DVDVR Message Board

2017-18 NFL PLAYOFFS: CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS

Dolfan in NYC

Just now, dogwelder said:

True...but at this point is Eli better?  I'm not too sure about that.

That's another story.  I don't know what Eli has left.  I wouldn't have trusted many QBs to make the throws that needed to be made in the 2nd half.  That's why I felt the penalties whether you think they should have been called or shouldn't were so crucial.  Jags and teams like them have zero margin for error with the QBs they have. 

For as much as Brady throws it...   Pats had 1 penalty for 10 yards in the whole game.   Pretty sure Jags were over a 100 yards in penalties.   It wasn't Lakers/Kings but like I said,  when these calls end up going against the Jags and there's nothing on NE,  there's no margin for error..  

17 minutes ago, pipGofern said:

If I'm Coughlin, I offer the Giants whatever they want for Eli. If Jax had any kind of quarterbacking this game goes very different.

23-36, 296 yards with a score, no turnovers, 93.8 rating... I don't think Eli does any better than that. At one point he had something like 15 straight completions. 

1 minute ago, sabremike said:

The Patriots could make Idi Amin a babyface.

There is no chance in hell I'm rooting for Philly or Minnesota. I was all in for Jacksonville, but now I'm backing the Galatic Empire.

• Like 2

If I was dumb enough to pay for some Ancestry.com bullshit or one of those newer websites, I would probably find out my people came from Uganda or one of the surrounding countries. That's all the reason in the world I need to root for an Idi Amin coached football team against the Pats.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

For all shit about Blake Bortles missing throws or them being conservative in the 2nd half,   I don't actually think Keenum or Foles will play a BETTER game than he did today and I don't think either defense will play better.   

Pats got this Super Bowl locked.  I'm just going to be hovering over the food the entire game.  

I totally disagree. Foles and Kennam can actually throw the ball down the field. Bortles entire stat line was screens and short crosses. He is utterly incapable of throwing the ball down the field. At least Foles and Kennum can make most of the throws you expect a QB to make. 

That said, neither team has a shot in hell of beating New England. 

54 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

There is no chance in hell I'm rooting for Philly or Minnesota. I was all in for Jacksonville, but now I'm backing the Galatic Empire.

Right there with you.  After the Saints were bounced, I don't want to to see Filthadelphia or Minnesota win it.  Patriots are the lesser of 2 evils in this regard.