DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

Hey, Rippa.  AC this week is Ouroborea, so maybe this week you will finally get around to killing those knights for your Purification Ritual? I've found all of the lore AND have a speed run completion for this challenge.

Normally, I'd tell this challenge to pound sand, but I'll probably do it anyway since AC completions give you two pieces of max light loot and I can always use unpurified RD armor with min/max perks.

This week is the strongest week for the Curse so I believe I will make a run at my last set of Ahamkara Bones in the Shattered Throne dungeon and I'll try to do it in a set of unpurified RD armor so that I ca shred that shit after I'm done.

I can also get my last Truth To Power entry by completing Blind Well this week.

Edited by J.T.

The biggest thing I realized this past weekend (which was also the most disappointing)

I have to finish Forsaken on my Warlock because I need to get to the Dreaming City to get Seeds of Light

Well at least I will finally get credit for killing the Gunslinger

18 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Well at least I will finally get credit for killing the Gunslinger

The Rifleman?

18 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Well at least I will finally get credit for killing the Gunslinger.

Well, you can kill two birds with one stone by beating a Level 3 Plague in the Well and turning in your offering to the Oracle.

That should get you two Seeds of Light.

I know you've got renovations going on this week, but if you're able to get online, give me a shout out. 

If Blackout isn't the bad modifier in the Reckoning this afternoon, I may try to get a deathless run out of the gate and then go and tackle the Well.  It's possible that I may still need to go to the Well, when (if) you get online.

Edited by J.T.

Whatever the fuck his name was

But yeah - I won't really be able to go hard core until this weekend I think and if I run with you my first two priorities are the special Corrupted strike and the special version of the Insight Terminus Strike.

Why Bungie doesn't do matchmaking for them is beyond me.

I also need to start doing Tier II Reckonings

7 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

But yeah - I won't really be able to go hard core until this weekend I think and if I run with you my first two priorities are the special Corrupted strike and the special version of the Insight Terminus Strike.

Well, I get my kid this weekend and we're going to see Endgame again, so I won't be able to run hardcore after Thursday night until I drop my daughter back off at her mom's on Sunday evening.

I still have vivid and hate filled nightmares about the final Malfeasance mission but I can try to drag you to victory. 

I think I also remember where the Ahamkara Bones are in that strike, but you don't have the Wish Ender to shoot the Corrupted Eggs and get all of the lore in one run.

Edited by J.T.

All I care about is completion on both.

The rest of my time will be IB and hoping I can somehow get 3 more Valor resets in 2 1/2 weeks

40 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

All I care about is completion on both.

The rest of my time will be IB and hoping I can somehow get 3 more Valor resets in 2 1/2 weeks

Too bad you can't go hardcore this week.  I think this is IB Double Valor / Triple Valor time.

I'll also try to get a Nightfall or two in this week because I'll try to get my last Nightfall triumph done if Pyramidion is up this week and I still kinda want to get the catalyst for the Prospector so I can melt Reckoning bosses when Arc Singe is up.. 

IIRC, Arc Singe should be up this week.

Edited by J.T.

Never fail me IB

I played my 5 matches for my weekly and paired that with the full IB gear to get the Triumph

I might never take it off

4 wins out of the 5 (and the one loss was close)

And I already completed the capture bounty and the killing folks with an advantage bounty

I went 2-1 yesterday in the IB.  First match was a bit of a grind, but my team pulled a win out of their asses in the last minute of the match.  I had to abandon the Thorn killing for the time being because we played on Convergence and that was no time to mess around with short range guns.

Then my team lost by mercy rule on Solitude.. a map I usually love to play on.  My ER was 1.5 so I did ehhh..

And after that, my team won by mercy on Bannerfall... a map that I absolutely hate.  My ER was 8.0.

Between the mercy loss and the mercy win, I got in my last two Thorn kills for the Mark of the Devourer triumph.  Very happy that part is over.  Now on to the even grindier Gambit Prime kills part.

After messing around in the IB for a bit, I decided to go and knock out Petra's weekly challenge..  AC cleared and Blind Well done, so my Truth To Power lore book is complete and I can finally read it in its entirety after six and a half seasons.

