DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

Hopefully one of the next things coming in the next chapter is a finish to Dreaming City. I thought we would have had it by now.

I haven't played more than an hour the last week or so. I'm kind of just waiting for season of Opulence to start though I may go ahead and at least get the Service Revolver before the season ends. I still have to get through quests for Izanagi, Last Word, & Thorn. Feels like I might as well wait until it will increase my power upon getting them.

I am not sure why, but running down the Curse Stronger chests seemed less infuriating than the Weak Curse chests.  I am no longer embarrassed to put on my Ascendant Chest counter emblem (Drink At The Well) now that it no longer says "1".

I also have a full set of the Kiyot armor.  I created a Sixth Coyote exotic chest piece to see how the template looked with the baseline Kiyot armor and it was ugly.  I'll just run with the full purple set and masterwork it as I get cores.  

I still need to masterwork my Black Armory Swift Ride pulse rifle (Moving Target / Headseeker) and the 700 Trust (Snapshot Sights / Exploding Payload) that dropped for me as my Daily Gambit  Challenge reward after today's reset.

I really should've kept my Titan and Warlock up to snuff because the Sunbreaker and Cormorant Blade armor look pretty awesome.

I tried to do a speed run of the Shattered Ruins AC and failed.  I fell once and recovered pretty quickly, but I guess the few seconds it took me to reorient myself were too costly.  I completed the challenge bounty, but apparently I wasn't fast enough to secure a speed run. 

I may try again on Monday night to see if I can make it up to the top in one go again and hopefully do it quickly enough for it to register as a successful speed run even though I don't have the AC bounty anymore.

Edited by J.T.

Completed my bow frame and did my first Izanami forge run. Also made sure to get my key

Finished the Io FP at the same time as my bow frame since I needed the Taken kills

Did another Gambit match as I continued towards Malfesence

Finally picked up the Thorn quest since I am lazy

Will probably play some Comp in the morning since I haven't been taking advantage of the double Glory

After much debate and struggle, I finally decided to leave the DARPA Clan on Sunday.  No hard feelings.  Nearly all of them have moved on to Apex Legends or plan on sinking their lives into Dauntless.

We'll probably hook back up piecemeal once Borderlands 3 drops.

Not sure if I am going to join another clan or form one myself out of the small cadre of unaffiliated dudes that run Nightfalls with me. 

Either way, the Heroic versions of the Season of Opulence treasure runs don't have Matchmaking so if I want to make a dent in that content, I'll have to find some active players to run with with via LFG, joining a clan, forming a clan, or rolling with my regular randos.

When I get on tonight, I'll play whatever DC's are up and then make one last attempt at a speed run before the Opulence rollover.

Edited by J.T.

If you find an active (not crazy) clan - let me know.

I think DVDVR is back to me and @Eivion so I might finally pull the plug (especially as I am hitting more and more things that require fireteams to progress)

Speaking of which - in a perfect world - by the end of the week I will need your help running that special version of Savathûn's Song (I am at the step before where you need Void and/or Hand Cannon kills in Crucible)

I am up for anything, so let me know when you're ready to run Chasm of Screams. 

We'll definitely need to hit up LFG for a third man because that strike is way more infuriating than even that special version of Corrupted was.

Edited by J.T.

Yeah I spent the weekend bouncing between working on Malfeasance and Thorn

I will probably continue Gambit tonight because I need to win 4 more matches and Triple Infamy has me close to another reset

OH! I do need your help with Watcher Lenses - my fat ass Titan is too slow to do the switches even with maxed mobility to do them solo

I spent at least 30 minutes and finally decided I need to try other things

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah I spent the weekend bouncing between working on Malfeasance and Thorn

I will probably continue Gambit tonight because I need to win 4 more matches and Triple Infamy has me close to another reset

OH! I do need your help with Watcher Lenses - my fat ass Titan is too slow to do the switches even with maxed mobility to do them solo

I spent at least 30 minutes and finally decided I need to try other things

The switches can be a pain in the ass, but it should be no problem for two of us to activate the locks and get into the Leviathan Underbelly.

It also helps that you can farm the first room of Watchers we find rather than wander all over the understructure looking for targets.

I am digging the changes for the upcoming season.  It looks like the Menagerie / Chalice system allows you to grind for exactly what you want to rather than the extremely shitty Gambit Prime synth system.

Also Sturm / Drang are getting buffed as well as swords.  The ammo increase for swords doesn't really do anything for me.  What I want is for the reward swords for the Red War campaign to be converted to the Forgotten system so that they have two perks and the progressive Masterwork upgrade slot...

I think the changes that I am happiest about are the move of Pursuits from Inventory to the Director, the Apply bug getting fixed, and the Faction catalysts being put into open world, but I am sad that Faction Catalysts aren't coming back with Faction Wars.

