DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

10 hours ago, J.T. said:

:And Holy Fuck, that Invitations Of The Nine shit is fucking awesome.  Where was this level of storytelling when Osiris rolled out?  I am not sure if the Nine are the real "bad guys" of this game or if they are more like the Reapers from Mass Effect or Lovecraft's Great Old Ones and are just amoral assholes playing everyone like chess pieces simply because they have the power to do so.

I haven't started yet, but I'm pretty sure its this one.

9 hours ago, J.T. said:

I really hate Reckoning Tier 2.   The percentage of early quitters compared to Tier 1 is extremely high.  I may have to start looking on LFG for dedicated fireteams when I am ready to run my dark motes in for better GP gear.

I'm only 663 so I haven't even tried Tier 2. It just looks so much worse than Tier 1.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

Knocked out the Oxygen SR3 triumph last night and got my bad-ass new Vanguard pinnacle weapon.  

It's not a half bad gun.  Not sure whether to put a Targeting Adjuster on it to help cheat headshots or a Dragonfly spec on it to further exploit the perk synergy.

The Aim Assist on Omolon guns is traditionally bad which warrants the TA, but I will score more multikills via prox damage with the Dragonfly spec... provided that my aim is true.

Oh, and for those of you working on the Allegiance quest, play Gambit Prime when you get to the 50 motes part.   It says in the flavor text that you can play either Gambit or Gambit Prime to collect the motes, but that descriptor is broken. 

Only the motes you collect in Gambit Prime will count towards the quest step.

Edited by J.T.

13 hours ago, Eivion said:

I haven't started yet, but I'm pretty sure its this one.

That is my assumption so far.

13 hours ago, Eivion said:

I'm only 663 so I haven't even tried Tier 2. It just looks so much worse than Tier 1.

Eventually you will have to dip your toe into Tier 2 and Tier 3.  You won't be able to craft your synthesized blue and purple Motes of Dark into the upgraded Gambit Prime armors if you don't use the upper tier Wells.

There is also a better chance of getting the curated rolls of the GP guns if you do Tier 2 and Tier 3.

I hate the Mote Thief triumph.  My team of rando homewreckers was up against a quartet of noobs and we blanked them 2-0.

The heavy drops did not fall like I wanted them to in Round 1, so I wasn't able to invade during the times they would've been collecting motes.  Very frustrating. 

The two times that I actually did invade, I mowed through them.  If there had been motes on the ground when I made my runs, I'd be the proud owner of a completed Drifter lorebook.

In Round 2, my asshole teammate decided to hog the first two portals, so there went my opportunities to get Mote Thief for the remainder of the match.  Since we summoned our Primeval first, we didn't get any invasion portals until the other team had summoned theirs. 

No Motes; No Mote Thief.

I was quite upset with my douchebag potato teammate, but I still wanted the victory since I need an Infamy reset for the Gambit pinnacle weapon and win streaks modify your infamy point total.

The Flashpoint this week will either be on Io or the EDZ since neither of those two zones have been in the recent rotation. 

I'll knock out the Gambit Prime and Reckoning challenges of the week first and then see what's what with the Ascendant Challenge as I still need Corrupted Eggs and Ahamkara Bones from the Ascendant Realm. 

Spider's EC bounties are also a priority as I have quite a few pieces of infusion fodder on me and I could always use more Glimmer to pay for the upgrades.

Edited by J.T.

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I plan on finally figuring out how to acquire the Annual Pass this evening because good lord was that a shitshow this weekend

My kid has a soccer game, so I won't be on until kinda late. 

I can try to drag you through the Forge ignitions and Drifter's upgrade bounties will get you the 630+ Blue gear that will help you fake it till you make it.

I am digging the Dark Ages history lessons I am getting from the Drifter and from the Invitations of the Nine bounties.

I can see why his feelings about the nature of Traveler would be so negative, but the meta of sinister Guardians with their own agendas just adds fuel to the fire of every real life Edgy McEmo out there that wants his Guardian to be an anti-hero like Shin Malphur or a straight up villain like Dredgen Yor.

And by "villain" I mean douchebags using that meta as an excuse to grief other players.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, J.T. said:

My kid has a soccer game, so I won't be on until kinda late. 

I can try to drag you through the Forge ignitions and Drifter's upgrade bounties will get you the 630+ Blue gear that will help you fake it till you make it.

