DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

38 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am kicking myself for not seeing if Forest kills would have counted for the Invitation

In theory they should, but I wouldn't be surprised if Hive kills in the Verdant Forest would be broken for the Invitation.

Speaking of which, AFAIK this week's Invitation is still bugged.  I bought it and finished everything save the Vex samples in the hope that the bounty would be fixed before Tuesday's hard reset, but that is looking less likely by the minute.

Edited by J.T.

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I got Insight Terminus today when playing as my Warlock

I legit forgot that strike existed

I haven't forgotten.  I couldn't get anyone to respond to my Pyramidion LFG to help grind the Siege Engine triumph a couple of weeks ago because everyone and their brother tried to farm The Long Goodbye sniper rifle.

I've started stockpiling Invader Synths for the suit of armor I will eventually build.  I am not looking forward to doing the Helmet bounty and ruining my team's chances for a win in Gambit Prime because I am hogging the portal every chance I get and (with my luck) getting smoked as soon as I enter the other team's side of the field while trying to get kills with Thorn for Mark of the Devourer credit.

Speaking of which, now that I have completed the Revelry Competitive triumph and am done with all Revelry triumphs in general, I will stupidly go back to using Thorn in the Crucible because Mark of the Devourer triumph and OCD.

I say stupidly because the cheapness of The Colony meta got me sooooo many match winning kills during the IB this past week and now I am switching up my successful load-out and giving up my exotic slot to a weapon that I have been garbage with in the past all for the sake of a triumph.

However, at least I am smart enough to continue using Shinobu's Vow and engage in the wonderful grenade spam meta that has also earned me a lot of Crucible kills during this event.  Despite the EXTREMELY toxic meta in the Crucible these days thanks to the game breaking purple drank, I haven't had this much fun in PvP in ages.. 

I feel like I am a gorilla in a zoo enclosure with other gorillas and we're all flinging poop at each other.

Edited by J.T.

I was going to try to get in some more IB murder after I got to the crib when my shift is over, but I am pretty tired and will probably crash as soon as I get to 'rents hizzous.

I'll hit the IB one last time tomorrow morning before I go get my car from the shop.  Fucking brake jobs cost a small fortune.

Edited by J.T.

Did not end up playing this weekend so I did as much IB as I could before the reset. Only ended up finishing two bounties. Will say that one fo my matches gave me the ridiculous 11.0 efficiency again. Still not sure how the hell that happens though I suspect it has something to do with the match being a slaughter and me managing to murder 9-10 guardians before my first and maybe only death that match. Revelry makes IB and Crucible so damn ridiculous but kind of fun as well.

Outside of finishing the Crucible orbs triumph - I think my plan for the week is to take advantage of the Revelry bonus and run through some of these random missions I have had sitting in my queue for awhile.

I mean the number of times I have run the Corrupted strike already, you would have thought that I would have done the special version for the Drifter already...

9 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I mean the number of times I have run the Corrupted strike already, you would have thought that I would have done the special version for the Drifter already...

Speaking of The Corrupted, around lunchtime I got into a 100K Nightfall group and not only did we knock out the score out of the frame (180K+) for the 50K secret triumph, we also one-phased the boss and got the secret Relic Rumble triumph.

I think the host ran Void Singe / Blackout / Extinguish / Famine on his card.

Grenade spam via the Revelry Fizzy Drink made a huge difference in controlling adds since we weren't running Match Game.  I am not a big fan of Blackout, though, especially in a strike where the Taken are the enemy.

The conventional wisdom for getting that triumph is to have two Hunters running Gunslinger / Celestial Nighthawk, but we did her in with me running tethers followed by Sentinel Shield Spam and a beast Nova Bomb from our Voidwalker running the Dire Ahamkara Skull.

I also added in a timely salvo from my Boss Spec modded Bad Omens rocket launcher just as the Nova Bomb hit.

I didn't get a Horror's Least pulse rifle, but the two randos I was with did and that was good enough for me.

Hollowed Lair is up this week, so I have to find a group that can get me over the Arc Avoidance hurdle.

I think the Invitation of the Nine bounty is still bugged and I don't think the devs have any intention of fixing it before Friday.  I guess that just gives stragglers a week to catch up.

Scrapper Bounties can pop up at the most annoying times.  Right after I finished the Nightfall I got an Into The Fray bounty with Control stips while shredding blues.  I rarely pass up Enhancement Core opportunities, so I went to the IB lobby and got into a match.  I manage to get my caps and zone control done in one run and I also scored a few Thorn kills.

