DVDVR Message Board

Rasslin' Video Games

I'm the one guy who still plays Fight Forever, got the new DLC today. I wish everything unlocked at the same time but I'm having fun smashing people with Joe. Copeland and Switchblade are the other wrestlers that will be added and they're finally adding a tournament mode. I wish they had added in a few more championships this time but I've grown accustomed to the DLC being underwhelming. Still want my Ironman match option!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, dragonzombie said:

Capcom's Arcade wrestling game Saturday Night Slam Masters was ported to The FM Towns, the SNES, Genesis, and was also on the CPS Changer.

The exclusive Deathmatch mode for the SEGA Genesis version of Saturday Night Slam Masters

https://youtu.be/co-QBIWRwlI?si=_tV2JtofRgvIlI6t

The Muscle Bomber Duo update for Arcade, which is tag team only, contained new moves, new costumes colors and playable bosses

https://youtu.be/U7t7JbmPOQQ?si=5Q-FefOJWWvKrG5q

The sequel for the Arcades, Super Muscle Bomber: The International Blowout, more of a fighting game than a wrestling game

https://youtu.be/IiIZ2H_zQJc?si=9n4l0vltOMguVxaK

there was also Muscle Bomber Duo: Heat Up Warriors only for Japan (the same title reused from the Japanese version of Muscle Bomber Duo), which was released in 1995. For the CPS Changer. Update for Muscle Bomber Duo. Never looked into that version much.

The FM Towns version 

https://youtu.be/qrc4IXHTbMI?si=J96FpY-0vWYqC-yc

On 5/8/2024 at 7:42 PM, StevieNippz said:

I'm the one guy who still plays Fight Forever, got the new DLC today. I wish everything unlocked at the same time but I'm having fun smashing people with Joe. Copeland and Switchblade are the other wrestlers that will be added and they're finally adding a tournament mode. I wish they had added in a few more championships this time but I've grown accustomed to the DLC being underwhelming. Still want my Ironman match option!

I'm still playing it, just not as much as WWE. I still have fun with it minute to minute and will do a BtE run every month or so. I'll probably get Seasons 3 and 4 if they go on sale, but it's hard for me to justify the price right now.

I dropped my Xbox for a PS5 so I lost all my progress.  If they sold a version of Fight Forever with everything up to now unlocked and all DLC, I’d probably buy it.  I’m curious about all the new stuff but I don’t feel like replaying story mode 12 times to unlock everything again.

2k have spent the week revealing entrances and overall ratings for next week's drop. CM Punk gets a 90, Terry Funk 87, Sandman 86, Bubba 85 and D-Von 84. Drew McIntyre is rated at 89, so I'm guessing we can expect the return of Superstars Whining About Their Stats On Twitter. 

The entrances they showed for everyone but Punk are on the We Can't Call It Hammerstein ONS map, so no Titantron animations or anything. Sandman's generic music is okay. Dudleys got the song WWE owns, which is too bad--I'd never spend money on Saliva but I did like that song better than their first WWE theme. 

11 hours ago, dragonzombie said:

AKA 3-Count Bout in the US. I played this obsessively in the early days of Gametap, absolutely determined to beat stage 3 (I never did, this and King of the Monsters both require a level of button mashing that was hard-but-possible on an arcade cab control panel, and basically impossible with a shitty Playstation-style PC gamepad)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cliff Hanger said:

AKA 3-Count Bout in the US. I played this obsessively in the early days of Gametap, absolutely determined to beat stage 3 (I never did, this and King of the Monsters both require a level of button mashing that was hard-but-possible on an arcade cab control panel, and basically impossible with a shitty Playstation-style PC gamepad)

I read using turbo contoller makes the game easier,  but I never tested it out myself. The cpu cheats at grappling. You may also have to beat the cpu up before doing grappling.

The arcade game was ported to the Neo Geo AES and CD, could be differences.

Defunct UPL (formed in 1983) made the arcade game and the Neo Geo CD port. 3 Count Bout was the last game they developed.

Saw Fight Forever PS5 at walmart for 10 bucks.  Bought it, might even play it.  Damn near almost got Armored Core 6 for 30 but would rather buy and never play it on PC two years from now.