If I can even figure out how to buy it - I will probably just do normal stuff and the Drifter bounties

I am "working from home tomorrow" so I can focus more on the stuff I missed then

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

If I can even figure out how to buy it - I will probably just do normal stuff and the Drifter bounties

I am "working from home tomorrow" so I can focus more on the stuff I missed then

This weekend is not my custody weekend so I won't be doing anything major in game over the weekend.  I'm going to try to get to my crib early enough on Friday to at least get this week's Nine bounty in my inventory so that I can finish it on Monday night.

Thank God that those bounties don't have a suspense timer.

Bah.  I hate it when I'm right.  Flashpoint is in the EDZ.  No Most Loyal lorebook completion this week for JT.  I guess I'm making a side trip to the Salt Mines while I am on Earth to go and pick up the Thorn quest...

If you want to save yourself some grief, doing the planetside Heroic Adventure will bump you up to around 40% completion for the Flashpoint. 

That's how I keep myself from going batshit crazy when the Flashpoint is on Mercury or Mars.

Edited by J.T.

9 hours ago, J.T. said:

Eventually you will have to dip your toe into Tier 2 and Tier 3.  You won't be able to craft your synthesized blue and purple Motes of Dark into the upgraded Gambit Prime armors if you don't use the upper tier Wells.

I finally hit 667-668 last night so I will probably do Tier 2 sometime this week with Power upgrades being normalized again. Might hit Tier 3 depending on how much I gain over the week.

Did do the Invitation bounty and that was pretty neat story stuff at the end.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

My lack of glimmer is killing me

Yes, the grind is real.  You will either be short ECs, Glimmer. or both and its a long way to 690..

And yeah, our comical Gambit Prime match last night was proof positive that you need to get a full set of GP armor as soon as you can.  

The damage bonuses we got from my Reaper perks were pretty ridiculous and we easily melted the Envoys in the Primeval phase.

we were mounting a good comeback, but the Collector on the other team had already killed us dead in the first minutes of the match when he nuked our bank. 

We never really bounced back from that.  We did manage a good showing in our last Normal Gambit match of the night once we got our shit together and Jacob stopped shedding motes.

Since you don't really like to invade, I would probably suggest that you either set yourself up as a Sentry or a Collector.  I'll usually be around so you already have a Reaper to roll with.

I had planned to do Blind Well this morning to move Thorn ahead, but the Primary Well seems to be broken.... again....

You can't interact with the Charge of Light deposit nodes.   Hope they have that shit fixed by the time I get off work.

If it's still broken when I get to the crib, I'll try to complete a few Tier 2 Reckoning runs without losing my shit.

15 hours ago, Eivion said:

Did do the Invitation bounty and that was pretty neat story stuff at the end.

Be sure to talk to the Drifter afterwards.  He will be quite defensive about what the Emissary of the Nine revealed to you.

It is ironic that an untrustworthy double-dealer like the Drifter wants me to not believe the version of events relayed to me by the servant of a nigh omniscient force that has no reason to lie to me.

The only thing that bothers me about the Nine is that they are master manipulators and as much as I loathe the Drifter, I'm not going to be maneuvered into acting against him just because the Emissary says so for fear that I will only be doing the Nine's dirty work for them.

The Drifter taking haven in the Annex kinda kills the niche theory that the Traveler either houses the Nine or is somehow an evil entity.  Obviously the Drifter would not be operating in the Last City if the newly active Traveler did not afford some protection against his enemies.

I do grudgingly agree that the arrival and presence of the Traveler have bought undue hostile attention to Humanity to the point where we face an extinction level event like once a month.  The Traveler created the Ghosts and the Guardians to combat those forces, but not all Guardians are as altruistic as the members of the Vanguard.

I really DO want to have a serious talk with my Ghost about the nature of Ghosts in general.  The Investigation brought up some rather disturbing things concerning whether a Ghost's relationship with his Guardian is symbiotic or parasitic.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Oh, and I totally misread the Collector armor perks text.

Draining the other team's bank comes as a result of your team completing a Block Party ie sending over more than one Blocker at a time. 

I think that Jacob and Dylan might have been a bit too aggressive when it came to mote gathering and I was a bit too eager to be the First to Block. 

I put in my five and that Small probably got nuked immediately and by the time my diligent clanmates ran around trying to collect for Large Blockers, we got Block Partied by the other team and the Bank Drain mechanic started.

