DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

OH! I should mention I was roughly 742 when doing my matches and I was at level or above most people. In fact I don't think I saw a single 750. (Powerful rewards are dropping at 750 now for me now so I just need good RNG luck)

One fucker - who of course got put on my team - was running at 362

I hate him so much

I'm also getting 750 Powerful Gear drops, so EC bounties are now more crucial than ever..

42 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Did one Menagerie run and we were efficient as fuck - so I got the "secret" Triumph (which really isn't that hard)

I unlocked the third Chalice slot and got an Austringer.

Yeah. I need to run Menagerie as least once this week to get the Triumph for beating the boss.

I could also stand to get an Austringer with really good perks since I've seen a lot of guys getting two-tapped with them in the Crucible lately.  I've got two of the four Imperial Chests bounties done for the week, so I am sitting on a pile of a little over 4K Imperials.

2K more and I can start slotting Blue runes.

Oh, and you can complete the Imperial Bounty for completing Gambit Daily Bounties without even playing Gambit if you do the Gambit Prime Public Service bounties (ie. the ones you can do for extra synths).  

There are four a day (one per GP specialty) and I knocked them all out while running around doing other shit and to my surprise, I only had to complete two of yesterday's Gambit DB's to put me over the bonus.

40 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

One fucker - who of course got put on my team - was running at 362

I hate him so much

Last season, I was in a match where the other side had a two-man fire team of sub 200's.

I targeted them every chance I could.

When we were in hyperspace heading to the match, I silently prayed to God that I wouldn't see any of the shitty intro jumpships in our attack squadron and for once, Matchmaking had pity on me.

Edited by J.T.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

It isn't hard at all.

You do have to pick them up one at a time from Saladin

Here they are

In goes in order - I completed the first one last night (I played 10 matches since there is an Eververse bounty for doing 10 Crucible matches)

I also completed two of the IB bounties too already (along with one map)

So what you're saying is that if for some reason I don't finish the quest line this time around, I should not abandon it.

That sucks, because I really hate shit just sitting in my Pursuits queue. One day I will be brave and get two poor souls to drag me through Zero Hour.

Edited by J.T.

9 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

One would assume that what ever you don't finish would pick up the next time IB returns but they haven't expressly said that yet.

Yeah, I don't really trust things to work the way Bungie says they should.

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I just realized that Solstice of Heroes is starting the week of my vacation.

It is sad how excited I am by that

*sigh*

Time for me to get serious about getting at least one raid completion for Last Wish, Scourge, and Crown of Sorrows.

I really don't give a shit about Spire of Stars, but I will give it a go if a Solstice triumph hangs in the balance.

Edited by J.T.

As a team, earn points by defeating enemies in Iron Banner using Auto Rifles, Fusion Rifles, Scout Rifles, Sniper Rifles, and Swords. Available only during Season of Opulence.

Hmm.  I see what you did here.  NO PULSE RIFLES~!

Actually, that bounty avoids nearly all of the weapon classes of the new meta like Hand Cannons, Pulse Rifles, Rocket Launchers, Grenade Launchers, and Machine Guns. 

I may have to head to the Menagerie to make myself a Beloved and then use it with my Night Watch scoutie when this quest step bounty rolls around.

Edited by J.T.

I've done a lot of IB the last twelve hours. Seeing that I don't exactly love Crucible these current IB quest for armor annoy the shit out of me. I've gotten two steps out of the way, but these require way too many damn matches. On the positive side this might be the first time I end up completing all of the IB bounties with 4 already out of the way and the other 3 halfway complete.

I did finally complete the pinnacle weapon quest for Vanguard from last season. So far I quite like the scout rifle you gain, at least I like it for Crucible. Honestly if those armor quest steps weren't separated I probably would be nearly done with the rifle portion from it alone.

I'm at the 3 Nightfalls/rocket launcher segments of Truth. I suppose I will need to hit up LFG sometime in the middle of all of this IB bs to complete those steps.

Got the Drang from Menagerie yesterday. I find it decent for Crucible/IB. I may have accidentally completed the secret triumph. I know I found 3 lore pieces completed when I only recall seeing two of them during the match. That shot me far along in imperials. With all the IB I've done today I've managed to finally unlock blue runes for the Chalice. Thinking next Menagerie run I will go for one of the armors.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

I have embraced the evil that is using the MW Graviton Lance in the Crucible. 

I got three successive Double Kills last night, essentially wiping the entire enemy team.  If they'd been standing closer together, I'd have gotten a Slayer medal or higher.

I made three Orbs on weapon kills alone to fuel Rippa's super.

Also, the sniper kills are beginning to trickle in.  If I put in a little work from now until Sunday, I should be able to put a decent dent in the Reckoner bounty.  One guy and I traded sniper bullets and domed each other from either side of the Retribution map.  I wish I had made a video of it.