I am pleased to report that I finally got a Deathless run in against the Swords, so I am now sporting my new Wheel of Fortune emblem!

I saw that the mods for the day were Solar Singe / Attrition / Grenadier, so I figured that would be my best shot at getting a clear without dying.  The best Good mod would've been Brawler so that I could use Vanish In Smoke more often but with my luck, the Bad mod would be either Prism or Blackout.

I was fortunate enough to get placed with a coordinated three-stack with one Well-lock and two Slowva Bomb Warlocks.   I got booped off of the bridge on our first run, but we got a clear so I was sorta happy about that..

At least we made it across the bridge without a complete wipe and beat the bosses before time ran out.

Second run was much better.  We got into a rhythm of Well - Tether - Nova Bomb - Tether - Nova Bomb and repeat.  Got across the Bridge of Folly in nearly record time.  We all had Solar Energy Weapons that had Dragonfly on them, so we made pretty short work of the Thralls and snipers and Nova Bombs took care of the big guys.

Sadly, I was a bit selfish with Vanish in Smoke during the boss fight.  I tried to use my smoke bombs to cloak the entire fireteam, but I was mostly concerned with keeping myself invisible so that I could run revives and (more importantly) not get killed.

We nearly one phased the Swords, but then the Well-lock stood his ground and got merced, so I had to burn a smoke bomb to revive him and keep us in the fight.  He was the only dude running a Solar subclass, so we kinda needed his Fusion Nades, y'know?

We were smart enough to remember that the Hermit only provides BONUS damage, so we took opportunities to fire rockets and Avalanche bullets at the almost unfairly tanky bosses in between bonus damage phases, so the two super knights were pretty badly beat up by the second damage phase.  After that it was Tethers, Well, Rockets, and Done.

I was bit nervous at first because the triumph didn't unlock after the clear, but then it clicked over after I clamed my loot.  I breathed a gigantic sigh of relief.

I got Notorious Invader gloves with worse perks than the ones I had on the first run and a pair of Notorious Reaper boots on the second run that I shredded because no Traction perk.

The Warlock party bounced after the second run, so I followed suit.  It was getting late anyway.

I still need one more completion for the Reckoning weekly challenge and two more for Part One of the Sentry Helmet Bounty, so I'll probably knock all of that out when I get on tonight after mowing the lawn at my mom's crib. 

I pray that the roll is kind for my GP Weekly Challenge or Reckoning Weekly Challenge completions because I really want a Night Watch scout rifle or Spare Rations hand cannon with the Curated roll (Overflow / Explosive Payload) or the Last Man Standing shotgun with Grave Robber / One Two Punch.

The Curated roll for the LMS (Auto-Loading Holster / Full Auto held back by crappy crappy Smoothbore) is very shitty.

Edited by J.T.

Oh yeah.  I didn't mention my miserable loss in Vanilla Gambit last night so I must've purged it from active memory. 

Man, I really had an awful team.

It was the Vanilla Gambit beatdown that prompted me to start playing Crucible.

And yeah, Pyramidion is a Nightfall for this week, so I either need to find an LFG group I can con into helping me with my last remaining NS triumph or lazy shame my clan mates into playing something other than fucking Stardew Valley, Rainbow Six, or Division 2 for a change.

I guess I should be happy they didn't drag me into playing shitty shitty Anthem.

Edited by J.T.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I should be on more today and tomorrow so if you need someone for the Nightfall let me know

Sounds good.  I'll probably give you a shout after I finish cutting grass, getting cleaned up, and grabbing dinner.

I have a precision shot Scrapper Bounty to do because Enhancement Cores so I'll definitely try to get some IB in tonight as well.

Edited by J.T.

I got a Valor reset last night

Time to keep spamming IB in the hopes a getting a 2nd reset this week which would give me 3 for the season and then I would just need to do 1 a week (and they tend to do another Double/Triple weekend the last week of the season to help folks)

Well it was a bad night for Reckoning progress.   Matchmaking kept sticking me with assholes that couldn't make it over the bridge. 

I had some douchenozzle tell me to switch from tethers and go with a damage super like Arcstrider or Blade Barrage. 

Why in the fuck would I go with Arctstrider when the singe is Solar?