The key seems to be to NOT go to bank after the first wave unless two of your teammates have enough motes to generate Medium Blockers at the minimum and you should always bank together.

The team needs to call out how many motes they have and how many they need so that the other people can call motes on the ground rather than just run around willy nilly snatching them up.

Edited by J.T.

Thank you game for giving me Strange Terrain twice in a row.

Allowed me to knock out a giant chunk of these Hive bounties I am working on

Will of the Thousands and Strange Terrain are also two of the three Nightfalls up for this week.

Too bad you hate LFG because you could've hooked up with some randos and knocked out your Hive bounties while also completing the two Weekly Nightfall Challenges with a single successful 100K score run.

Edited by J.T.

God I don't have enough fucking glimmer to buy new bounties

Happens to me all the time.  I usually fix that by running strikes until I get about 4K Glimmer and then going to buy Spider's Tangled Shore grindy bounties.  

They cost about 250 or so a piece IRC and they pay out 2.5K per completion so that's a nice return on your investment for the few minutes it takes to complete them..  It won't take you that much time to knock them all out.

Spider also has a item for item trade where he will give you 2.5K glimmer in exchange for resources or sometimes Legendary Shards.  

I try not to trade too many resources away because I can never remember what widgits I need for gear upgrades, but if you've got like a billion duskshards or something, you can afford to trade in a few for glimmer.

I'll be on in about an hour or so if you need help with anything.  Gotta run by the store first to get some soup for dinner.

I think my boo's grandkid gave me her cold.

Edited by J.T.

I have been finishing up Weekly stuff

I still need to play Gambit and then take a swing at the Reckoning again.

In addition to giving Hive with Solar Damage. So I might fuck around in a couple of EPs

Well, hey!  I am up to the painful Crucible part of the Thorn quest!  I cleared the first tuning segment with Nightfall Strikes and the second with Heroic Blind Well but if you're not half bad at PvP. I'd actually take the Crucible route rather than suffer through Escalation Waves.

I suggest that because there will never be a shortage of Hunter players in the Crucible and I got my Sapphire Wire stuff done in like three or four matches.  Lots of dudes are using Hand Cannons, so you will probably win most ranged gunfights with a pulse rifle or a scout rifle.  I have a 696 Go Figure with Moving Target and Headseeker which was getting the job done nicely.

So now I am using my Masterwork Crimson, the IKELOS hand cannon, and either my Crooked Fang or Hammerhead as my load-out for the big PvP part.  The progress is painfully slow but to my surprise, the IKELOS hand cannon is ridiculously effective.  No wonder everyone is using them for this part of the quest.

I have out-gunned a Last Word at medium range at least twice, but there is no coming back from a Luna's Howl user that can get his headshots. 

Watch your matchmaking queues and take note of stacked teams or extra sweaty players.

I still have not successfully beaten Tier 2 Reckoning round.  It is starting to bother me.  I can always run Tier 1's for the Weekly Challenge, but that does not get these stupid Weekly Bounties complete.  Why is this shit so hard?  I may look on LFG for a dedicated team because matchmaking is sticking me with randos that are barely above the Light Cap and they die like every two seconds.

Tonight will be devoted to completing my Gambit Prime Weekly Challenge and trying to make at least four successful Tier 2 Reckoning runs to finish this GP Weekly Bounty.  Once that's done, I'll run Tier 1s if I still need progress to completion of the Reckoning WC.

Edited by J.T.

I am up to 649 and trying to get to 650 before I try the Reckoning again (unless I am in a fire team)

I would suggest getting up to 660 to improve your chances of getting matchmade with people closer to the recommended Light Cap of the encounter.

Otherwise, you will probably get stuck with at least one asshole in the 638 to 640 range will need to be carried and you will lose your temper.

I know I did.

So very rusty in Crucible

It is an interesting time to play in the Crucible now that it is a Hand Cannon fest out there.   You and your favorite pulse rifle will find easy pickings unless you run up against a stacked six-man of sweaty fuckers.

Watch your queue for Crucible Pinnacle Weapon Users and you should be okay.

Edited by J.T.

Actually I am running with Trust mostly since I had some precision kill bounties I had to clean up.

I am spamming the hell out of Wardcliff Coil until it gets nerfed because it is helping me blow through that one random quest that requires multikills

Well, at least now I know why some players take a million years to deposit their motes in the Reckoning...

Now I will be that dickhead that goes off to collect lore and infuriate my teammates.