Ultimately, my team lost the match because folks went retarded at the end of the match and forgot how to cap and defend.  My match ER was a mildly disappointing 1.4 ER, but at least I got the bounty done. 

When I shredded my crap blues from the IB match, I got second fucking Into the Fray bounty with Control stips so I went into another match because Enhancement Cores.  Thankfully I was on the sweatier team this time around.  We got a win, I finished the bounty in one go, put in a little more work with Thorn, and finished the match with close to a 2.0 ER.

I think that Lockdown is the featured PvP mode this week.  I will probably play a few matches to get some familiarity with the game mechanics and then zerg Quickplay.  Lockdown is probably 4x4 and should be even more toxic than Quickplay thanks to the Revelry Grenade Spam meta.

Edited by J.T.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

That’s good to know that Relic Rumble has been patched because I know it was bugged for the longest time

The triumph is patched but Sedia is bugged.  When we one phased her, the mission ended but Evil Sedia somehow came back to life with two health gates and her damage immunity shield in place and she began peppering us with space magic just as the reward chest spawned.

Evil Sedia despawned once Good Sedia portaled in at the conclusion of strike and then we grabbed our loot.

Brakion has a similar bug.  If you knock off too many health gates before he shields himself, he can wander around the map headless and immune to damage unless you go through the whole shield deactivation dealie.

Which is hard because he can blunder into you while you are trying to activate the pressure plate and boop stomp you off the grid and to your death..

When the bug shows it's ugly head, one member of the fireteam usually has to get his agro and lead him away from the other two members who are trying to get to the pressure plates.  I have had to be the decoy before.  it is zero fun.

Whenever you try to get a quick melt on a health gate boss, you nearly always encounter some sort of bug because that's not the way they designed the encounter to end, so I have no idea why Bungie would tie one of the hardest NIghtfalls to run with a quick boss melt triumph. 

It's hard enough as it is just getting to Sedia with enough time on the clock to nuke her and preserve your score.

Edited by J.T.

20 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I love Brakion just because it has so many quotable lines.

Heck - even my wife will yell “AND IT IS NOT A METAPHOR!!!!”

My favorite is:

Asher.  The central neuro terminus!  You're at Brakion's doorstep!

Ikora: (badass) Inform the Genesis Mind that it has guests.

Oh, and "Impossible.  IMPOSSIBLE~!" and Bungie's tribute to rage quitters when Ikora jokes about Asher possibly losing contact with your fireteam because he lost his temper and broke his microphone.

Edited by J.T.

I am not sure, but I think I have gotten the eggs and lore bones from this week's AC.  I cannot check my D2 Companion App on my phone because the cell signal is pretty blah on this end of the base.

I don't think I have a speed run completion, so I will probably end up doing it anyway 

Finally defeated a Level 7 EP boss

Of course didn't get the Triumph because I joined on Wave 6.

That being said - I am fairly positive it will happen this week since FP is on Mars AND the Revelry bonus is still happening

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Finally defeated a Level 7 EP boss

Of course didn't get the Triumph because I joined on Wave 6.

That being said - I am fairly positive it will happen this week since FP is on Mars AND the Revelry bonus is still happening.

Yeah, some people can't even get their Heroic PEs in because dudes are constantly starting EPs.  I hate Flashpoints on Mars almost as much as the ones on Mercury, so I may sit that shit out this week.

And yup.  I've already gotten the eggs and lore for this week's AC.  Since Truth To Power lore only unlocks on the strongest week of the Curse, I don't really need to grind any bounties for Petra this week.

Edited by J.T.

At least EPs count toward public events bounties, etc... You don't fucking get that on Mercury

Maybe just maybe - I will finally get that node I have yet to be assigned

I reeled off wins in the Crucible, Vanilla Gambit, and Gambit Prime before dropping two GP matches in a row.  

The Control match was really fun... at least it was for my team.

I think the score was like 150 something - 50 something.  I was surprised that Shaxx didn't call for the Mercy Rule because we were kicking the shit out of those guys.

I literally only got one kinetic weapon kill and the rest of my murder was either by Super, Heavy Machine Gun, Shotgun, or Grenade Spam.  I had 21 defeated Guardians to my tally and did it with a 4.20 ER, but I was the SECOND best killer on our team.  

The lead guy had over 30 murders and an ER of something like 11.  Yeah, ELEVEN~!  

I might've felt bad about the toxic environment I cheerfully contributed two if I hadn't known that at least three guys on the other team were packing PvP Pinnacle Weapons while we barely had any of those guns on our side.  What we DID have were four Hunters (including me) that fully embraced the Revelry Grenade Spam meta. 