I love Iron Banner time so much.

Edited by J.T.

12 hours ago, Eivion said:

I'm at the 3 Nightfalls/rocket launcher segments of Truth. I suppose I will need to hit up LFG sometime in the middle of all of this IB bs to complete those steps.

If you build it, they will come.  Just remember that you need at least a 100 handicap.

And you only need one other person for the Nightfalls.  Rippa and I two-manned ours.  Set the card up for your favorite singe and Heavyweight and just go to Pound Town.  Just remember to set a singe that won't get you wiped out.   

Never use the singe that the final boss also uses.  Solar singe for something like Warden of Nothing or Pyramidion is an extremely BAD idea.

Most importantly, remember that you don't have to do a Nightfall version of Warden of Nothing for the last step.   Do the normal version of the strike.  Most likely, you will get paired up with guys who also need to do the Truth quest and they will start hitting switches ahead of you.

Make sure to drink your Queensfoil when the strike starts since weird things happen when you try to use Consumables when you are in orbit.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

I finished Cimmerian Garrison with no deaths but I wasn't fast enough to get a speed run in.  I'm happy to finally be able to solo the ACs without dying, but now I need to learn some time shaving strats. 

As much as I think that a partner or a whole fireteam might help save time, they may also slow me down of they can't get to the boss without falling to their doom like five or six times.

I'm guessing that I spent too much time clearing and maybe should've pushed to the objective, but not clearing shit will get you killed quickly no matter what your Light is.  

I think I will try running Nightstalker / Pathfinder and maybe use Vanish In Smoke to help me get past the adds and possibly save me a few seconds.

I could probably use Moebius Quiver and Prospector to nuke the last boss for this challenge, but I hate using Supers with a jump in the wind-up on those AC's where the boss is on some tiny island in the middle of outer space. 

I damn near fell to my death while trying to kill the boss last night because I used Blade Barrage and the wind-up animation made me jump up and to the left.   If I hadn't been wearing ST0MP335's and wasn't able to double pump my jump, I probably would've died and then rage quit for the afternoon.

Edited by J.T.

Here are the changes to Eververse they will be making when Shadowkeep comes out

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/47935

This is the big one (and the one that almost everyone I have seen likes)

As of this September, all Eververse armor is being converted into Universal Ornaments. These Universal Ornaments can be applied to all of the Legendary armor sets we’re releasing this Fall. They override the look of your equipped gear while preserving the perks, mods, and stats of the original item. 

Any Eververse Armor you have acquired in your Collections will have its Universal Ornaments automatically unlocked for use on new Legendary armor. For example, if the song in your heart is to have your Titan roll with the 2018 Tin Man-esque Festival of the Lost Helmet, you can put it on any of the new Legendary armor coming to the game this fall. 

EDIT

I should have waited till I finished the story. The TL:DR version from Bungie

On September 17, 2019: 
All Eververse armor (new and armor you’ve already acquired!) is being converted into Universal Ornaments
Universal Ornaments can be attached to any newly acquired Legendary armor
Bright Dust is going to come from doing bounties, not dismantling things you spent money on
Eververse items can now be pulled from your Collections with Glimmer/Legendary Shards instead of Bright Dust

Before September 17, 2019:
Dismantle all of your unused Eververse items to maximize your Bright Dust reserves 

I like the change, but I don't see why cosmetic stuff from Eververse needed that much attention.

If the REALLY wanted to make a change to vanity items that made me happy, they'd let Amanda every available free Exotic jumpship and Sparrow for the current Season for Bright Dust.  

I hate the catch as catch can Bright Engram bullshit and I'm not spending real money for Silver for something I can get for free if I just keep playing.  

The Shards of Galinor ornament that was for sale last week for 500 Silver is now available for Bright Dust purchase, so that's why I am in no hurry to snatch up the cool DARCI and MIDA ornaments that Tess currently has for sale with Silver.

I didn't mind burning five bucks for my Whisper ornament or the Black Peregrine jumpship since those items were only available for Silver purchase.

I need to play some Gambit Prime to get Banshee's Field Calibration bounty done as well as my GP Wins weekly bounty.  I'll also try to get in some Reckoning to keep those Joker's Wild items rolling in. 

Vanilla Gambit will get done when it get's done.... or not if I am busy with other shit like the Menagerie run I REALLY need to make before next Reset.

I am SOOOOOO close to being able to set Blue Runes into my Chalice.

@RIPPA I should be ready to roll with some more IB by the time you get online tonight.

Edited by J.T.

Lets get the watcher lenses first since that should be like 5 minutes

By the time I get home and eat something - it will probably be 8 when I get on.

