DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

13 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Make sense because of all the pulse rifle kills I had to get.

Redrix's Broadsword would be worth it if it weren't for the time consuming Valor grinding.

Don't be fooled though.  Luna's grind may look simple on paper but as you approach Fabled, losing streaks are very punishing to your rank.  It can be infuriating if you hit the wall and become streaky with wins and losses.

IMO Bungie needs to patch the Broadsword quest so that everything is Valor related.  Luna's Howl can be unforgiving but at least everything you do can potentially bump up your Glory rank.

The problem with suggesting a mild nerf to the stips is that there are dudes running around with Broadswords, so the quest is doable IF you commit yourself.

Me?  I don't have that kind of fucking time to devote to one game mode over the others, so fuck PvP pinnacle weapons. Griding Clan XP and keeping pace with Season triumphs doesn't leave me time to grind weeks and weeks of Valor, much less find opportunities to learn the raids that I still haven't done and now there is a exotic weapon quest messing with my OCD.

Edited by J.T.

I already have one reset this season - and I should get a second reset this weekend (especially now that I am playing on my Warlock now)

Missing a large chunk of next week is gonna bone me though

This also reminds me - I have seen more than a few people flat out admit that for the Rumble part they will just load in an go AFK for the whole match.

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

This also reminds me - I have seen more than a few people flat out admit that for the Rumble part they will just load in an go AFK for the whole match.

Those people don't give a shit about ER or wins.  ER can be put aside, I suppose, but wins modify your rank-up points.

The biggest hurdle of the Broadsword quest is the Valor rollover.  You need to get as many wins as you can to maximize rep.

If you get hot during the IB on Double Valor or Triple Valor time, you can get two or three rollovers in a week.

Victory matters.

Edited by J.T.

I am going to assume Double/Triple Valor will be during IB week which is my jam anyway

In a perfect world - they will line it up with Memorial Day weekend

15 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am going to assume Double/Triple Valor will be during IB week which is my jam anyway

In a perfect world - they will line it up with Memorial Day weekend

Yeah, I love IB time.  It's about the only PvP event where I seem to play consistently well.

And is it ironic or stupid that the Luna's Howl / NF nerf will hit just in time for the alleged return of the Hawkmoon?

Will Bungie kill the interest in completing the Howl quest by making the Hawkmoon exotic quest comparatively easier?

With my luck, Bungie will make the Hawkmoon quest even harder than the Howl.  

Step One: Get 1000 hand cannon headshots in Comp play with the Allegro-34 blue hand cannon.

Edited by J.T.

Evade's guide makes me laugh even more.

Continuing to say "Things should be perfectly fine!" as reassurance just reminds me of.

There should be a drinking game associated with Evade's video.  Whenever you hear the words "easy", "perfectly fine", or "Guardian down" you should have to take a shot.

Edited by J.T.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Datto posted their first attempt at doing it and it is giving me a good laugh

it is comforting to watch them struggle with it.  It makes me feel not quite so shitty and that If I do it enough times and become more familiar with the layout, eventually I can beat the mission.

But do I want to put myself through that?  This is the question.

Edited by J.T.

I think I can do the regular pass through (especially knowing where to go)

The blind jump alone in the run for the catalyst probably would fuck me

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I think I can do the regular pass through (especially knowing where to go)

The blind jump alone in the run for the catalyst probably would fuck me

Normally, that would be the time where I put on Quickfang and used it as a weapon so that I could see from third person perspective and get a better sense of where to land my blind jump.. 

That is usually how I cheat the open world jumping puzzle when I am hunting fetchits like ascendant puzzle chests or Ahamkara bones.

I wouldn't do it in an AC or in this because you lose almost all of your ammo when you swap weapons.

Edited by J.T.

Well, nearly every asshole in the world is packing the new Outbreak in the Crucible.

It's not nearly as lethal as a Luna's Howl if it is run by a solo player, but the nano-bot perk gives it the annoying quality of granting team shooters a ridiculously short TTK time since the more times you get hit by bullets from that particular gun, the more damage you take from subsequent shots.

It's the same principle as the Malfeasance shadow bullets, but they work really well on just about anything you shoot and you're using a pulse rifle so the base stats are higher than what they would be for a hand cannon.

I ran into a few Gambit invaders using it, but it didn't seem any more effective than any other exotic primary used in Gambit.  TBH, Arbalest invaders have given me more fits lately than Outbreak invaders, especially in Gambit Prime.

If I had an Outbreak, I wouldn't use it over Malfeasance in Gambit because Malfeasance's perks are better suited for Gambit than just about any other weapon.  Both Malfeasance and Thorn are remarkably good Primeval killers compared to other weapons.

