DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Since I don't need Army of Ones yet AND I knew were going to lose - I laughed everyone single time I would hear "Your teammate has invaded" to immediately be followed with "Bringing him back"

Yes, sometimes I will count the seconds between the"Your ally has invaded" and "Your teammate is defeated.  Pulling him back" alerts for a decent laugh.

As for the spoiler.

Spoiler

I'm happy to see that they're not shitcanning D2 after this last season of Forgotten.

My guess is that they will introduce the pyramid ship thing in D3 and Shadowkeep will end up being the showdown with Savathun that we were all expecting.

Obviously Eris will finally return to the Tower when that DLC drops.

Edited by J.T.

My D2 app is upgraded.  

Wow,  Eververse is fucking loaded down with stuff.

Looks like everyone will get one free Best of Year One Bright Engram for free and the rest will probably cost Silver.

I need to find someone to sucker into helping me with the Refer-a-Friend adventure since I just discovered that's the only way you can get the ornament for Borealis.

Edited by J.T.

Did all the quest steps to make it to and through a Menagerie run. Menagerie is interesting. The place is kind of huge, a bit of maze, and it kind of runs long. It also runs at a 720 Power suggestion save the final boss which is actually 710. Its not super easy  right now though I imagine that will change in a few weeks when people caught up power wise and understand the mechanics of the various stages. I can kind of see why they have made that the heroic version can only runs with proper teams. One interesting thing is that the mission ends give you 6 minutes to run around. There are clearly secrets to discover though I have no idea where any of it is since I'm usually bad with this stuff. I'm sure people have found something already, and I'll see vids explaining shit late today. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

Did all the quest steps to make it to and through a Menagerie run. Menagerie is interesting. The place is kind of huge, a bit of maze, and it kind of runs long. It also runs at a 720 Power suggestion save the final boss which is actually 710. Its not super easy  right now though I imagine that will change in a few weeks when people caught up power wise and understand the mechanics of the various stages. I can kind of see why they have made that the heroic version can only runs with proper teams. One interesting thing is that the mission ends give you 6 minutes to run around. There are clearly secrets to discover though I have no idea where any of it is since I'm usually bad with this stuff. I'm sure people have found something already, and I'll see vids explaining shit late today. 

Yeah, I'll be grinding to max light before tackling the Menagerie builshit.

It's the Strongest Week for the Curse, so I am not sure if I will even bother with any Opulence crap.  I have to track down Strongest Week chests as well as Shattered Throne lore, and I could also stand to get a speed run completion for the AC this week.

Edited by J.T.

16 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Well, that didn't take long.

The clan, Be Bold, has claimed the World's First raid completion title for Crown of Sorrows.  I'm a subscriber to Esoterickk's lore location channel, so I am happy for him and his clan.  That dude probably puts out the best D2 how to guides on YouTube.

I'm kinda bummed to hear that we will be rescuing Calus from the Hive rather than putting a bullet into his large dome.

At least this season's theme will serve as a segue into the next batch of content.

Edited by J.T.

Yeah - I loved the run wild and free part after a run.

I found one hidden lore thingy but I have also only done one run.

And technically the Menagerie starts at 690 - its just that as you start to do well a message pops up saying "Calus demands you fight stronger opponents" or something like that and that is when the bump up to 720.

I like that you can't really "fail" - the middle sections were fucking rough for my team but once we got our groove and learned the mechanics we were much more efficient

I think I am at 702 now - Of course all I have gotten are sub machine guns so far

• Like 1

Oh - got my two Gambit wins so now it is Army of One time

I also started getting bows kills for Hush because I am fucking stupid and will grind for it

I am not even bother to get the sniper rifle from Shaxx since I suck at using snipers in the Crucible (and you have to get like two million kills)

40 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Yeah, I'll be grinding to max light before tackling the Menagerie builshit.

There is zero reason to wait till 750 before you start running it

In fact - I would definitely start the quest line before doing ALL of your weeklies because one of the steps requires you to complete a challenge and I think only the weeklies count (I mean all the quest stuff is on Nessus and that is where the FP is so I was killing two birds with one stone)

EDIT - I think part of the reason people are struggling is they aren't paying attention to the modifiers. Like yesterday - it was Void Singe, Iron and Heavyweight. So Iron is also going to fuck with people especially when not OPed. And people weren't fucking using Hammerhead. (To be less specific - people were starting off running solar classes or using non-void weapons, etc...)

