DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

20 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Yeah, I need to get hip to the best way to farm Imperials.  This weekly bounty shit isn't doing it for me.

One of the chalice upgrades allows you to gain imperials from events. I really wish i knew that beforehand. Now I have to either wait for the reset or manage to pull off a good amount of triumphs.

7 minutes ago, Eivion said:

One of the chalice upgrades allows you to gain imperials from events. I really wish i knew that beforehand. Now I have to either wait for the reset or manage to pull off a good amount of triumphs.

Yeah, I knew I should've waited a bit before upgrading my Chalice, but I figured I'd be a bit more proactive with this content. 

I'm just going to wait for fresh weekly bounties before I mess with the Chalice again.  I still have Gambit Prime armor grinding to do as well as trying in vain to get some more PvP sniper headshots.  

I'm also about less than halfway through the Wendigo grind and could probably stand to get some more bow work done in Gambit for Hush.

Edited by J.T.

Ugh.  Totally forgot about Strongest Curse chests.  I'll do that first when I get on tomorrow and farm Cosmology kills while I am wandering around the Dreaming City.

Me two hours go: I better go ahead and knock the daily Banshee bounties out before the reset. Oh it looks like I have just one more Reckoning for the Reap them All bounty. That should be quick.

Me now: That was the worst run of Reckoning I have ever had. I had to have gone through at least 8-10 failed runs with various different teams before finally getting one damn completion. That sucked so much.

After going through today’s batch of Crucible bounties - I will officially be at the reset Valor 5 times in a season quest step.

Its gonna be real real then

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

After going through today’s batch of Crucible bounties - I will officially be at the reset Valor 5 times in a season quest step.

Its gonna be real real then

Hey, at least it's early in the season and you have a pretty good shot at getting the Broadsword and of course when IB rolls around there should be Bonus Valor available. 

I'd advise grinding your light up to 750 as soon as you can to take adventive of the power curve because there are sure to be guys at 750 by the time the first tournament rolls around.

I've already run into several 730 guys while grinding strikes for the Wendigo yesterday.

Win streaks modify your ranks, so you can't go in with a bounty earning mentality anymore.  Shit has just gotten serious.

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

Me two hours go: I better go ahead and knock the daily Banshee bounties out before the reset. Oh it looks like I have just one more Reckoning for the Reap them All bounty. That should be quick.

Me now: That was the worst run of Reckoning I have ever had. I had to have gone through at least 8-10 failed runs with various different teams before finally getting one damn completion. That sucked so much.

Yeah.  I am going to have to stop relying on matchmaking and just hit up LFG for a dedicated Tier 3 team.  I'm kinda tired of getting paired up with mooks that quit on the first failed run or getting stuck in a queue with players that have no idea what they're doing.

There is a special place in Hell for people that don't prep for the singe or tailor their sub-class and load-out to the modifiers and what other players are using.

Edited by J.T.

After making some bold choices in my first round of Chalice upgrades, I'm finally earning runes for Power Weapons. 

Even though I have the upgrade that allows me to earn Imperials in strikes, the chances of them showing up naturally are VERY rare and that stupid buff does not really seem to improve your chances.

I'll keep an eye on the Reddits to see if anyone knows what the Goldtusk formula is and in the meantime, I'll just keep earning Imperials for Chalice upgrades.  

I have a feeling that I'll have to damn near complete the Chalice before I am able to craft the gear that I REALLY want.

Edited by J.T.

I hate Warlock mains.  

They is bitching on the Bunige boards about Goldtusk being a Hunter only sword with totally sick perks (I totally cannot wait to merc dudes in PvP with a Goldtusk with Assassin's Blade on it) when fucking Warlocks just got an Exotic helmet that brings back the bad old days of Blink Shotgunning and oh did I mention that Hunters cannot Blink anymore?

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - as a Titan main - you both can go fuck yourselves

Bah. 

Hunter mains only bitch about our jumps because it makes platforming bullshit harder than it should be and damn near every item in Destiny 2 worth getting involves some crazy ass jumping puzzle.

I don't really have a problem with Titan mains because we're pretty much in the same boat when it comes to our Exotics not really being up to snuff.

D2 Warlocks get everything and still fucking want everything. 

No you cannot ninja run, assholes.  That is still our shit.

Now that Blink Shotgunning is back, I imagine there will be a run on Mindbender's Ambition shottys with Icarus Grips coming to wreck your Five Valor Rollover run, since that is probably the best approximation to Felwinter's Lie that you can get in the game.

Edited by J.T.

55 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

God its not even 11 and I really need to get home and shoot things in the face

Stupid everything

My boss is teleworking today, so I am seriously considering using a couple of my billion hours of comp time to cut fence early so that I can head to the 'rents crib and cut the backyard and log in just after reset to begin the Wendigo, Gambit Prime, and Imperials grinds once again.

