DVDVR Message Board

MLW Deserves Its Own Thread

I'm not sure who this Cannonball guy is, but RSP is starting to develop a character.  His promos are much better than they used to be.

I think Raven was there just to get The Calling over long enough for RSP to get his shit together and gradually assume the mantle of leadership.

Edited by J.T.

Who is Talon in the Calling?  He is basically the whipping boy in the group and also has no problem at all being it. Also his goofy selling of being "electrocuted" in the chamber match  was top notch 

I get why RSP vs Manders was set up that because it is obvious that the new Arena isn't set up for action all over the building but man that is shit if you are there live.

Good to Janai Kai get exposure and even the title. Has really improved in the last year. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2023 at 2:51 PM, hammerva said:

Good to Janai Kai get exposure and even the title. Has really improved in the last year. 

Yeah, she went to Japan for a bit and got really good.  Looks like she's repping Selena's new Promociones Dorado along with Rocky Romero and Jesus Rodriguez

58 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

If they won't let go, what're his options? Could he just stink the place up so they don't use him or fire him? Curious about this one. 

They'd probably just pay him to sit at home and not book him on any shows. 

WWE and AEW have the money to buy out his contract, but the question is do they really want to? 

Hammerstone is a big guy and big guys always find work in the WWE and I suppose their might be money in a Dynasty angle in AEW, but MJF is so far ahead of Holiday and Hammerstone right now in terms of prominence.  MJF doesn't need a Dynasty reunion to help him get over.  He's already over.

If I were Hammerstone, I'd sit at home, keep training, continue to network, and then go work in Japan for a bit as soon as the contract expired.

Edited by J.T.

7 hours ago, J.T. said:

They'd probably just pay him to sit at home and not book him on any shows. 

WWE and AEW have the money to buy out his contract, but the question is do they really want to? 

Hammerstone is a big guy and big guys always find work in the WWE and I suppose their might be money in a Dynasty angle in AEW, but MJF is so far ahead of Holiday and Hammerstone right now in terms of prominence.  MJF doesn't need a Dynasty reunion to help him get over.  He's already over.

If I were Hammerstone, I'd sit at home, keep training, continue to network, and then go work in Japan for a bit as soon as the contract expired.

Big guys always find work in WWE yet Hammerstone has had 3 or 4 tryouts there and was never picked up. Hammerstone is screwed unless MLW goes out of business or TK buys him out

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Serious Darius Bagfelt said:

Big guys always find work in WWE yet Hammerstone has had 3 or 4 tryouts there and was never picked up. Hammerstone is screwed unless MLW goes out of business or TK buys him out

I think theyll pick him up this time around. They passed on Brian Cage and Wardlow to but you don't think that theyll pick up either of them especially Wardlow if he was available tomorrow?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Kang said:

Lance Anoai and Juicy Finau were released.

I was sorta hoping that Lance and Jacob would reform their indy SST / SGP team in MLW but they brought in Juicy instead.  Juicy was a bit of a lump, but at least he knew his role. 

Now they let Lance go and hold onto Jacob, so still no SST / SGP reunion for now.

I would be bummed by the news but Court just signed Rocky Romero / Barbaro Cavernario vs. Ichiban / Mascara Dorado 2.0 for Fightland on 18 November, so I will give Bauer a pass for now.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

On 10/29/2023 at 12:49 AM, Serious Darius Bagfelt said:

Hammerstone has been telling indie promoters that he has 3 months left on his MLW contract "And they aint booked me in months"

Oddly his booking fee has dropped.

• 5 weeks later...

Just finished watching a replay of MLW One Shot on Fite and it was a pretty good show.

Your results!

Spoiler
  • Rocky Romero (w/ Salina de la Renta) defeated Mascara Dorada to retain the CMLL World Historic Welterweight Title and the MLW World Middleweight Championship
  • Miyu Yamashita defeated Delmi Exo to retain the TJPW Princess of Princess Championship
  • Satoshi Kojima defeated “Filthy” Tom Lawlor (w/ MSL) 
  • Rickey Shane Page defeated Jimmy Lloyd to retain the MLW National Openweight Championship
  • Janai Kai (w/ Salina de la Renta) defeated Maki Itoh to retain the MLW Women’s World Featherweight Championship
  • Alex Kane (w/ Mr. Thomas) defeated Matt Cardona (w/ Steph De Lander) to retain the MLW World Heavyweight Championship
  • Richard Holiday returned to action, signed up with the WTF faction, and challenged Kane to a title match at KoC.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

The Fatu-Hammerstone match filmed after the PPV is really worth going out of your way to see. It was great. Whole show was actually really fun, easily got my $13 worth.