DVDVR Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
Dolfan in NYC

2018-19 NBA: SECOND HALF

Something I didn't know till today, which blew my mind. This is the first time since 1963 that Wilt isn't in the top 5 all-time in scoring.

Joel Embiid absolutely watched pro wrestling as a kid.  This was total "heel gets away with everything until the ref catches the face doing it."

Watch how he gets away with elbowing Marcus Smart to the ground then totally turns his back and marches off to do God know what because it sure as hell isn't playing basketball only to fly about five feet in the air with the retaliation shove to make sure Smart gets ejected.  And Joel's the hero.  Amazing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Embiid should have saved that shit for a critical playoff game, because the refs will be looking for it now.  OT: This whole road team wearing white thing is weird. . . .

• Like 2

You know how every once in awhile you see a stat that doesn't really tell you anything new, but puts more clarity on something?

Yeah, this:

• Like 3

Harden got 57 and 8 assists last night, but the Rockets were hosed by the refs again when they called a loose ball foul with 0.1 seconds left on the clock to give the Grizz free throws to win it.  Harden had 28 in the fourth and overtime, and was supremely clutch, bringing the Rockets back from 19 down in the fourth and 8 down in OT.

Harden now has more 50 point games this season (7) than Durant and Curry have ever had in their careers (6 each).  But tell me again how Giannis and Paul George are the real MVPs this season. 

Yes, the guy with the highest PER in the NBA who plays for the team with the best record in the NBA definitely isn't the "real MVP"

• Like 1