And - while not tonight - we really need to do Zero Hero (all the runs I watch now post nerf say you need Jotuun. That weapon is so my nemesis)

I am a horrible platformer, so we need to find someone patient that knows the path if we're going to do Zero Hour.

I am sure I will be the weakest link in that chain even with ST0MPEE5s.

And I am good for tracking down Watcher lenses.  Once we get the door open to the Underbelly, we just need to find a room where they spawn so you can do your kill rinse repeat thing until you're done.

Edited by J.T.

Oh, Holy Shit.  How did I forget to rant about Shepherds Wolf; the world's worst PvP Titan.  

How in the fuck do you have a Revoker AND a MW Luna's Howl and suck so badly, dude, ??  We're not supposed to get mercied with a player on our team with that kind of arsenal!  WHAT THE ABSOLUTE FUCK~? 

WERE YOU AFK THE ENTIRE TIME OR DO YOU JUST BLOW CHUNKS AT PVP~????

You had a 0.33 ER and you were over 740 LL.  WITH PINNACLE WEAPONS~!  AND A FUCKING ONE-EYED MASK~!!  IN THE FUCKING IRON BANNER~!!!!

I should sue you for false advertising, you no bullet firing gimp.

Despite our team getting fucking mercied, I nearly had a 2.0 and I was the top killer on our team!  WITH A GRAVITON LANCE AND A SNIPER RIFLE~!

MEANWHILE, YOU HAD THE DOUCHE-IEST OF DOUCHEBAG LOAD-OUTS AND YOU COULDN'T EVEN FINISH POSITIVE~!  MATTER OF FACT YOU FINISIHED DEAD LAST~!   WITH A FUCKING LUNA'S FUCKING HOWL, BRO~!  WHO DOES THAT~???

Obviously you paid someone to log onto your account and do the work for you.  That is the only thing that explains your shit play in the Crucible..

The thing I hate worst about that match is that Saladin called it so quickly.  I didn't even get a chance to pop my Super so that could at least say that I left everything out on the field. 

Fucking Shepherds Wolf, I swear.

Edited by J.T.

So, apparently the Swarm of the Raven grenade launcher is a fucking boss melter of the highest order.

I always find these weapon analysis vids to be very interesting and annoying at the same time.  I love the grinding of numbers, but this shit also promotes needless meta.  This is why you have dozens of assholes running around with LOW's in the IB today because someone like Mr. Fruit is all THIS SHIT IS BROKEN, I GOT A BAJILLION KILLS~!

Of course they never say whether or not they're legit playing Crucible or are in a Private Match and have their engagements set up so that their buddies job to bullets to make the content guy look like a million bucks, but I digress.

The baseline for what makes one weapon better than another always seems to be Pure DPS, but most of these vids seem to hate on the new Wendigo and yet they don't seem to be using the Wendigo as it was designed to be used.

1. You don't just open fire with the Wendigo without stacking the Exploding Light perk first.   That's the trait that makes the Wendigo uber lethal.
  2. In order to maximize DPS for the Swarm, it needs to have Spike Grenades.   Spike Grenades only do max damage on a direct hit.  The Wendigo has Blinding Grenades.   It is a weapon that handles both damage AND crowd control.   
  3. Swarm is undeniably the best boss melter when synergized with Tractor Cannon.  However, both weapons are heavies, so in order for your Swarm to do beastly damage to that Primeval, some other schmuck has to go charging in with his Boop Cannon and (MASS EFFECT TERMINOLOGY~!) prime a target for your detonation.  The effectiveness of YOUR load-out depends on how smart someone else is with THEIR load-out.  Good luck with that shit.  Tell me if it works out or not.

So ultimately, I feel that there is unfair criticism levied against the Wendigo for not being good in situations that it isn't designed to excel.  So (SURPRISE~!) the weapon doesn't do dick when it is not used in a manner where it benefits from its perks.

So don't shred your Wendigo just yet.

Don't get me wrong.  If I get a really good roll on a Swarm, I'm very likely to keep it, but I am not going to weep over it if the IB comes and goes and I don't have what the community feels to be a God Roll.

Edited by J.T.

10 minutes ago, J.T. said:

So don't shred your Wendigo just yet.

Reminder - most people aren't like you and use more than like 30 slots in their vault

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Reminder - most people aren't like you and use more than like 30 slots in their vault

HOARDERS~!

if you are going to fall for the okie doke meta and buy into the This Gun Is Better bullshit, why are you going to store the weapon that "sucks" in your vault.

Shred it for the materials and upgrade shit that you're actually going to use, namely the gun that is supposed to be better than the one you had?

Edited by J.T.

Because I have 500 slots and I can't get back items from Year 2 because Bungie is stupid

There is a difference between an item you can get in random drops as opposed to a pinnacle weapon

• Like 1