DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

Yeah, I've been checking clans and I'm pretty sure I'd hate myself if I joined a crew with a name like Derp Squad or The Fate Of All Biscuits.

It's looking like I am going to form my own clan and personally select the idiots I allow to be on the roster.

On the other hand, I'm really not looking forward to the Clan XP grind.

There are good arguments for remaining unaffiliated, but lack of Matchmaking in Heroic Menagerie, Raids, and Nightfalls are the things that makes joining or forming a clan the best way to go.

Edited by J.T.

You are welcome to just use DVDR - I am legit the only person on the XBOX side

I can easily give you access to be able to approve people

Just now, RIPPA said:

You are welcome to just use DVDR - I am legit the only person on the XBOX side

I can easily give you access to be able to approve people

That's always a crap shoot though.  I don't want to bring over some assholes that will just go idle in a month.   I'll play through LFG and hit the Farm to scout out some potentials and then I can start recruiting people I feel good about.

And yup, I think I have talked myself into grinding for the Recluse and the Revoker...... maybe...

Thanks to my asskicking runs in the IB last season, I've got 100% completion of the Wins part of the Stuff of Myth triumph.  

I just need to pin my ears back and grind enough Comp to get to Fabled and that should be it.

Or course now I have to start getting sniper kills and finish that part of the Revoker bounty before I can work on the Comp parts of those quests at the same time.

I hate my OCD.

Edited by J.T.

And sometimes I love my OCD and the research it forces me to do out of habit and curiosity

Here is the Refer-A-Friend ornament for Borealis.

BreakableIdioticCheetah-size_restricted.

It looks like someone ate several contaiers of day-glo Play-Doh and then puked all over the rifle.

I think I can skip that ornament and still be happy, so I don't have to bother with the Refer-A-Friend bullshit unless I end up recruiting someone that needs a carry.

Edited by J.T.

I went to my mom's house for lunch to let the dogs out and logged on fast enough to get the Recluse and Reckoner weapon bounties.

Whether or not I will finish or abandon them remains to be seen.

I also knocked out Blind Well and picked up fresh bounties after 1PM, so it'll be Ascendant Challenge first when I get home from work and whatever else I can get to after that before I pass out tonight.

Edited by J.T.

Ack, I still have Gambit Prime wins... er.... losses and bounty progression.... to grind as well. 

Maybe I'll deal with that first instead and go the pain of getting bow kills in Gambit out of the way before settling into some casual PvE?

Edited by J.T.

ok so like help me understand something

i bought destiny 2 and the year one dlc. that was like $90 total.

the year one DLC packs were abysmal and slowed my guild to a halt. Warmind specifically was so bad that after I completed it, I spent the rest of the night laying on the floor muttering "I can't believe it's worse." I have struggled to enjoy games since.

so they gave all of it away with forsaken, right? but like still expected me to buy forsaken after how badly they shit the bed with the year 1 stuff? So that's cool

And now they're not only giving everything I played and suffered through away, but if you start in september with their brand new free to play client, you'll start at a gear level too high for that content to matter? But they're unwilling to include forsaken in the cost of this new stuff, or even, like, discount it?

My question is, what the fuck did I do to bungie?

(this is not a serious question, I just needed to vent somewhere because holy shit man I feel like I'm owed money)

Edited by Lamp, broken circa 1988

32 minutes ago, Lamp, broken circa 1988 said:

(this is not a serious question, I just needed to vent somewhere because holy shit man I feel like I'm owed money)

Eliminate the 2 next to Destiny and you pretty much mirror my ranting about the way the original played out in terms of DLC etc...

That's why you don't give into MMO's!

*says the person that's dumped several hundreds of dollars into SWTOR and WOW over time for stuff that ends up free after 2 years.

16 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I am so happy Eris is back

Me too. I finally get to put a bullet in her head.

It was not hard to deduce that we'd get our showdown with Savathun with the next Hive heavy content.  I'm sure the raid will be needlessly convoluted.

Who has a Graviton Lance catalyst?  THIS GUY~!  I got mine from spamming Vanguard Strikes to dump the supply of Token boons I accumulated last season from all of those Praxic Fire reward packs.    I didn't get it from the Crucible.

Speaking of which, I am now ten sniper rifle kills / six headshots into the Reckoner quest.  While I was in PvP, a guy on my team already had the fucking Reckoner.  This shit came out on Tuesday so I am calling bullshit and saying that he got someone else to log his kills. 

Once I am done with the sniper rifle part in say, five years, I'll hit up LFG or my potentially new clan mates (if I have any) for a Fabled Glory grind so that I can get the Reckoner and the Recluse in one agonizing run.

It is hilarious that players are literally trying to snipe on every map, even the ones that are not sniper friendly.  I cosmologied the crap out of guys on Pacifica with the Lance when the tried to camp B.

I am dumb.  It dawned on me yesterday that I really should be using the Fighting Lion to grind grenade launcher kills for the Wendigo since the fucking thing takes Primary Ammo and that shit drops from damn near anything you kill.  Progress is going a bit faster now that I am just spamming grenades from the Lion and don't have to wait for Heavy to drop.

