DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] DECEMBER 2017 DISCUSSION

RIPPA

The results from last night's show in Pittsburgh 

Montez Ford and Angelo Dawkins defeated Tino Sabatelli and Riddick Moss
Lars Sullivan defeated No Way Jose
Ruby Riot defeated Bianca Belair
NXT Tag Team Titles- The Undisputed Era(c) (Fish and O’Reilly) retains over Sanity (Young & Dain)
Aleister Black defeated Chad Lail
NXT Women’s Title- Ember Moon(c) retains over Sonya Deville
NXT Title- Andrade Almas(c) (w/ Zelina Vega) retains over Roderick Strong/ Adam Cole

Chad Lail = Gunner and this was his NXT road debut

ALSO - at the Florida show

I am not quite sure what the "series of matches" is/was

But yeah - Riott and Deville are working the touring shows and Mandy Rose is on this weekend's Florida circuit

And it appears all the UK guys are working the Florida loop

And AND - if you didn't see if yesterday, Lio Rush worked the Florida show last night so the report that he was released was false

57 minutes ago, Ramo2653 said:

So I'm guessing WWE social media spoiled the tag title switch then?

Dammit - yes they did but they did at least spoilrized it.

I totally forgot about that when posted the results

I'm amused at the notion that Lio worked Florida but they wouldn't send him to his home state for Saturday.  It's a shame because I'm sure there'd have been plenty there who would have been thrilled to see him.  Maybe if he learns to keep his mouth shut and do good things he'll be on the road next year.

I've been on a wrestling sabbatical the last few months, but too much good free shit on Youtube and unfettered access to all things NXT via my girlfriend's Hulu account has slowly dragged me back in.

I'll be at the Bel Air show tomorrow night - if anyone spots a red-headed twentysomething in a white Aleister Black shirt, say what's up and we'll do LIJ poses.

Also I just got a monster raise at work which I used to justify buying a ticket for the Philly Takeover, so excited for how this taping cycle continues to develop.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Cyanide said:

I've been on a wrestling sabbatical the last few months, but too much good free shit on Youtube and unfettered access to all things NXT via my girlfriend's Hulu account has slowly dragged me back in.

I'll be at the Bel Air show tomorrow night - if anyone spots a red-headed twentysomething in a white Aleister Black shirt, say what's up and we'll do LIJ poses.

Also I just got a monster raise at work which I used to justify buying a ticket for the Philly Takeover, so excited for how this taping cycle continues to develop.

If I see you I'll be sure to say hi, I'll be the fat Greek with glasses.  I just got tickets and I'm hoping we at least get Velveteen Dream there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tim Evans said:

In St. Augustine tonight, NXT had a Pete Dunne vs Kassius Ohno main event. Sad I missed that.

Damn. That's one of those proverbial "I didn't know until right now I wanted to see that match" matches.

• Like 2

Yeah, I rarely get excited about a Kassius Ohno match, but this one sounds damn interesting. Just one of many things I love about NXT, the occasional totally random (but ultimately cool) match ups that take place from time to time.

15 hours ago, Tim Evans said:

In St. Augustine tonight, NXT had a Pete Dunne vs Kassius Ohno main event. Sad I missed that.

Good match, went about 15 minutes. Ending was a little sudden, Dunne sidestepped a charge from Ohno, punched him in the back of the head and hit the Bitter End. 

https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/wwe-nxt-listed-usa-network-schedule-december-13-247291

While neither WWE nor the USA Network have announced this, the USA Network's program grid for December 13th lists WWE NXT at 7 p.m. Eastern time.

It is not clear if this will be the episode that would normally go up on the WWE Network that day, or a compilation type of show. The show is listed for 55 minutes instead of a usual 60-minute slot. If it is the first hour of the show taped this past Wednesday, it would be built
around the tournament to crown a number one contender for the NXT title for TakeOver: Philadelphia and have Killian Dain vs. Trent Seven, Johnny Gargano vs. Kassius Ohno, and Lars Sullivan vs. Roderick Strong, plus a no DQ match between current main roster wrestlers Ruby Riott and Sonya Deville.

The Gargano vs. Ohno match in particular got rave reviews, with our NXT reporter JJ Williams calling it one of the best matches in Full Sail history.

It makes sense because that week is the annual WWE Week on the USA Network, and Tribute to the Troops, which would air on Wednesday, is being moved to Thursday, as the USA Network is airing the movie "Thor" in prime time on Wednesday night.

We'll have an update when more information becomes available.

• Like 1

While I didn't have a chance to look for @Cyanide I did have a pretty good time at the NXT Bel Air show.  It was mainly the same matches from Pittsburgh and there wasn't much of a crowd, especially compared to the first time they went there.  But they were into it and the matches were pretty good.  The tag title match was wild from the start with brawling and plunder being used all over the arena before the bell rang.  Really enjoyed that along with the other two title matches.  Ember and Bianca had a darn good match and Almas/Strong ended up being really fantastic in the last 6 or 7 minutes.  If they do this on TV you'll be pleasantly surprised by how great this will be.  Afterwards Almas and Zelena were taking pictures and doing fist bumps.  I didn't manage to get their Andrande's attention but Zelena appreciated the praise I heaped on them.  Oh, and TV doesn't do it justice as she is extremely gorgeous.  It wasn't for lack of effort but if I managed to fist bump Almas I would have felt like a made man.  But I still had a great time and hope they bring more wrestlers next time (lack of Black, Velveteen and Kairi saddened me)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

While I didn't have a chance to look for @Cyanide I did have a pretty good time at the NXT Bel Air show.

No worries, my friend.  We'll catch each other someday.

Alongside all the absences of people working the Florida loop, injured, or in call-up limbo, I was also bummed about no Kairi, Gargano, Dream, and especially Aleister Black.  But they put on a really tremendous show with everybody on hand.  Seeing all three titles defended was a nice surprise, and every match was good to great on its own merit or moved an angle forward.  Co-sign with Nick on the main, the Street Profits are insanely fun live, and Ruby and Sonya have excellent chemistry at this point - I'd love to see them blossom into some sort of Bayley/Sasha dynamic as their paths invariably cross again on the main roster.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Peck said:

Aleister get hurt or something? He worked Pittsburgh and Altoona. Odd he wouldn't work the 3rd show.

I would love to know as barring injury it wouldn't make sense to have him do the first 2 and not the third.

Also, I get why they're having Ruby as a heel on SD. But as soon as they can they need to turn her back to face. She is so damn good at selling and getting sympathy and she did a great job getting the crowd super into the match. She's going to far as long as they don't sabotage her chances

On 12/2/2017 at 2:42 PM, droneking said:

Good match, went about 15 minutes. Ending was a little sudden, Dunne sidestepped a charge from Ohno, punched him in the back of the head and hit the Bitter End. 

You also got to see Mustache Mountain vs. TM61 so clearly the Florida loop is the one to watch now

• 2 weeks later...

Adam Cole's Shawn Michaels Tribute Act continued with the finish in his match this week.

And yeah, that makes Black The Undertaker. I have to say, it's good booking when both Dream and Cole took losses to Aleister Black and each came out of it better than when they went in.