DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

I need to kill one Knight to complete another Ascendant Challenge

I completed my first one finally last week (Granted it is the fucking easiest one ever since it is the one that is doing the Blind Well while ascended)

15 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I need to kill one Knight to complete another Ascendant Challenge

I completed my first one finally last week (Granted it is the fucking easiest one ever since it is the one that is doing the Blind Well while ascended)

You mean a Purification Ritual?

And yeah, the easiest ones to do are to complete Tier 4 while ascended and to do the Corrupted strike while ascended because you can pick the vanilla Corrupted strike from the Dreaming City map rather than try your luck with Heroic Vanguards.

In both cases, you'll have help since Blind Well and Vanilla Strikes all have matchmaking.

You don't have a Wish Ender so the eggs won't really matter to you just yet but you can still grab the Ahamkara Bones from the Ascendant Realm when you are running this week's challenge..

You can't finish the Marsenna lorebook if you don't start smashing Corrupted Eggs, so eventually you will have to get a Wish Ender.  The free Dreaming City gear you get from shooting eggs is a bonus.

Edited by J.T.

3 minutes ago, J.T. said:

You mean a Purification Ritual?

Yeah those things

I also found my first Ascendant chest - funnily I went back and did that one you and I tried MONTHS ago.

It's the one right above where Petra is in the Strand

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah those things

I also found my first Ascendant chest - funnily I went back and did that one you and I tried MONTHS ago.

It's the one right above where Petra is in the Strand

Tried?  I made it to the top and opened that chest when we had our little platforming experiment.

Sooner or later, I'm going to have to make time to find and open the others.

It's not like I don't have a billion Baryon Boughs or a full count of Queensfoil on me at all times.

Edited by J.T.

Failed at Tier 3 Reckoning this morning.  Mechanics wise, it doesn't seem that hard, but the Likeness of Oryx is a fucking DPS nightmare.  Soooo yellow and tanky.  I fucking hate timed encounters against super bullet sponges. 

I had flashbacks of the first time I tried to drop the Soaring Keen in Tier 2 EP.  Every player in the zone pumped bullets into that damned thing and it wouldn't fucking die.

I also hit the IB a bit last night and had two or three  matches where I was 3.0 or better and one or two where I was either barely over 1.5 or just shy of 2.0.  As long as I finish more than 1.5 and don't go negative, it's all good and even better if we win.

Now that I know that Wizened Rebuke is an Arc Fusion Rifle, I think that Atlas Unbound triumph can kiss my ass.  I highly doubt that the Rebuke's Moving Target / Demolitionist is better than Loaded Question.  I may try to chip away at AU just to see how painful it is to run sub light in the IB and try to get killshots. 

My gut says more trouble than it's worth, but you have to finish the triumph in order to unlock the Rebuke for random drops.  I may have to deal with that bullshit in the hope that I can get a better Rebuke drop in a future IB tournament.

Another AC zone has been cleared of all lore!  I got the eggs and the bones from the Cimmerian Garrison last night but got tired, so I went to bed and then came back this morning to complete the challenge..  I made it in once go solo but I didn't get credit for a speed run, so that proves the theory that speed runs have to be made on the initial opening of the portal. 

Oh, well.  Once I've revisited and cleared all ACs of bones and eggs, I'll go through the rotation again for speed runs.

I'm over 70% on the Thorn bounty.  Progress is definitely improved by participating in the IB.  I should be ready for Chasm of Screams by the next hard reset.  I'm more than ready to infuse this damned 700 IKELOS Hand Cannon into one of my regular use Energy Weapons.

Don't forget that Xur pops up after 1PM today, so get your Invitation bounty from him before he rolls out.  It's my custody weekend so I will be out with the kid and my boo.  We're going to see Us tomorrow night, but I have day shift on Sunday so the kid and I will have to break back to the 804 at the crack of dawn.  I'll drop the young'un off at my mom's so she can get spoiled by her grandma while I'm at work, and I'll log in on Sunday to do the Invitation bounty and then play some IB,  or get in some Gambit Prime and try my hand at T3 Reckoning again.

