DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

I killed it just fine

The bullshit was "Hi I am a Bullet Sponge and I am gonna keep regenerating my shield after two hits"

It was tedious as fuck - especially when it is basically just a glorified Lost Sector

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I killed it just fine

The bullshit was "Hi I am a Bullet Sponge and I am gonna keep regenerating my shield after two hits"

It was tedious as fuck - especially when it is basically just a glorified Lost Sector

Yeah, if you're not constantly damaging or staggering the Forge Wardens, the shield drones will eventually come back. 

Machine Guns are the best heavy weapons to bring to any Forge Ignition and any powers you have that cause damage over time will be extremely useful.

Le Monarque will be one of your best friends once you have it in your arsenal.  The poisoned arrows have an AoE effect as well as a DoT effect that will almost trivialize most Forge Ignitions.  Jotunn also wrecks in most Forge Ignitions.

Bergusia Forge unfortunately is the exception to the rule.

Bergusia will always be a pain in the ass because of the high light cap and because the flow of the waves does not play out like the lesser forges.   The first two waves are the roughest and the Walker Tank warden is almost a walk, but victory is not guaranteed.

If you have a fireteam member with a Whisper, the Warden phase of Bergusia will run fairly smoothly.   You can use the building debris to jump back to the player respawn ledge and that vantage point gives you perfect line of sight allowing you to snipe the shit out of the Tank's crit points. 

As long as you hit three crit shots quickly, you don't have to worry about reloading or leaving the safety of your sniper nest thanks to the Whisper's White Nail perk.

That's what prompted me to go and get my own Whisper.

Edited by J.T.

And fuck...

I just checked the reddits and the Truth to Power lore book has been patched to work as intended.

When Black Armory went live, I got two lore entries in one Blind Well run (one for killing the Tier III boss another for turning in my offering to the Oracle) so I was sorta hoping that participation in Blind Well during the strongest week of the Curse would unlock lore entries just like turning your offering in did.

Unfortunately, the actual design is for you to get one entry when the Curse is the strongest after you turn in your offering to the Oracle and at some point, the errant lore entry bug was patched.

I have two entries left before I complete the lore book, so ideally I will finish the book.......six weeks from this past Tuesday..... shit...

Oh, well.  If I keep running the Eggs & Bones table for the AC's I'll be close to finishing the Marsenna lore book by the time I am close to unlocking everything in Truth to Power.

Edited by J.T.

Next week will be "Arc Week"

A storm is brewing. Next week, we’ll kick off what we’ve been calling Arc Week. Our goal for this happening has been to take the element that makes our sandbox crackle and put it under the microscope. The most noticeable update is that we improved many Arc subclass paths from the time before Forsaken. The week will also feature Arc Singe and Arc Bounties to synergize with your updated abilities. To provide a proving grounds for all this new energy, Mayhem will be available in the Crucible to let you experiment with your enhanced Arc abilities using shockingly short cooldowns. 

Arc Week will also feature one of the most powerful Arc weapons ever created, the Thunderlord Exotic Machine Gun. If you weren’t able to complete the quest to obtain Thunderlord last year, you will have from April 9 to April 23 to revisit the Cosmodrome and add it your collection. 

I know JT loves seeing the word "Mayhem"

Oh I should mention that all Arc Supers are getting tweaks

And they are nerfing Nova Warp

They also acknowledged that Spectral Blades needs to be nerfed and are currently working on what that will be

Also also - they are adding Rat King as one of the Exotics that can now drop from Nightfalls, Strikes and the Crucible

I am guessing they realized that someone people were never going to get it otherwise

29 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Oh I should mention that all Arc Supers are getting tweaks

And they are nerfing Nova Warp

They also acknowledged that Spectral Blades needs to be nerfed and are currently working on what that will be

Devs are dumb.

Neither Spectral Blades nor Nova Warp needs a nerf. 

The roaming supers with shitty durations and damage reduction need to be buffed to last longer and not be shot out of your super so easily.. 

That will fix the problem.  

The duration buff to Golden Gun was a god send, but now it needs to be buff so that you can actually get your shots off without being blown out of your boots by an aggressive PvP team that realizes that standing your ground is always a better option.

27 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Also also - they are adding Rat King as one of the Exotics that can now drop from Nightfalls, Strikes and the Crucible

I am guessing they realized that someone people were never going to get it otherwise

Perhaps if the devs would fucking quit moving the goal post. 

The bump up in recommended LL for Nightfalls jumps so high after a new season starts that it is impossible to new players grind the Rat King.. 

It also doesn't help that 99.99999999999% of the established D2 community has already done the quest and can't really help since it is required that at least two members of the Fireteam have the quest active and be on the same step in order to get progress.

Edited by J.T.