In my team - I started using it as my only weapon the last two rounds and it was a dream (granted you have to have special ammo finder in one of your mod slots too)

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

There is zero reason to wait till 750 before you start running it

Ah,  max light is 750, not 720.

I'll get the initial quest crap done before I start doing anything else so that I can double dip on the challenge completions.

I'm going to attempt a speed run of the AC this week, so holla at me if you are online and want to come with.

I'm also going to grind the Corrupted strike for the Horror's Least pulse rifle since IIRC there is a Secret Triumph involved for the Dreaming City destination queue.

Edited by J.T.

To clarify - max light for the character is 750

Yeah - I don't think the plain version of Menagerie goes above 720

But even still - as I said there isn't really "failing" the Menagerie (I guess unless a team totally falls apart but even then you don't get booted - you are just trying to solo the big bitch of a boss)

Basically it s a 6 person matchmade Nightfall

• Like 1

Datto posted that his Math Class squad was 2nd and at the time of his video - he said only 6 teams had cleared at that point

In fact - Datto starts his video explaining that they thought they were first and then they found out they were second so they actually were a little devastated at the time.

I feel badly for Datto.  His crew got kinda cheated out of the World's First run for Scourge, but it wasn't the other clan's fault that they figured out how to game bounties and grind up enough light for the raid.  That was Bungie's fault by design.

Now that the playing field is allegedly even, Datto still came up short.  It's rotten luck that he didn't come in first but like I said before, I'm happy for Esoterrick and his crew.  Those guys in Be Bold grind content so that you don't have to bang your head against a wall looking for the shit that Bungie hides in the worst possible places.

The fetchit lore shit is obviously designed in a way that only hardcore people who are constantly gaming have the time and opportunity to look for that shit.  Me?  I've got a day job and a family I like to spend time with on the weekends.  

I've got no time to cold search under every nook and cranny for Ahamkara Bones on my own..  It was the madness of the Touch of Malice quest that inspired me to tell D1 to kiss my ass.

Edited by J.T.

I just watched Datto's video and I really feel bad because they had to edit out all the post completion stuff due to the confusion over whether they were #1 or not

Basically it came down to RNG blessed everyone on their squad with the raid exotic so they thought they were #1 when it just turned out they were really really lucky

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Basically it came down to RNG blessed everyone on their squad with the raid exotic so they thought they were #1 when it just turned out they were really really lucky

Heh.  I hope I have that kind of bad luck when I eventually get around to doing Last Wish or Scourge.  Scoring on One Thousand Voices or the Anarchy on my first try would be a Godsend.

Edited by J.T.

Here is Be Bold's World's First run of Crown of Sorrow from Esoterickk's POV.

The video is nearly five hours long.

I'll wait for the Cliff Notes.

Edited by J.T.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - I loved the run wild and free part after a run.

I found one hidden lore thingy but I have also only done one run.

And technically the Menagerie starts at 690 - its just that as you start to do well a message pops up saying "Calus demands you fight stronger opponents" or something like that and that is when the bump up to 720.

I like that you can't really "fail" - the middle sections were fucking rough for my team but once we got our groove and learned the mechanics we were much more efficient

I think I am at 702 now - Of course all I have gotten are sub machine guns so far

I assume you found that opening round chalice for lore? 

I agree on liking the lack of flat out failure because the middle definitely gets rough. They kind of lure you into a false sense of success with the first two stages.

3 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I assume you found that opening round chalice for lore? 

Maybe.....

The only thing I found post completion was there was something in the final room on a ledge above a door

14 hours ago, RIPPA said:

GRAVITATIONAL LANCE CATALYST BITCHES~!

How and where did it drop for you?  I'm guessing from the Menagerie and that would make sense if it did.

There is nothing like Day One of a new season to remind you how much you hate the Light grind.

I somehow managed to luck out and score on a full set of this season's vanity armor.  Good thing since the Season 6 vanity armor does not have the extra mod slot for Menagerie shit.  I'm glad I got the vanity armor set because the Indiana Jones inspired Season 7 armor looks like hot garbage.  They have Hunters running around in what appears to be a raggedy pair of Convers Chuck T's.

I'm up to the part of the inaugural quest where you actually have to go to the fucking Menagerie, but I held off in favor of finding some infusion fodder to upgrade my new vanity armor.  I'm now at 705 or something and I've still got a LOT of guns to upgrade.  I'm going to be visiting Banshee a lot this season to score his new bounties.