Edited by J.T.

I got Breakneck last night so another thing completed

I do enjoy completing three frames with one forge ignition.

I also remembered that I need to go melee dudes on the Forgotten Shore as I work on unlocking the next Forge

It is amazing what one good match will do for this Temptation bounty. I bumped up to 666 so I wasn't as Squishy in IB (Well except for that one match where there was a 4 man fireteam of all 697 guys that I got dropped in the middle of). So in one match I had 17 kills with a K/D of 1.89 and I went from 7% to 30%

I could use these Wolf Power Token thing to get the 100 LL boost in matches but I like being lower since the bounties give you extra credit for killing dudes above you

21 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I got Breakneck last night so another thing completed

You will love your Breakneck once you slap a Rampage Spec on it.  It's one of Ada-1's Black Armory mods.  I think it costs like ten or fifteen Mod Components and a Black Armory Weapon Spec, but don't quote me on that.

Some people swear by the Breakneck in the Crucible, but I just use mine for PvE.  Recoil is just too unpredictable even for a Precision weapon, especially when Rampage / Onslaught kicks in and starts stacking.  It's the best redbar eraser in the game, but not very effective against other players IMO.

Better to use a pulse rifle, or a scout and pack a fusion rifle like Merciless, Telesto, or the Erentil FR in your Energy Weapon slot  to counter the dipshits running around with shotguns (unless like me, you ARE that dipshit running shotty in the EW slot).

Now that you're doing BA stuff, you will probably dig the Blast Furnace pulse rifle if you get one with a roll that isn't shit. 

I have a Moving Target / High Impact Reserves roll on my Go Figure pulse rifle and it still handles business in PvP.  Don't let the new and shiny stuff scare you away from using old school guns.

Once you're running Bergusia Forge regularly, you will start getting Obsidian Accelerators that will bump up BA weapon damage during forge ignitions.  That will be a big help.

Remember to save a Tatara Gaze, a Spiteful Fang, and a Hammerhead even if you get crap rolls.  Never too early to do the Volundr Forge emblem puzzles and get ready for the Study in Obsidian stuff, but you'll need an Izanami's Burden and a full set of BA armor to complete the Obsidian quest.

Going back to the Black Armory mod thingie for a sec, from now on don't even bother turning in Weaponsmith Parts to Banshee until his new services kick in.  Let Ada-1 convert your gun parts into Mod Components and use those to get stuff from Ada and Banshee.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Considering I have over 2000 weapon parts - I am good

I also enjoy that you forgot you are talking to me. I still barely have any space in my vault from all the weapons I keep

7 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Considering I have over 2000 weapon parts - I am good

I also enjoy that you forgot you are talking to me. I still barely have any space in my vault from all the weapons I keep

Jesus, I am indeed forgetting that you are a fucking hoarder.

Holy shi, dude.  Convert those gunsmith parts into mod components already and then use them for something constructive.

You are lucky this isn't like Elder Scrolls or Mass Effect so there are no encumbrance penalties to movement or cooldown.

Edited by J.T.

Also my Breakneck has Rampage already which I think is the locked perk that it always comes with

Or are using saying to double down and add a Rampage mod too

26 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Or are using saying to double down and add a Rampage mod too

This.

There is a Black Armory mod called the Rampage Spec that you can put on a weapon with the Rampage perk and it boosts the duration of Rampage when it is active.

For the Breakneck, the time bump gives Rampage more time to stack and buff your damage output which in turn procs Onslaught to give you a higher ROF.  It makes the Breakneck even more of a bullet hose than it already is.

Failing that, you can't go wrong with putting a Backup Mag mod, Targeting Adjustor mod, or a Counterbalance Mod on the Breakneck.  All four of the mods I mentioned will synergize perfectly fine with the guns perks to either boost damage output, keep the weapon stable and improve accuracy, or allow you to acquire targets faster.