I have already resigned myself to the idea that no one will be able to play until late tomorrow evening.  Between the patch and server maintenance prep, it will probably take forever before anyone is able to get online.

Edited by J.T.

Well, fuck.

I totally forgot that I have a HOA meeting tonight and I am on the Traffic Committee for my subdivision so I am going to miss Day One of the new season.

By the time I drive up to MD, go to the meeting, eat diner with the wifey, and get settled for the night, it'll be time for me to get up and head back to VA at four in the morning.

Oh, well.  I have to work 4 to Midnight this weekend so I will at least have Sunday morning to help catch me up on what I do during the rest of the week.

I think my kid and I are going to see Godzilla early Saturday afternoon.  We are choosing not to give a shit about Rotten Tomatoes.

13 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah, I was kinda bummed that the new raid is about rescuing Caius rather than putting a bullet in his head.

I've played through all of the Leviathan raids and know of Caius penchant for misdirection and chicanery, so I don't really accept this Hive invasion plot on face value.

Caius is up to something.

It's the strongest week for the Curse, so it figures that it would happen just as the new season drops.   I'll try to get the usual shit done before next reset, but I figure I'll mostly be focused on the new content, especially getting my hands on an upgraded Quickfang.

It looks like one of the exotics you can get from the new loot system is KHEPRI'S STING~!  MY SHIT HAS RETURNED~!

If it has the same powers as the old exotic, you have to believe that there will be calls from whining warlocks and salty titans to nerf the new Sting just as there were in D1.

All I really want this season is the Graviton Lance catalyst.  Watch it be linked to Heroic Chalice content or Competitive Crucible play.

Edited by J.T.

12 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I need two more Gambit wins to get to the last step of the Malfeasance quest so I might do that first before doing anything else.

So did you do like I did and get your own fucking Army Of One medal or did you benefit from someone else's invasion skills?

Getting those medals isn't that hard if you are up against a bunch of randos.  The hard parts are hording enough heavy to get the job done and going in for the invasion before the portal hog on your team beats you to the punch.

I am happy your OCD is not as bad as mine.  Getting the Mote Thief triumph necessary to finish the Drifter lorebook would drive you to sleeplessness.

Edited by J.T.

I almost assuredly will have to rely on teammates

Mainly because I am not like the douches I kept getting paired with last night who just stand waiting for the portal to activate instead of actually doing anything

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I almost assuredly will have to rely on teammates

Mainly because I am not like the douches I kept getting paired with last night who just stand waiting for the portal to activate instead of actually doing anything

Just invade as you have the opportunity and eventually it will work out.  Just make sure you have enough heavy and use your Super if it is early in the round.

By the time your team does or doesn't summon their Primeval, your Super should be up again.

I really should hit up LFG at some point to find some folks that will help me get my Dance With The Devil emblem for the team doing a 15 mote Block Party.  I've already got the Protect The Runner emblem.

Edited by J.T.

That reminds me - I finally got the "Deposit over half your team's bank" Triumph

I was sure I had had it already but it popped last night during one of the aforementioned matches where 1 guy did no collecting of motes at all.

I mean at least do that shit in Prime where you are decked out in Invader gear - not fucking vanilla Gambit matches

57 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

That reminds me - I finally got the "Deposit over half your team's bank" Triumph

I was sure I had had it already but it popped last night during one of the aforementioned matches where 1 guy did no collecting of motes at all.

I mean at least do that shit in Prime where you are decked out in Invader gear - not fucking vanilla Gambit matches.

If he was in a two-stack, he may have been helping his buddy collect motes or something.  

if he was solo, he may have been working on getting weapon kills for a bounty he was working on.   

You don't need everyone on mote collection to win a Gambit match.  You just need the mote collectors not to drop any motes.

Now if the non-collector on your team didn't help keep the bank clear or protect you from invaders then yes, he played like an idiot.

Edited by J.T.

17 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Now if the non-collector on your team didn't help keep the bank clear or protect you from invaders then yes, he played like an idiot.

This is exactly what it was.

In fact - he didn't really help clear the bank either because I think he was afraid of dying and being dead when the portal opened.

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

In fact - he didn't really help clear the bank either because I think he was afraid of dying and being dead when the portal opened.

So he was the portal hog then.

I take it from your less than stellar review of the match that he was a shitty invader so if he couldn't deny motes or keep the Primeval healed and he didn't clear the bank or gather mote, he didn't do fuck all to help your team win.

He was indeed an idiot.

Since I don't need Army of Ones yet AND I knew were going to lose - I laughed everyone single time I would hear "Your teammate has invaded" to immediately be followed with "Bringing him back"