hall rematch from last week, which was also frigging bonkers. 

1 hour ago, clintthecrippler said:

Wow, thats on me for reading too fast. I did not catch that your link was for the 2022 match, and NOT the Korakuen Hall rematch from last week, which was also frigging bonkers. 

WHAT THEY HAD A REMATCH OF THAT?!?! Is there a link?!

EDIT: The fact that I was unaware of this match a year ago is either me being a complete wastoid or y'all falling off. Shame, shame, know your name.

Edited by Curt McGirt

10 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

WHAT THEY HAD A REMATCH OF THAT?!?! Is there a link?!

EDIT: The fact that I was unaware of this match a year ago is either me being a complete wastoid or y'all falling off. Shame, shame, know your name.

Sadly no free link yet for the full match, it was two "NJPW Strong" branded shows that aired as PPV's through the NJPW World service (no idea why these shows were extra cash), but below is a highlight reel

https://youtu.be/r4bm8dwNX6Y

though looking back on this, the tag match the night before that was Desperado/Jun Kasai vs Jon Moxley/Homicide may have been wilder, no highlight reel for that floating around though. 

I am at the stage of my Mid-South Wrestling watch project where I hit this episode, and Ric Flair vs Ted Dibiase can never be posted enough for the few on here that have somehow never seen this.

Edited by clintthecrippler
EDIT: link for original post not working so I decided to pivot to something else appropriate for this thread.
  • Thanks 1

Couple reasons this is going here.

1. Gary Hart, in the Heroes of World Class documentary, called Fritz "a heavy handed guy" who would beat the shit out of you if you didn't fight back. He is. Every single contact he has with Baba sounds like someone slapping their thigh. In the first fall he feels like a horror movie villain going after the final girl, too. 

2. Baba blades from the claw. 

3. Fritz blades HIS FUCKING EAR and they have to dim the camera for the blood! It's not super bloodflow but you can only imagine if it was in color, and how freaky that would look. 

4. This is some of the only existent footage of old Fritz Von Erich. He was a mean bastard of a heel and was as hardcore as anyone. He might have been a detestable person in real life, regardless of what Kevin says, but he was a hell of a wrestler. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...