Holy fuck, I cannot buy a Tier 3 Reckoning clear this week to save my life  I'll try again tonight after I finish the Crucible Weekly Challenge and find some dummies to help me clear the Exodus Black Nightfall triumph.

I did manage to finish the Thorn quest last night, so it's not like I got zero accomplished last night while I was watching WM on my laptop.  Chasm of Screams / Savathun's Song wasn't as nightmarish as I thought it would be, but my squad did wipe twice before we cracked the code. 

You definitely need to have a fireteam above 670 to cope with the power curve and patience is also key.   The swarms of Thralls in the boss battle will kill you quickly thanks to Blackout / Harsh Elements, so take the time to clear adds before you deal with the Knight and the giant Shrieker.

I'm also closing in on an Infamy reset, so hopefully I will have my 21% Delirium Machine Gun before the end of the week.

Edited by J.T.

I got my first upgrade on my Synthesizer thanks to fall in with a group of Euros early yesterday morning. We crushed 4 straight Tier 1 Reckonings. (The Void singe, Heavyweight combo was still on so it made it so much easier) 

I need a chest piece to complete my shitty Reaper armor set

I tried to finish my Heroic Wizard Rituals but fuckers kept racing through it. Grr...

So I am now crossing my fingers we get Titan or Mars this week

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 8:31 AM, RIPPA said:

I got my first upgrade on my Synthesizer thanks to fall in with a group of Euros early yesterday morning. We crushed 4 straight Tier 1 Reckonings. (The Void singe, Heavyweight combo was still on so it made it so much easier) 

I need a chest piece to complete my shitty Reaper armor set

I tried to finish my Heroic Wizard Rituals but fuckers kept racing through it. Grr...

So I am now crossing my fingers we get Titan or Mars this week

I am trying to work on a Collector set, but it's not going well.  When you start doing Tier 2's and 3's., you will come to hate the Bridge of Folly. Sooo much yellow bar bridge booping bullshit.

And speaking of Gambit Prime Armor...

I feel a little better about the Gambit Prime losing streak I endured this past week because it looks like players on the other teams I was up against may have been cheating to win by exploiting the Sentry Armor bug. 

it would explain three or four of the shutouts I lost to four mans where the enemy team's Primeval did not last two health gates.  

Dudes who can't win or lose on their own gameplay are bitches.  I'd like to think that some bans were handed out, but that probably didn't happen.

Here is how the glitch worked.

This video is from the guy in the reddit testing the exploit.  He's obviously the Warlock with the Geomags.   It's a pretty obscene thing to watch if you are a casual player that goes by the rules and doesn't use glitches or exploits.

The Reddit thread itself is somewhat encouraging.  As an ethical hacker and a software tester, I feel that it is is your obligation as an end user to report these kinds of bugs to the developer. 

By no means should you create a glitch tutorial.  There is a special place in hell for players that teach other players how to cheat.

Although I feel badly for the poor team in the YouTube video that got thumped, the OP did the right thing by:

a) reporting the bug privately to prevent the spread of the exploit. 

and 

b) replicating the bug in the wild and providing a visual record of the exploit being used in real time via YouTube.

The bug is obviously game breaking so showing just how bad it actually is tends to prompt devs to either come up with a quick fix or at least isolate the problem.  Bungie took the second route by disabling Sentry synths and armor until they come up with a fix.

I don't think it's coincidence that I was on a team that won a GP match fair and square now that Sentry Armor has been disabled.  Level playing field and all.

Edited by J.T.

I saw the note from Bungie disabling the Sentry Armor I think Saturday morning so you shouldn't have had to deal with it this weekend

That does remind me that I had my favorite Gambit Prime match so far where my team was being shutout and the other team summoned their Primeval and we stormed back and won

There really needed to be an achievement for that

20 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I saw the note from Bungie disabling the Sentry Armor I think Saturday morning so you shouldn't have had to deal with it this weekend

That does remind me that I had my favorite Gambit Prime match so far where my team was being shutout and the other team summoned their Primeval and we stormed back and won

There really needed to be an achievement for that

There is a medal (By The Skin Of Your Teeth) for close call / come from behind wins because I got one last night in my match where my team roared to victory after a really slow start thanks to our badass invader and my ability to turn yellow bars into butter thanks to my Reaper armor damage perks..

We each had a sliver left on our Primevals, but the team with a good Reaper usually has the DPS advantage.  It also helped that Malfeasance is VERY effective in the Primeval damage phases. 

We'll see how well I fare with this GP Win weekly bounty after Tuesday's reset.  I don't think I'll see too many people wearing Sentry armor for a while.

Edited by J.T.

What's funny is when I first starting doing Reckoning - the first two pieces I did where Sentry but that was just because that was what I had the most of.

Then I read the actual descriptions and I was like "Hold up" and I switched to Reaper.

I will also do a Collector set eventually.