Borealis came out of mothballs so that I could do Banshee's sniper rifle bounty and I am once again annoyed that it doesn't have an ornament, so I am going to try to find a Refer-A-Friend homie to help me help him.

RNG continues to hate on my aspirations to be a Notorious Invader or a Notorious Sentry.  I got every armor Notorious Invader piece save for a helmet or a vest when I ran Tier 3 last night and the weapon rewards I got for Reckoning and Gambit Prime completions also blew chunks.  Any grenade launcher with Slideways is going to get sharded.

At least I got four solid Tier 3 runs in without it taking an entire week.  Now I just need to get some wins in Gambit Prime and kill some dudes to finish the new Invader helmet bounty I bought.  That way, I'll only be missing the vests for my Notorious Sentry and Notorious Invader armor sets and those pieces will drop eventually.

I'm going to get all of my Dreaming City shit out of the way tonight and then go back to grinding Gambit Prime so fair warning.  If I have time and don't pass out on the couch, I also intend to find a Nightfall group to help me grind Corrupted for the Horror's Least.  Hopefully I get one with a decent roll.  The Warden's Law I got last week had wretched perks.

Speaking of Gambit and Gambit Prime, progress on the Mark of the Devourer has been suspended until I finish the Hush bounty.  I can't use Thorn because Le Monarque is getting things done for me progress wise.

I think I am annoying other players by using The Colony in Vanguard strikes on Void Singe week to grind the Pinnacle Vanguard Weapon bounty for this 'nade launcher, but fuck those people.  Make hay while the sun shines, I say.  I am going to go apeshit in Strikes with the Colony this week on the day that Heavyweight is up.   Maybe I'll use up all of those Token Boons I stockpiled in Season 6?

Edited by J.T.

29 minutes ago, J.T. said:

How and where did it drop for you?  I'm guessing from the Menagerie and that would make sense if it did.

Nope - dropped at the end of a Crucible match. Now it was my 5th match so it could have been tied into finishing my weekly but I doubt it.

Crucible is really weird right now since EVERYONE is using snipers

So God Bless you stupid idiots trying to snipe in Mayhem

I need to knock 5 more Comp matches out and then the hardcore push to 5 Valor resets begins.

Oh I should say that Mayhem is AWESOME for getting grenade launcher kills which I need for The Mountaintop

You can't walk two feet without purple laying on the ground

39 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Nope - dropped at the end of a Crucible match. Now it was my 5th match so it could have been tied into finishing my weekly but I doubt it.

Crucible is really weird right now since EVERYONE is using snipers

So God Bless you stupid idiots trying to snipe in Mayhem

I need to knock 5 more Comp matches out and then the hardcore push to 5 Valor resets begins.

Eh, I can live with the Lance catalyst dropping in PvP although it will take thousands of years for me to get it.

And yeah, everyone trying to snipe in the Crucible is hilarious. 

Too bad that there are only a handful of Sniper friendly maps in the game now, although some dudes are making it work on some of the shorter maps.   I got domed once or twice on Retribution last night and it is almost suicide to look down your iron sights for more than a couple seconds on that map.

I have no clue why anyone would try to snipe in Mayhem with all of those Supers going off.

38 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Oh I should say that Mayhem is AWESOME for getting grenade launcher kills which I need for The Mountaintop

You can't walk two feet without purple laying on the ground

I also have no idea why anyone would bother with Heavy Weapons in Mayhem.  You're just asking to get Blade Barraged if you take the few precious seconds it takes to load up on purple.

You may want to roll with the old Pulse Rifle / Fighting Lion / Play Of The Day loadout when you start grinding Comp for the Mountaintop.  Some guys are brave and crazy enough to go with triple grenade launchers when they grind for the Mountaintop, but I'd be too afraid of running dry on ammo to take that route.

I am tempted to take a stab at getting the Recluse, but I am debating if I am mentally strong enough to complete the second part of that Triumph and grind towards Fabled Glory. 

If I decide to do it, I'll probably get the Revoker bounty from Shaxx and start getting sniper kills so that when I hit Comp, I can double dip. 

Instead of using Mindbenders / Colony in PvP, I'd probably switch to Borealis / Hammerhead.

The Glory grind for the Revoker doesn't look bad on paper, but looks can be deceiving.

There's no way I'm going to mess with the Redrix, Mountaintop or Luna's Howl bullshit.  Too much grief involved in getting to Legendary Glory status.

Edited by J.T.