Anyway, I replied nicely at first with "Uh, I'm running tethers to keep us from getting mobbed by Thralls, man."

Then he replied, "I'm running tethers.  Orpheus."

I'm guessing he didn't respond kindly to my critique of him running Pathfinder instead of Trapper and not generating enough orbs for our Void Titans and not using Vanish in Smoke to cloak us from the snipers, because he bounced and so did the shitty Titan in his fireteam that was running Bubble when he should've been running Shield Wall.  Oh well. 

I bounced after five minutes of shitty Matchmaking not sending any replacement players.

After that, I played some Vanilla Gambit to knock out the last two games I needed to clear both the Daily and the Weekly Challenges.  My teams split the pair but I got a Dragonfly / Explosive Payload Trust hand cannon for my troubles at the end of Match 2 (WE WON IN SUDDEN DEATH~!) to cheer me up after a very shitty Match 1 where I played with a team that refused to kill the Envoys first.

My OCD went bananas when I took a good luck at the Trust I got.  Great, look at this fucking roll.  Yet another optimum perk weapon to clutter up my already expanding arsenal of Energy Weapons. 

To complicate my decision of whether or not to shred the Trust, I tossed on a Targeting Adjuster that I got from a shitty Parcel of Stardust that received in the previous match and shredded for shards.  Fuck, that gun is sexy.  Looks like I'm keeping that shit for the time being. 

I looked at the perks on my Spare Rations hand cannon (Fourth Time's The Charm / Moving Target) and the ones on the Trust and suddenly regretted not buying that pair of Lucky Pants with the HC perks that Xur sold a few weeks ago.

Anyway, I got a little paranoid because I hadn't played any IB the entire night, so I threw on my PvP douchebag load out and went in.  I played two matches and my teams won 2-0.  We mercied the other team in the first match in The Citadel (I love that map...) and won by an eyelash on Equinox (110 - 98).  I finished well in the positive in both matches, but not enough to raise my Lifetime ER score.

Messed around so much in the Haul that I did not get time to run the Nightfall before I tapped out.  I'll try to get that shit done tonight after more yardwork.  I have my kid this weekend, so I should be back at the 'rents on Sunday and that's probably when I will LFG for a Shattered Throne fireteam.

Running Code Zero is not looking good this week with the IB going on.  I want to kill as many of those bounties as I can before next Tuesday.  I also need to get in some Gambit Prime before the week is out.

Edited by J.T.

The second IB match I played was pretty sad.  The other team started off with only two players because they got abandoned by a dedicated four stack.

In a proper show of Destiny sportsmanship, my team pounced on them immediately.

We had zone control for almost the entire match, but it was impossible to mercy them because there was only two dudes around to shoot.  Not enough players to us to kill to generate a ton of points on the scoreboard.

After about a minute or two, they got some backup which apparently was much better than the worst guys on our team and suddenly my team found itself in a dogfight.  

The other team made a good run with three minutes left, but then my team decided to rally.  We triple capped with about a minute to go and put up enough points to stay ahead and win the damn thing.

Highlight of the match for me was getting a natural Triple Down after three 650's tried to keep me from getting the Heavy and I just melted them with headshots from my Go Figure pulse rifle.  Power makes a difference. 

I'm guessing that's why people hate using the Iron Burden.

I have to hand it to the original two guys on the enemy team.  They dug in and never rage quit and it took a while for them to get support.  Quite a few replacement players immediately left for orbit after loading into the match.  They didn't want a piece of what we were dishing out, but some brave souls did and those folks played hard and nearly snatched the win from us.

Edited by J.T.

I had terrible luck when playing as my Titan with the teams I was getting

Much better luck with my Warlock - including ending on a 5 match winning streak (I stopped when I reset my Valor)

So I will give it all back today presumably

14 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I had terrible luck when playing as my Titan with the teams I was getting

Much better luck with my Warlock - including ending on a 5 match winning streak (I stopped when I reset my Valor)

So I will give it all back today presumably.

Yeah, can you please get your Warlock a different jumpship?.  She needs to fly something nicer looking than the shitty Shadow Trespass with all of those holes in the fuselage..

Don't you have something sleek and shiny like a Glad Tidings, Home Away, or a Aeviternal XXII or something?