Speaking of Thorn, I am nearly done with the Crucible part of Mark of the Devourer, thank God.  I am getting better at using Thorn in PvP, but just about every other weapon in the game has a range advantage over Thorn and I hate getting two bursted by Bygones / Blast Furnace / Go Figure users while I am trying to get in range to use Thorn.

I suppose since nearly everyone else has an Outbreak, I may as well go for mine.  I'll try again sometime next week after the Tuesday reset.  I've got ST0MP-E55s for the jumps and a Hard Light for barrier damage.  I just need to get more experience with running the route and eventually I should crack the code.

I seriously doubt I'll get much gameplay over the next four days since the boo and I are trying to get the final things done that we need to do for the trip to Jamaica in late June.

I also have a shit ton of yard work to do... in my own yard for a change.

Edited by J.T.

13 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Season of Opulence is starting June 4

I'm done with every Season 6 time window triumph save the ones with Glory involved that I wasn't planning on doing anyway.

11 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

And of course IB and Increased Valor is next fucking week.

I wouldn't be too broken up about it, unless you're on the part of the Redrix quest that's counting the Valor rollovers.

If you're still struggling with Comp / Rumble / Quickplay matches, you probably won't get in enough IB matches to get you to the Valor finish line before the end of the season.

Unless they do like they did last season and grant bonus Valor AND Infamy on the final week.

Has Bungie ever had a bonus Glory period?  I want to say, "No."

Edited by J.T.

Oh, I completed the Cimmerian Garrison AC last night, but I brain farted.  I used my super when I shouldn't have and I failed to kill the boss fast enough to get a speed run completion.

I think I have all of the eggs and bones lore from the ACs, but I will keep on doing them for the extra stuff.  

Hooked my internet and TV back up last night just to realize that I didn’t really have anything to do.

Did my weekly strikes and then unhooked everything.

Will do the dance again tonight I guess to IB. Did collect all the nodes so if the opportunity to do Outbreak arises I will give that a shot (all the solo runs I have seen involve using Whisper so I am boned there)

11 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Hooked my internet and TV back up last night just to realize that I didn’t really have anything to do.

Did my weekly strikes and then unhooked everything.

Will do the dance again tonight I guess to IB. Did collect all the nodes so if the opportunity to do Outbreak arises I will give that a shot (all the solo runs I have seen involve using Whisper so I am boned there)

Most solo runs usually involve Whisper because it grants extra crit damage, but the small reserve ammo size makes it a less than ideal weapon for this scenario. 

The guys running solo with Whisper almost certainly have Whispers with fully ground catalysts and they most certainly did not do that shit on their own.

You don't really need a Whisper for the Outbreak run.  The key is dealing with the combat section fast enough give yourself time to muddle through the platforming and the Arbalest, Riskrunner, Borealis, and Hard Light are probably the best tools for this job.

And, duh, it helps when everyone on the fireteam is above 690.  Nothing nukes mission timers quite like attempts to carry a low light through mission where even the ash and trash can one shot him.

Edited by J.T.

I don't know what the perk is so it could be the catalyst for Whisper but they definitely had something that would keep giving them ammo in bursts of three.

Like you can watch the ammo drop and it would hit zero and you would see a little +3 pop up to give them three more ammo.

Also - and this might be more important - I haven't seen a single big ass Titan solo run yet.

12 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I don't know what the perk is so it could be the catalyst for Whisper but they definitely had something that would keep giving them ammo in bursts of three.

That's the White Nail perk kicking in.  If you hit three precision shots in a short period of time, you get all of your ammo back.

I used Whisper all the time on the Spider Tank boss in Bergusia Forge.  The spawn in point makes for an excellent sniper nest and you can land crit after crit on the legs and venting power core without losing any ammo.

Even with the ammo-back perk, most causal players who have a Whisper probably haven't bothered to get the catalyst, so they don't have the ammo reserves to warrant using this weapon in Code Zero.

A good machine gun with a Boss Spec mod or a rocket launcher with Cluster Bombs and a Major Spec mod are probably better Heavy Weapon choices for this mission.

12 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Also - and this might be more important - I haven't seen a single big ass Titan solo run yet.

I find this very surprising since jumping puzzle runs in this game are best suited for Warlocks and Titans.  Dunemarchers can help Titans navigate the map, but they can make the run without burning an exotic slot for enhanced platforming ability.

STOMP-E55s are almost mandatory for Hunters when running Code Zero and even if Hunters are wearing this item, it is still a good idea to let Warlocks fly ahead or allow Titans to catapult forward to flip the switches so that Hunters can follow the easier paths and maybe not die as they try to stick landings on narrow ass ledges.

Edited by J.T.