FUCK YO SHOTGUN PRIMARY / LUNA'S HOWL LOAD-OUT~!

I fucking hate Comp tryhards that come to Quickplay looking for easy pickings, so it felt good when our team of randos smoked that triple stack death squad like blunts with Skip Grenade after Skip Grenade. 

I have to salute their toughness though.  None of them rage quit.  They went out on their shields like pros.

I had really good team for my Vanilla Gambit match and my first Gambit Prime match of the day, but it was too good to last.  The first GP team I was on really clicked.  Peeps knew I was a Reaper and gave me the right of way to clear enemies and our Invader was really on point.  I didn't get any Massacre medals, but at least my team was smart enough not to get in my way when I had my Super and dashed off to try to obliterate an entire wave on my own.

We all block partied when we banked and continuously syphoned motes from the other team.  I don't think we ever trailed the entire match.

The second batch I was with.... not so much, but at least they didn't do dumb things like bank first.  We took turns sending Blockers and stealing each other's motes, but the other team had a frosty Invader that protected his team's Blockers by evaporating us with One Thousand Voices when we got too close to the well.  It was all downhill after that.  Our Invader wasn't very good, but God love him, he did his best to keep us in the match.   The other team was just better at making optimal use of opportunities to keep us behind in the mote count.

The third team I was on was just plain awful.  One guy banked his ten motes as soon as he got them and like clockwork, the other team sent over two Mediums and a Large and our bank went poof.  Dudes on my team kept collecting motes like la di da and I was the only one that went to clear Blockers. 

This game has been out for a while, so I find it really hard to believe that there are people out there that haven't caught on to the basic strats yet.  NEVER BANK IF THE OTHER TEAM HAS NOT DEPOSITED~!

Once our bank was surrounded by Blockers, the Invader came to smoke our high mote holders and he was deadly accurate with his Arbalest..  

I just sighed.  I knew it was going to be one of THOSE matches..

I figured that the Invader would come as frequently as portals were active, so I resigned myself to the pending loss and decided to try to get Thorn kills on anyone who invaded us.  I got two killshots on Invaders with my THorn, but I died like eight times trying to defend the idiots on my team who chose to fight rather than run..... while holding at least six or seven motes at a time.

We never even got to summon our Primeval before the other team melted theirs.  That's how far behind we were.

You can't win 'em all, but I'd at least like to win two in a row once in a while.

Edited by J.T.

I am so angry right now

I was 30 seconds away from a win in Crucible (which would have also given me my next rank) and I fucking got booted all the way back to the title screen

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am so angry right now

I was 30 seconds away from a win in Crucible (which would have also given me my next rank) and I fucking got booted all the way back to the title screen

I hope it wasn't a Guitar error and I doubly hope it's not tied to the Revelry Orbs bug.

Quickplay Crucible, Rumble, and Lockdown are the only places left to even attempt to finish the Revelry Competitive bounty.

If that shit gets locked down with nearly a week left in the event, people are going to lose their fucking minds.

Out of curiosity, did you see much grenade spam in your game before the crash? 

Since you were on the verge of a win, I'd guess that if there were any grenade spammers in the game, they were on your team.

Edited by J.T.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

The lead guy had over 30 murders and an ER of something like 11.  Yeah, ELEVEN~!  

I'm pleased to hear my eyes haven't deceived me those two times I managed that. I'm guessing that is only possible in horrible slaughters like the one I did this weekend in IB and yours today.

12 hours ago, J.T. said:

I hope it wasn't a Guitar error and I doubly hope it's not tied to the Revelry Orbs bug.

Quickplay Crucible, Rumble, and Lockdown are the only places left to even attempt to finish the Revelry Competitive bounty.

If that shit gets locked down with nearly a week left in the event, people are going to lose their fucking minds.

Out of curiosity, did you see much grenade spam in your game before the crash? 

Since you were on the verge of a win, I'd guess that if there were any grenade spammers in the game, they were on your team.

There was lots of grenade spamming including by me.

I don't think it is tied to the bug.

It was like my 8th match of the night and I only had one other problem in any of the matches (I got a connecting to servers message in the middle of like my 2nd match but didn't get booted)

It was frustrating because there was no error message - just booted to the main screen. In fact, I could still hear the audio from the match for like the first 10 seconds while on the main screen

I'd already gotten the bones and lore from this week's AC, but I'd never made a successful speed run for the triumph..