Today’s 2K24 patch broke(?) tomorrow’s DLC and made it playable today. Punk, Dudleys, Sandman, Funk and the new weapons: light tubes, doors and barbwire bats.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Casey said:

Today’s 2K24 patch broke(?) tomorrow’s DLC and made it playable today. Punk, Dudleys, Sandman, Funk and the new weapons: light tubes, doors and barbwire bats.

I would have expected the barbed wire bat and light tube to draw instant blood, but I used up a bat and broke a light tube and still no red.

Played some of the new Live Events, the Beat Bronson Reed in under 5 minutes wasn't too bad with the Rock card I got from one of those Wrestlemania packs. Now the beat Zoey challenge is a different story. You're using a Sapphire card while Zoey is a Diamond so that's 3 levels above you (Zoey's rating is a 94 while the best Sapphire card you can get will be 79) and one of her abilities is to recover a big chunk of health after she kicks out and she has the Resiliency Payback ability to kickout of anything at least once so you need at least 2 finishers and probably 2 signatures to put her down. And she counters a bunch of stuff. I think I can get it finished with the Ava Moreno card you get from the MyRise mode. I just beat her once with about 30 seconds to go when every other attempt with my other cards that would qualify (Shayna, Auska, Zoey, Charlotte, Valhalla) ended up in time limit draws. Whew.

Other events unlock an Amethyst Rey 06 card which you can then use to unlock an Amethyst Dominik card and a chance to unlock the action figure Hogan card which is a persona card so you can use him in other modes.

And there's a new pack out that has a Sami card you can use to unlock manbun Roman which can be used in other modes and if you get all of those, you can unlock an updated Rock card (which is what he wore during the WM40 press conference) that can also be used in other modes.

That's not counting the Rounds Match Trick Williams and Shield Seth that can be unlocked at some point by collecting cards. Again, whew.

I'd love to see stats on how many people have these cards unlocked, it has to be a small percentage of the player base considering how predatory the mode is overall.

I finished one playthrough of the men's and women's MyRise modes and I'm going to do another one to knock out the other pathways using a Sid Vicious CAW I got online.

I couldn’t do the Bronson challenge with either the RVD or Punk cards. I got within ONE SECOND with the RVD card, but no bueno. I’ll have to try again next week, I haven’t played in like a month and the Punk DLC got me back into the fold (currently doing a Universe mode playing as just him - it’s fun!)

First thing I did was Sandman/Funk versus the Dudleyz in a hardcore tag match and that shit was crazy fun. Felt like the ONS 2005 match actually (just sub in Funk for Dreamer, obviously).

If you've been playing, I'm sure you have some side plate cards, perfect time to use them, particularly any that increase recovery or finisher strength since you'll need to hit a few to beat Bronson. I finished off the Zoey challenge after my last post. I got into a good groove but a few of the matches I got the pinfall with 1-2 seconds left. Between the Bronson challenge and the Zoey one, the best cards I pulled was a Ruby Bronson which I already had and a Sapphire Wolfgang from the Backlash collection. I just want that damn Undertaker so I can finish the Rhodes challenges.

I finished the Dudleys vs Judgement Day ladder match event too. Got the last required points with D-Von just as Bubba pulled the briefcase from the hook 🙂 

I might just buy the required Rey card (20k points) since I have the points for it so I can get the better Rey card and then the Dominik card. 

I don't know what I or Wes Lee did to deserve a multi-month feud with Karrion Kross in Universe mode, but I got it. Hoping to get the shitty Rey card to get the purple Rey and Dom from just finishing Legendary runs to get free card packs; have I mentioned that MyFaction was more fun in 2k22? I have? Okay cool let's move on.

Grabbed S3 of Fight Forever. Currently in the middle of a hard BtE run with Claudio. S4 will have to wait a couple paychecks. 

• Like 1

Reminds me of Smackdown vs Raw 2006, when my friend and I used to play as Andre and Big Show in handicap matches against the three Hogans in that game.

Posted (edited)

There's a Wyatt Family QR code in today's news update. The linked video has the MyFaction locker code HESEESYOU2K24, which gets you an Amethyst manager card with the video-glitched bird image and no name, and the Ruthless profile (meaning it will give equal stat boosts to Powerhouses and Strikers, and no boost to Techs and Flyers.) ETA: the code is no longer in the daily news 3 hrs after it went up. No idea if the locker code still works.

Edited by Cliff Hanger
The QR is gone.