There is also a mod called the Dragonfly Spec which buffs the damage and AoE range of the elemental explosion that results when you get a precision kill.  You will want to put that mod on any gun you have that either has Dragonfly and remember that the new Oxygen SR4 scout rifle has Dragonfly AND a perk that buffs Dragonfly..

The thing about Ada-1's BA weapon mods is that they are only for guns.  If you need armor mods, you still have to go to Banshee and his stock is random and only refreshes at every daily reset.

Edited by J.T.

God, I forgot that The Corrupted is a Nightfall this week.  I need to find a group running that as a 100K on Sunday..

Getting the reward weapon would be nice, but I just want to get the secret Relic Rumble triumph for defeating Sadia in one or two phases before she escapes and retreats to the final damage phase encounter.

Edited by J.T.

2 minutes ago, J.T. said:

God, I forgot that The Corrupted is a Nightfall this week.  I need to find a group running that as a 100K on Sunday..

Here is the best part

I just did the Corrupted strike which completed a quest step and now I have to run... the SPECIAL version of the Corrupted strike

So going to loathe it by the end

15 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Here is the best part

I just did the Corrupted strike which completed a quest step and now I have to run... the SPECIAL version of the Corrupted strike

So going to loathe it by the end

If it is the special Corrupted strike for the Malfeasance then yeah, you are going to fucking hate it.

On the positive side, you're doing it like two DLC ahead of when the weapon went active.  Light levels have had two or three bump ups since then, so you're not running the strike at near dead even keel like I had to.  

You and two more 600+ Guardians shouldn't have as rough of a time as I did when it was a 580 LL encounter and I was maxed at 600 and carrying two 570 players..

Edited by J.T.

42 minutes ago, J.T. said:

If it is the special Corrupted strike for the Malfeasance then yeah, you are going to fucking hate it.

It is exactly what it is for

12 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

It is exactly what it is for

The final boss for this strike has the same abilities as the Nightfall version of the Taken Phalanx boss in the Lake of Shadows strike so keep moving, keep the adds population low, watch the tethers that the boss creates and destroy them quickly if you're caught by one, and you should be good to go.

Edited by J.T.

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

The final boss for this strike has the same abilities as the Nightfall version of the Taken Phalanx boss in the Lake of Shadows strike so keep moving, keep the adds population low, watch the tethers that the boss creates and destroy them quickly if you're caught by one, and you should be good to go.

And funnily Xur is sending me to the Lake of Shadows

Yep. You are about two weeks behind us on invitations. The next one will show you more about the Emissary though you won't be able to access it until next week.

Edited by Eivion

11 hours ago, Eivion said:

Yep. You are about two weeks behind us on invitations. The next one will show you more about the Emissary though you won't be able to access it until next week.

Which reminds me that I need to nick the one for this weekend when I get to the crib after work.

Again - I remain amazed that when IB hits I suddenly become a much better PvP player

Took me THREE matches to go from 20% to complete (and one match I was dropped in the middle) on that step of Temptation.

Now I am on the almost final step of the Last Word which works since I still have to complete a couple more IB bounties so two birds, one stone (Though I have spent my morning finishing up some Dreaming City stuff so I might as well collect Hive Larva while I am at it)

If the game really loves me - Flashpoint next week will be on a place that has Hive rituals so I can double dip

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Again - I remain amazed that when IB hits I suddenly become a much better PvP player

Took me THREE matches to go from 20% to complete (and one match I was dropped in the middle) on that step of Temptation.

Yeah, I also tend to rise to the occasion when the IB is around and then going back to being streaky and bad once Saladin leaves the Tower.

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

If the game really loves me - Flashpoint next week will be on a place that has Hive rituals so I can double dip.

Mars was the Flashpoint a week or so ago and I believe that think that Titan was in the rotation recently, so I don't like your chances this Tuesday.

I'm thinking it's either Io, Mercury, or the Tangled Shore this time around.

7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I finally  finished that step last night do to IB as well.

7 hours ago, J.T. said:

Which reminds me that I need to nick the one for this weekend when I get to the crib after work.

Did mine last night.