Oh I am about halfway done on unlock Izanami forge

I am at the part mid way through where you actually find the Forge

I stopped focusing on it once I read all the quest steps because I was like "Oh I am gonna need JT's help"

Oh oh!

So while last week gave me the first Invitation of the Nine cut scene

This week I got the current one - so I clearly missed a few in between which is a little disappointing

53 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

What's funny is when I first starting doing Reckoning - the first two pieces I did where Sentry but that was just because that was what I had the most of.

Then I read the actual descriptions and I was like "Hold up" and I switched to Reaper.

I will also do a Collector set eventually.

I will pull together a set of each eventually since there are triumphs associated with all of the armor sets. 

The Reaper Armor triumph is kinda bullshit since it is nigh impossible to get Massacre medal in Gambit Prime because you have to be the one that gets the 12 rapid kills and your team is always "helping" you clear out enemies.

I hate running tethers in Gambit Prime, but that seems to be the most "reliable" way to get Massacre medals and even that way is not guaranteed.

Sentry armor will probably be the last set I cobble together.  After I get a set of Collector armor, I'll work on the Invader set.

51 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Oh I am about halfway done on unlock Izanami forge

I am at the part mid way through where you actually find the Forge

I stopped focusing on it once I read all the quest steps because I was like "Oh I am gonna need JT's help"

I'll be on tonight with the flatscreen in the sunroom tuned in to the Post WM Raw so that I can hear what's going on while I am gaming in the family room on my XB1. 

Catch me before I get waist deep in Tier 3 Reckoning or putting fools down in the Crucible. 

If I get with a good Reckoning group, I potentially have enough Colelctor Synths for a full set of Notorious armor so I am going to keep going at least until I have enough runs to complete both the Reckoning Weekly Challenge and the Collect / Conquer Weekly Bounty.

It is possible that I will get dupes and that will suck, but tomorrow's reset brings new opportunity.

I'm not really looking forward to Arc Week though.

50 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Oh oh!

So while last week gave me the first Invitation of the Nine cut scene

This week I got the current one - so I clearly missed a few in between which is a little disappointing

Yeah, some players that just started doing the Invitations are complaining on the Bungie boards about this week's post Invitation chat with Drifter because it spoils the reveal for the second week's Invitation and some people (like you) have gaps in the lore.

When you meet up with Drifter in the annex after returning from the Haul after doing this week's Invitation, he pretty much blurts out, "You know she used to be a Guardian, right?"

Since I run a Hunter main, the thing that slightly annoyed me about this week's Invitation was the jumping puzzle.  I stared at the floating jade amulets and thought to myself, "Really, Bungie?  Platforming?"

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, J.T. said:

Since I run a Hunter main, the thing that slightly annoyed me about this week's Invitation was the jumping puzzle.  I stared at the floating jade amulets and thought to myself, "Really, Bungie?  Platforming?"

Oh good, I wasn't the only one. It was a minor annoyance, but still an odd choice to make.

Finally made 4 successful Reckoning runs last night when the Attrition / Heavyweight modifiers were up.  Not sure what it is about Prism that fucks everything up. 

I got a curated Night Watch scout rifle as my Reckoning reward, but the Subsistence and Multikill Clip perks had a weird synergy.  I guess I reloaded too often to proc Mutlikll Clip because I was constantly running out of ammo.  I ended up shredding the scout rifle and using the shards to get my Notorious Collector Cloak up to 700.

I got dupe Notorious Collector boots and an Illicit Collector Helmet, so I am two armor pieces short of a full set of Notorious Collector armor.  Looks like I'll be trying to cobble a full set together during Arc Week.

The Collector Armor pieces I have look nice with my Gwisin Vest, so I've been using them when I run Way of the Wraith.

I did not realize that I unlocked the Rain of Ashes emblem last week.  I hope I prove worthy enough to have Shaxx's visage on my PvP battle emblem.  I need to knock these GP weekly bounties out so I can unlock that phat Season 6 Gambit emblem.

Edited by J.T.

Last night was my late night so I just watched RAW for a hour and then passed out.

I am excited for Arc week.

I am sure I will regret those words

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Last night was my late night so I just watched RAW for a hour and then passed out.

I had RAW on while I was running around doing shit.

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am excited for Arc week.

You say this because you are a Titan main and Striker is arguably a better subclass than Sunbreaker these days now that it has the Human Cannonball super and the improved Exotics.

It will be a week of sorrow for Arcstriders.

Edited by J.T.

11 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Some of us aren't baller enough to have two TVs in the same room

I am not that baller either, man

I'm the halfway crib I share with a homie when I am working in the 804.  

He was watching Raw while I was playing Destiny 2.  

11 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Of course - in hind sight - I don't know why I wasted my time with RAW.

He felt it was a wasted of time, too, because he tapped out after the first hour and started playing No Man's Sky on his PS4.

Edited by J.T.