UNTIL TODAY~!

I'd never have made it without ST0MP-E55 boots.  Three more speed runs to go!

I didn't realize that one of the speed runs you have to get for the  triumph is associated with the Shattered Throne.  Holy fuck!

That shit won't be happening next time around because I plan on making a lore run for the three sets of bones that are there.  With any luck, I'll also have a full set of 700 unpurified Dreaming City armor so I can knock out another triumph on that lore run.

I finished this weeks GP Wins bounty and got my S5 Weekly Bounty triumph reward emblem from Drifter. 

I think that is the last Season 5 time gated triumph I needed to get.  Prism is the bad stip for the Reckoning today.  None of the teams I ran with made it past the Bridge of Folly.

I'll try again tomorrow after the soft reset and maybe try to find a Nightfall group to help me with the Arc Avoidance triumph for the Hollowed Lair.

I want to play some Lockdown this week, but the grenade spam will make things too complicated so I will just keep hitting up Quickplay for my PvP Weekly Challenge.

Ana sold the Telemachus-C scout rifle in her inventory the day before yesterday.  I remember when that was my favorite weapon..  Or at least it was until I got the Nifleheim Frost.

Edited by J.T.

Oh, and the Rat King catalyst dropped for me today when I was running strikes for one of Eva's Revelry bounties and a Scrapper Bounty.  

Now I have to get that shit out of the vault and actually use it after I infuse It up to 700.

Edited by J.T.

Spent a hour in the forest doing a 55 branch run. Forest glitched at that point which was disappointing since we had two minutes left.

Basically we could hear an enemy but couldn’t see it and thus we couldn’t open the door.

1 dude got tired of waiting and quit out so me and the other dude two manned five bosses

I feel like I should have gotten a bonus for that but nothing.

44 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

iSpent a hour in the forest doing a 55 branch run. Forest glitched at that point which was disappointing since we had two minutes left.

Basically we could hear an enemy but couldn’t see it and thus we couldn’t open the door.

1 dude got tired of waiting and quit out so me and the other dude two manned five bosses

I feel like I should have gotten a bonus for that but nothing.

Yeah, despite the rampant enemy glitches in the Verdant Forrest, it's a much better event encounter than the Halloween one.

For one, you can fucking see where you're going and secondly the rewards are a bit more plentiful.

I think the furthest I have gotten is branch thirtysomething, but mathematically if you make it at least through twenty branches you should have plenty of time to ice five bosses.  Between masterwork weapon multikills, supers, and headshots there should be plenty of orbs around to chain super after super in the final simulation stage.

Other than for pure bragging rights, there really is no need to make a run that clears more than 25 branches.  The emblem that is supposed to keep tally of your best run is glitched anyway.  No matter how far you get,  the ticker on the emblem always reads zero.

And yeah, there should be some sort of mechanic to reward you better for getting further into the forest like higher light event loot aka armor, cosmetic items like the Mayfly jumpship, or a shot at a 700 exotic.

But there isn't.  Too bad Bungie didn't take a cue from itself and give the Arbalest the Fighting Lion treatment and give it a catalyst that you could only earn via bounties or a really deep forest run and make it so that you could only grind the catalyst during this event.  

The Fighting Lion catalyst grind held my OCD hostage during the Festival of the Lost.  I had to complete it.  I had no choice.

I still can't believe I collected all of those fucking masks.

Edited by J.T.

I spent three hours finishing up the yardwork at my mom's place.  Didn't have much time to game other than finishing up some odds and ends.  I'll try to run the Nightfall for score tomorrow morning and make an attempt to get the Arc Avoidance triumph. 

Most of the LFG groups are farming Insight Terminus for the sniper rifle.  I guess everyone that wants a MIndbenders has already got one.

Fuck.  The new Reckoning modifiers are Blackout and Heavyweight.  Doable, but a pain in the ass if the Swords are up this week.  I haven't made it past the Bridge of Folly in three or four attempts. 

I bought the new Invitation bounty before heading into work this afternoon.  Here's hoping that its fixed.

I actually got some Thorn kills while in the Crucible with the Euros this morning in addition to pelting people with Skip Grenades On Demand.   I'm 18/50 for Crucible kills and 6/25 for GP Kills for the Mark of the Devourer triumph.

I really will miss grenade spam when the event ends.

Doubles returns next week and the Flashpoint will be in the EDZ.  I may have to get in on some Doubles action since I think I have like three or four wins left to get that gameplay triumph.  I hope I don't embarrass my partners.

Edited by J.T.