DVDVR Message Board

2018-19 NBA: SECOND HALF

Dolfan in NYC

Nuggets tried same strategy. Difference was Harden was getting calls at the rim. Shot 15 FT vs Den, 5 vs Mil. Always depends on how refs call it. Contact is almost always there. Either they swallow whistles or not.

And even if they do, he can still do the step back and kill you there. Or dish to shooter and kill you with threes there. Or an alley oop to Capela. 

Let’s go consensus top 10 -

1. Harden

2. Durant

3. Curry

4. LeBron

5. Anthony Davis

6. Kawhi 

7. Westbrook

8. Paul George

9. Embiid 

10. Klay 

24 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

Nuggets tried same strategy. Difference was Harden was getting calls at the rim. Shot 15 FT vs Den, 5 vs Mil. Always depends on how refs call it. Contact is almost always there. Either they swallow whistles or not.

And even if they do, he can still do the step back and kill you there. Or dish to shooter and kill you with threes there. Or an alley oop to Capela. 

Let’s go consensus top 10 -

1. Harden

2. Durant

3. Curry

4. LeBron

5. Anthony Davis

6. Kawhi 

7. Westbrook

8. Paul George

9. Embiid 

10. Klay 

You must really hate Greek people.  I think the only players I'd even consider over Giannis is Durant, Curry, Harden, and LeBron.  If I had to make a list he'd probably be no lower than #2.  He's arguably the best offensive and defensive player in the league this year.  Klay is great, but he's #15 tops for me.  Kyrie, Jokic, Lilliard, and probably Blake Griffin, would be higher than him for me.  Then there's the entire class of players where Karl Anthony-Towns, Jimmy Butler, Donovan Mitchell, Kemba Walker, and people like that who are incredibly good players, but not nearly as good as the top 15 or so players in the league.  

1 hour ago, supremebve said:

You must really hate Greek people.  I think the only players I'd even consider over Giannis is Durant, Curry, Harden, and LeBron.  If I had to make a list he'd probably be no lower than #2.  He's arguably the best offensive and defensive player in the league this year.  Klay is great, but he's #15 tops for me.  Kyrie, Jokic, Lilliard, and probably Blake Griffin, would be higher than him for me.  Then there's the entire class of players where Karl Anthony-Towns, Jimmy Butler, Donovan Mitchell, Kemba Walker, and people like that who are incredibly good players, but not nearly as good as the top 15 or so players in the league.  

I think it's more of a body of work argument.  This is Giannis's break out year.  He's been good, but this is the first time the Bucks have been a #1 seed or thereabouts, and the Bucks still haven't won a playoff series in the Giannis era.  He keeps it up for a couple of years, yeah, he'll be in the conversation.  Same with Jokic. 

Kawhi, Davis, and Westbrook all have significant bodies of work of greatness.  Embiid has less body of work, hence why he's lower on the list.  Klay could be anywhere between 10-15, same with Draymond, but I irrationally hate him.  Klay I think is underrated, actually.  He's never had to be the man, but at what he is asked to do, he's incredible, and for a long period of time. 

I get this is the first year he's been on this level, but Giannis is first in PER, Win Shares, defensive Win Shares, defensive rating, and Win Shares per 48, second in BPM and VORP, and third in offensive Win Shares. Even if you absolutely insist he's not number 1, there's no argument he's not top ten.

• Like 1

Victor OlaBeefO sounds like something Oladipo would call himself if he was doing Chef Boyardee commercials. 

"Hey look it's Indiana Pacers star Victor Oladipo!"

"Hey kids, have you tried these new Chef Boyardee Extra STUFFED Ravioli? They're absolutely OLA-BEEF-O."

"Sorry, but our mom said not take Chef Boyardee products from strangers."

"That's very wise of your mom, Georgie. Very wise indeed. Well my name is Victor Ola-beef-o. And your name is Georgie ...so now we know each other. And down here, Ravioli floats like balloons. And there's all sorts of games and prizes. And when you're down here with me... you'll float too!"

sorry, guys. got lost in my own joke and it took a turn. 

• Haha 1

Can't quite comprehend this Warriors/T-Wolves finish.  I hate Golden State.  I fucking HATE Kevin Durant.  That was a bullshit finish.  Refs swallow their whistles on stuff like that almost always on a final play.  If this becomes the norm, great.  I know better, it won't.  

Fuck Golden State. Total chickenshit by the ref, but maybe don’t actively taunt the ref? Probably should’ve just called a tech on them for “showing up the ref.” And would’ve achieved same result. 

Fuck the lot of them. They have 5 all stars and reap the benefits of calls all the time. They don’t have be little entitled shits on top of everything else.

• Like 2

From the NBA Rulebook, Rule 12, section V-e: "Cursing or blaspheming an official shall not be considered the only cause for imposing technical foul. Running tirades, continuous criticism or griping may be sufficient cause to assess a technical. Excessive misconduct shall result in ejection from the game."

The correct answer is a technical foul to Curry, and calling the rest of the game properly. What wound up happening is a miserable look for referees everywhere. 

36 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Dude, please stop. Even for you, this is nuts.

It’s not everyday somebody goes for 50 in a game in the NBA.

That is, unless your name is James Harden.

50 point triple double. If we were on Russell Westbrook rules, I think that means he’s already won the MVP. If they don’t give it to Harden this year, they better retroactively take Westbrook’s away and give it to Harden.

5 minutes ago, Ace said:

LeBron is out for the remainder of the season to nurse his groin.

It was already true, but this is going to be LeBron's longest off-season in about fifteen years.