DVDVR Message Board

NFL Week 5 Thread

SirFozzie

Is anyone else tired of ESPN treating Geno like the greatest QB ever? They praise him for everything and ignore all of his mistakes.

I guess they are building him up so they can tear him down later. . .

This.  He'll be joining Cam Newton and RG3 on the 'love you until we hate you' train.

Forgot the game and stayed on RAW the whole show. As soon I remember I turn it on and there is less than 1 minute left and the Falcons are ready to knock me out of the survival pool. Feel free to ask for a trade Tony Gonzalez. I think everyone will understand.

Is this a dream?  Am I imagining this?

Saints were 1-4 last year, Falcons were 5-0.  Apparently I missed the news about Atlanta's bounty scandal, QB contract hold-out and hiring of an awful defensive coordinator.  And apparently they hired Steve Martin on as the interim head coach until Mike Smith gets back from his suspension.

Goddamn this is cathartic.  The Ryan brothers did me right this weekend.

Honestly the biggest problem I see from Atlanta is their defense just doesn't look that intimidating. I don't know what it is exactly. They go through the motions, they more or less make the plays. But there's no oomph to any of it, no heart. Something just isn't clicking with them this year.