Edited by J.T.

56 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I love the Shadow Trespass plus I rarely see anyone flying it

Because it is a flying junk heap?

But seriously, I hear you.

I used my Christmas Xbox gift card to buy Silver and purchased the Black Peregrine package from Eververse because everyone and their brother was rolling with the Queen of Hearts.

And now what do I see every third of fourth Crucible match?  Me flying in with a fucking squadron of Black Peregrine jumpships.

Either that or I find myself rolling into battle in formation with ten million Unfinal Shapes or Thousand Wings.

I may go back to the fucking Odrerir, the Lost Legend, or even a purple jumpship if this keeps up.  I've already swapped out my Barebones exotic Sparrow for a purple one because my OCD could not stand to see Titans and Warlocks riding it when it CLEARLY has the Hunter insignia on the reactor core.

I don't know why that drives me bonkers, but it does.  (YOU ARE A HUNTER~!  WHY ARE YOU FUCKING DRIVING A PRAXIC FIRE SPARROW~?? ARGH~!!!)

I was in a Solar Singe Vanguard Strike once with someone running a Female Warlock who had the Praxic Fire Sparrow AND also ran Dawnblade while wearing that Praxic Fire exotic armor, so there is at least one person playing Destiny 2 whose OCD is worse than mine.

Speaking of jumpships, I am dumb.  Why has it taken me so long to find the console near Amanda that you can use to summon your Jumpship to the hangar so that you can show it off?

Edited by J.T.

Boy it is all or nothing this morning

Either I am mercying someone or I am gettting mercied

I think I played one close match

Jotuun can still eat a dick.

Surprised I am not seeing Outbreak more

Most of the people that pack Jotunn in the IB are Iron Burden folks trying to poach high light kills for the Wizened Rebuke dealie.

If you are 700 and the person that opens fire you is like 610 or lower, it is highly probable that you will survive the impact and AoE effect relatively unscathed. 

Then you can target the offending player and ventilate his skull..

Even with a Resilience of 4 and a Recovery of 3, being 700 LL has allowed me to no sell plenty of Jotunn blasts from low lights in the past two IBs and then go on to dome the shooter with hate bullets.

It is such a good feeling

The Iron Burden may be the dumbest thing that the devs have come up with in a long time.

Edited by J.T.

While I have run across many a folks clearly Iron Burdening - most of the Jotunn folks are 690-700

I knocked out another IB bounty and am back to Brave II already.

I have to run errands and get my dog back from my Father in Law's plus my kid has a concert tonight so who knows if I will get to IB with my Warlock or not today

I spent waaaaaaaaaaay too much time fucking around with the Reckoning last night and I didn't get one damn clear.  I don't know what it is about Prism that makes defeating the Swords so fucking hard. 

I didn't experience too many Bridge of Folly fails, but I and the players I was with just couldn't time our attacks on the Swords to match the shifting elements and those big fuckers are way too tanky to screw up too many bonus damage opportunities.

I played one IB match on Bannerfall and lost, but at least it was hotly contested and both of our teams played well.  The other guys were just better at keeping zone control.

Thankfully it is my custody weekend, so I should get some game time on Sunday evening.  I've already got my IB triumphs done for S6, so I will probably try to focus on the Pyramidion Nightfall triumph and collecting lore from Shattered Throne and maybe getting my two ST related Purification Rituals done if my supply of Queensfoil holds out.

I'll do my best to get my Gambit Prime related stuff done, but it may have to wait.

Edited by J.T.

The have announced some of the tweaks coming with Season of Opulence and they are nerfing the White Nail perk on Whisper of the Worm so let the yelling begin

Sleeper, Ace of Spades and Lord of Wolves are also getting nerfs

Skull of Dire Ahamkara, Orpheus Rigs, and Phoenix Protocol are all getting nerfed too but in that case activities should remain somewhat the same.

Also, because these items are so overwhelmingly strong in situations where players face off against large numbers of enemies, some activities were designed considering the use of armor such as Orpheus Rigs, Phoenix Protocol, Skull of Dire Ahamkara, etc. This means if someone in your fireteam doesn't have these Super Exotics equipped, the activity becomes far more difficult.