Part of my grand scheme of grinding the Wendigo was the belief that Zavala would gift me a Long Shadow with decent perks that I could then use in the Crucible to grind away at the Revoker pinnacle weapon bounty. 

Having a kinetic sniper would allow me to chip away at the Revoker bounty and leave my EW slot free for me to use the Graviton Lance as my "primary."

Now I have a personal running joke going on about how many Long Shadow's I'll get that either have Hip Fire Grip or Threat Detector on it.

Ideally, I want one with Moving Target to help me cheat headshots and Explosive Payload to shunt damage falloff, but I will take Field Prep since I am usually crouching when I am sniping.  

Kill Clip is about the worst perk you can get on a PvP sniper rifle unless you're okay with fucking yourself out of Mission Control medals.

Edited by J.T.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - as a Titan main - you both can go fuck yourselves

As JT mentioned, there is shit I can't even be bothered to do because it was designed for fuckers who can float and/or fly. You have no right to bitch.

Hey, Rippa!

You would be wise to visit Werner before embarking on your PvP murder because he has a weekly bounty that involves completion of daily Crucible bounties.

If you're going to grind Valor, you may as well get paid a few Imperials and Crucible tokens for your troubles.

Edited by J.T.

The quest for the Trust rocket launcher went live yesterday.  I got blown up with one in a Gambit Prime match just last night..

I'm guessing the analytics say that folks either hate Ascendant Challenges or there is a surplus of Baryon Boughs in the game, otherwise why tie this quest to the use of Queensfoil?

Oh, someone has already found a glitch in the quest.

It's a bit game breaking, but it is also a time saver.  Normally I don't use exploits, but this one make the grind a bit easier if it hasn't been stealth patched yet.

@RIPPA I should be home from work around 3PM, but I have a bit of yardwork to tackle at my mom's.  I should be gaming proper after dinner if you want to take a crack at the quest line since you also have to do several Nightfalls with a 100 handicap while getting rocket launcher kills in addition to the Ascendant Challenge.

I still need to get the quest, so my first stop will be the Menagerie.

I think that doing Warden's Law as a Nightfall is a required quest step, so we need to jump on this while it's active this week.

Edited by J.T.

Everyone was talking about the glitch yesterday 

I am about to try the AC right now

Where I will need help is all the Nightfalls that have to be run

15 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Everyone was talking about the glitch yesterday 

I am about to try the AC right now

Where I will need help is all the Nightfalls that have to be run

Sounds good.  Give me a chance to catch up to where you are in the quest and then we'll run the Nightfalls tonight.

It figures that the AC this week is the Agornarch Abyss:

I already have all of the lore and a successful solo speed run logged for this shit, so I should be able to knock this out in no time flat when I am on this afternoon.

Edited by J.T.

Someone on the reddits was kind enough to post the locations of the relics in the last step of the Trust quest along with images.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/bzhofs/truth_exotic_quest_last_step/

He also posted video of the platforming route you need to take to get to the Ascendant Chest to retrieve the Truth before the strike timer runs out after you destroy the Warden Servitor.

Edited by J.T.

the relics are super easy and there are way more than the 5 you need. You really don't need a guide to find them

One failed round of attempting the AC

Granted I spent most of the time trying to do the time trial version and my aim with the fucking Titan melee sucks.

I guess I am gonna have to go the slow way and be infuriated with the rotating platforms

I had to use ST0MPEE5 boots on some of those jumps, so you might need to temporarily craft yourself some Lion Ramparts if you're having problems with the last few platforming asteroids and you don't have a high Mobility score.

If my non-jumping ass can get a speed run completion, then so can you.  The Hive Wizard bosses have Void barriers, so I'd make sure I had plenty of ammo for the Hammerhead if you want to kill them quickly.

I'm not sure how good you are with the Shield Throw super, but using it on the Shadow Thralls and the Hive Wizard bosses is probably a good idea.   I used Spectral Blades on the Taken when I made my successful speed run.

Edited by J.T.

There we go - second time was the charm

And I managed to get the Time Trial too.

I remembered the tip from Datto and immediately got the map fragment right there since I was already ascended

Then I bought the rest from Petra.

AND I already had a corsair down bounty so I am off to do that.

I checked my profile on the D2 app and I also have a Corsair Down bounty for the Harbinger's Seclude.

52 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I remembered the tip from Datto and immediately got the map fragment right there since I was already ascended

Hmm.  Those are the plstforms that lead to one of the Ascendant Chests during the weakest point of the Curse. 

I know where that chest is because I've already opened it once and if my experience with the Strongest Chest located near Huginn is an example, I should be able to open it a second time.

If you've gone through the trouble to open that one, you may as well find a guide to help you open the rest since you're probably swimming in Baryon Boughs and can afford to burn a few for more Tinctures from the Skull Merchants.

Edited by J.T.