I got the Ikora's Resolve jumpship this morning in a strike before heading in to the office for this all hands meeting at 0900.  I would be happy about it if I didn't already zoom through the cosmos in the badass Black Peregrine.

Edited by J.T.

I think all the Faction catalysts must have high drop rates right now. I am sad however that clearly Faction rallies are never coming back.

I didn't get much done due to having my kid's 8th grade promotion ceremony but I did a bunch of bounties and two Menagerie treasure maps.

That allowed me to unlock another slot on my chalice

Yeah, I think the catalysts for the faction items will drop from any activity but that also means that Faction Rallies won't be reworked into the game along with Trials of the Nine.   

I kinda miss Trials if only because it was the release valve that made Comp less sweaty on the weekends.  I think the main reason that Comp is a circus right now is because there is no other place for hardcore PvPers to go once they get their Pinnacle Weapons other than to grief casuals in Quickplay and Rumble or make life miserable for casuals in the featured game mode of the week.....

..... unless it's Mayhem where shooting is moot....

I need to farm for a Sniper Rifle that goes in the Kinetic slot so that I can use the Lance as my primary weapon.

Problem is that I am notorious for getting extremely shitty RNG roles for the Gambit and Vanguard sniper rifles.

I will just have to keep killing it with Borealis until I put my hands on another rifle.

I am not crazy about using Borealis because it sometimes feels that bullets are not proccing even when I have a lined up headshot and I am not sure if it is a glitch or if it is just how Borealis works.

Edited by J.T.

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

Speaking of which, I am now ten sniper rifle kills / six headshots into the Reckoner quest.  While I was in PvP, a guy on my team already had the fucking Reckoner.  This shit came out on Tuesday so I am calling bullshit and saying that he got someone else to log his kills. 

So this is why everyone and their grandmother was using sniper rifles against me yesterday. That was annoying since my goto weapons are hand cannons.

Yes - the pinnacle Crucible weapon this Season is a sniper

I was laughing about this with JT early this week because as mentioned people are even trying to get sniper kills in Mayhem

It has made it better and worse - because guys are getting tunnel vision and just staring down their scopes and it is so easy to come up on their sides/behind and kill them.

The downside is you can turn a corner and be dead without even realizing where they were shooting from.

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

BTW @J.T. - Revoker is the Sniper Rifle, Reckoner is the Gambit seal

Same thing.

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

It has made it better and worse - because guys are getting tunnel vision and just staring down their scopes and it is so easy to come up on their sides/behind and kill them.

Yeah, I was wrecking dudes on Pacifica that were trying to snipe on a map that has only two or three good sight lines.

It saddens me that Bannerfall is not the sniping map in D2 that it was in D1.  

I imagine that only the brave go into a match on the Equinox map without a bow or a sniper rifle these days until this Revoker thing runs its course.

Edited by J.T.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

The downside is you can turn a corner and be dead without even realizing where they were shooting from.

Yeah this has me all over the place in terms of how well I do. Its kind of annoying since I was doing alright beforehand. I probably shouldn't complain too much since my teams seem to be winning more than losing, but it still bothers me when I can't get 1.5 or more because I'm dying more than I'm murdering.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

I imagine that only the brave go into a match on the Equinox map without a bow or a sniper rifle these days until this Revoker thing runs its course.

I would happier if I never got that damn map. It is by far my least favorite. Oddly enough I was never badly sniped there. I just end up in terrible positions regularly. I think its the map I do the worst on.

One thing I had missed 

Shadowkeep will be $35

EDIT - you will get the Season Pass for whatever Season is current when you buy Shadowkeep

If you buy Deluxe edition you will get all 4

(I am still not sure I quite got the details on that right)

What I thought would be 1 quickplay match to finish up my weekly Banshee bounty turned into 4-5 matches. The results were much the same as before ranging from shitty-ok. Kept running into people with sniper rifle, Recluses, and Last Words. On their own they aren't so bad, but together they are a horrible team.

Did some Gambit, Gambit Prime, and Reckoning as well to knock out daily bounties and make a little progress for the weeklies. At least two of those gambit matches were pretty close, one being a comeback that I think only happened because the other team had a member drop out. Kind of wonder if they had a bad connection because it made no sense how we were  able to catch up with how low their primeval was. Finally managed to capture the Spare Rations in one of my matches.

Reckoning was the first time I ever tried tier 3. Failed the first time, but did well in the second time. Was slightly disappointed wit the armor piece I got since its was the greaves and I'm not likely to replace my Orpheus Rig any time soon. Did end up getting the Doomsday grenade launcher, including a second master worked version. I feel like the non-special version is just a bit better though I'm keeping the master worked version as well for now.

Did a Menagerie run. This time things went far better aside from one particular part where my team got slaughtered (the recommended power was 740 whenever I died in that section). Took advantage of an exploit where you can use that 300 seconds after the mission to run to and back the treasure chest to reloot. Its kind of neat but not worth much since the loot while powerful will be less than first piece you picked up.

Currently my max power is probably 714-716. Thinking I will do some Dreaming City stuff to bring that up. I saw one person already at 741 during that first Reckoning run.

Edited by Eivion