DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

Yeah I just heard about that Menagerie trick this morning. Don’t know if I will use it just because I don’t have a ton of runes yet so I want to be a little more intentional 

In a first - had a full team drop a match. We dropped in and my team instantly won because there was no opponent 

It clearly had to be a full fire team - the only thing I can think of is that they didn't mean to play Mayhem and bailed as soon as it let them

I rode a five match win streak in Gambit Prime this morning to finish my Invader Helmet bounty and the GP Wins bounty.  I also knocked out the Do It bounty that counts up wins in Gambit and Gambit Prime.

Since all of them were Weekly Bounties, they counted towards the Season 7:  Rituals triumph and I unlocked this season's Gambit emblem.

Two of the matches I was in were the worst ones I've ever competed in.  In both matches, our team got some AFK asshole that never moved from the places he respawned after he died, but the other team had it worse since they had a guy that just stayed in spawn and did the Sad Trombone emote. 

My teams won both matches but neither team destroyed their Primeval before time expired.

Yeah, it was THAT bad.

I messaged everyone on both teams after the matches and we all collectively reported those two assholes. 

The next three matches were pretty competitive and I lucked out and got on the sweatier teams.  My invasions weren't great, but I did enough to keep us ahead to win all three.  I hit the Reckoning after that, but I got another set of Invader boots for my mote.  I still need vests for my Invader and Sentry armor sets.

I'll probably grind out some more Vanilla Gambit matches tomorrow morning because I am close to completing the Season 7:   Engagements triumph and I will unlock the two new Gambit shaders.   I could also stand to get some more progress in on the Hush bounty.

The Gambit Steel shader looks a little better on Gambit weapons than the shitty Gambit Chrome shader, so I will finally have a Legendary Shader on my Gambit guns that doesn't look like crap.

I'll toss the Gambit Blackguard shader on all of my GP armor pieces.

I'll play just enough Crucible to finish this Gambit Prime Public Service bounty and then chase the Strongest Curse week Ascendant Chests and see what the Menagerie is all about.

I am so far behind in infusions that it isn't funny.  I have at least five pieces of 720+ gear in my character inventory.  I need cores badly.

Oh, and the grind of the Graviton Lance catalyst continues.  I've got the kills part done, so now I am farming Cosmology kills in Trostland when the enemies advance on each other.

Fighting Lion continues to serve me well when I am grinding strikes for the Wendigo bounty.

And finally, I am happy to announce that I am the proud owner of a Horror's Least pulse rifle but I am sad to say that getting one as your special reward for the Nightfall version of The Corrupted is NOT a Dreaming City secret triumph.  On the plus side, this girl player put me on her Friend's List after we one phased Sedia and got the Relic Rumble triumph for her.

Her shriek of joy nearly blew my eardrums out.

Edited by J.T.

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I was one second away from an Army of One

I am lucky that my TV is still in one piece

Now you know how I felt when I one mote away from getting the Mote Thief triumph and got ported back steps away from collecting my third mote.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

I am so far behind in infusions that it isn't funny.  I have at least five pieces of 720+ gear in my character inventory.  I need cores badly.

You are remembering to do Banshee-44's bounties right? 

14 minutes ago, Eivion said:

You are remembering to do Banshee-44's bounties right? 

Who do you think you're talking to?  My game related OCD is legendary.

Of course, I'm doing those bounties, man!  That's the reason I'm sitting on a stack of fifty mod components right now.

Edited by J.T.

4 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Who do you think you're talking to?  My game related OCD is legendary.

Of course, I'm doing those bounties, man!  That's the reason I'm sitting on a stack of fifty mod components right now.

Then how aren't you good to infuse already? 

8 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Then how aren't you good to infuse already? 

I infuse as I get cores, so I am always running out because I have a shit ton of guns and almost a complete set of every kind of Gambit Prime armor in addition to a complete set of the upgraded Armor of Optimacy.

I even do Spider's weekly Wanted bounties that give cores as the reward.

Edited by J.T.

17 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I infuse as I get cores, so I am always running out because I have a shit ton of guns and almost a complete set of every kind of Gambit Prime armor in addition to a complete set of the upgraded Armor of Optimacy.

I even do Spider's weekly Wanted bounties that give cores as the reward.

Ah, so you do what I do. I try not to infuse everything, but I do get a little overboard with it and run out as a result. I have only six cores because of everything I just finished up doing the last minute for today's bounties and some lucky armor breakdowns. If not for that I'd have either one or none.

Edited by Eivion

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

Ah, so you do what I do. I try not to infuse everything, but I do get a little overboard with it and run out as a result. I have only six cores because of everything I just finished up doing the last minute for today's bounties and some lucky armor breakdowns. If not for that I'd have either one or none.

That sounds about right.

44 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I just got weaseled out of a Gambit match where I had at least 9 or 10 invader kills.

This disc is about to be snapped over my knee

Take a deep breath and meditate on how happy you'll be after you get your fifth Valor rollover and start shooting people with your shiny new Redrix's Broadsword pulse rifle.

I will be embarking on my own quest of pain once I get these sniper rifle headshots down and start grinding towards Fabled Glory in Comp play for my Recluse and Revoker.

Edited by J.T.

When I was finally able to load back in I was able to check that I got credit toward my 25 so that eased the rage some

The servers are shitty tonight so who knows how much I will be able to get done

14 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

When I was finally able to load back in I was able to check that I got credit toward my 25 so that eased the rage some

The servers are shitty tonight so who knows how much I will be able to get done

Well that sucks because I was hoping to get in enough Gambit when I got home from work to top off the motes & kills I needed for the Season 7: Engagements triumph in the Gambit queue.

Oh, well.  Looks like I will just take a shower and go straight to bed after I am done on shift tonight.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

It seems to have stabilized since I was able to run a strike no problem

I stopped drinking coffee an hour ago.  I'll be nice and burned out by the time I get to the crib.

I should pass out shortly after I get home from work and get something to eat.

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I got my Army of One this morning and I think I woke up my whole building with my yelling.

If you thought that yelling was loud, wait until you get the Mote Thief triumph.

I think I am getting the hang of how this stupid Chalice works.  Now I just have to find the recipe for Goldtusk aka Quickfang 2.0.

Getting PvP sniper kills and headshots is going painfully slow.  Everyone is trying to snipe at the same time, so there aren't too many people to watch your back when you are trying to sight down and snipers only taking green ammo does not help.

In five matches I think I have a total of 17 sniper kills and 9 of those kills were headshots.   It's going to take forever to finish that shit and by then I'll probably be committed to the double Revoker / Reculse double grind.

I am off tomorrow, so I plan on finishing the last set of Ascendant Chests and then I will try to get sniper headshots in PvP until I get frustrated and then I will grind Hush or the Wendigo a little more.

Edited by J.T.

The only combo that I can actually do right now is for the new version of Calus Mini-Tool just because I haven't unlocked red runes yet.

I think - THINK - I will have enough Imperials after the next Menagerie run but I am not sure

Yeah, I need to get hip to the best way to farm Imperials.  This weekly bounty shit isn't doing it for me.

On a more positive note, I've gotten a triumph in each of my Menagerie runs.  One unlocked when everyone in the six man took turn lighting lamps and the other unlocked when everyone on the team survived one lap of the Gauntlet.

I've run the Gauntlet so many times in the Leviathan raid that it is unbelievable.  I knew the course by heart.  I can make two laps, but the third one where the torches are fucking everywhere is going to take some light grinding and masterwork armor.

14 minutes ago, J.T. said:

On a more positive note, I've gotten a triumph in each of my Menagerie runs.  One unlocked when everyone in the six man took turn lighting lamps and the other unlocked when everyone on the team survived one lap of the Gauntlet.

What's funny about the Gauntlet one is I actually got it while I was dead

I died right as I finished reviving a guy and at that moment everyone was sent into the Gauntlet.

So as I waited out the respawn timer - everyone did one lap and I got the triumph.

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

What's funny about the Gauntlet one is I actually got it while I was dead

I died right as I finished reviving a guy and at that moment everyone was sent into the Gauntlet.

So as I waited out the respawn timer - everyone did one lap and I got the triumph.

Yeah, I think that is a known glitch.  I've seen reports where players die just as the Gauntlet starts so they don't count as runners and as long as they don't respawn before the other players complete the lap, they will get the Chariots of Fire triumph without having run the lap themselves.