DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

I got all of my Gambit Prime weekly stuff done last night.   Sporting a full set of Notorious Reaper Armor now.  Not crazy about the perks, but I can tweak it to make it work for me.  Will probably start working on a set of Notorious Collector Armor after the Tuesday reset.

I've got three of my IB bounties done, but I'm lagging woefully behind in my IB Ability Kill bounty. 

I now have a full set of the Iron Symmachy armor, so we'll see how far I get in my remaining IB bounties after I get the 50 Kills / 5 Match completions I need for the Season 6 Remembrance triumph.

Going to work on the Invitation bounty and a getting a 100K Corrupted NS / Relic Rumble completion when I get home from work and then dive into the IB to try to top off my three or four remaining bounties.

Edited by J.T.

Yeah that is probably the one thing I have been slacking on and it is doing Reckoning stuff

I might do one or two a week and I have yet to upgrade my synthesizer once.

That is probably a goal for the upcoming week since IB won't be around

9 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah that is probably the one thing I have been slacking on and it is doing Reckoning stuff

I might do one or two a week and I have yet to upgrade my synthesizer once.

That is probably a goal for the upcoming week since IB won't be around

I have tons of infusion fodder in my inventory and the way The Reckoning works is a pain in the ass.

Once you complete the Weekly GP Bounty that upgrades your synthesizer, you're about ten or twenty LL down from the suggested LL for the next tier up. 

Problem is that you can't get progress in the synth upgrade bounty unless you can complete a Reckoning run where you wager a mote that is the BEST quality that you synth can produce, so once again you're stuck grinding Light and upgrading your gear as best you can until run Reckoning again and wager the appropriate motes.

It took about a week for me to get my gear up to 695+ so that I could start running Tier 3 and actually win rounds.  The Likeness of Oryx is far too bullet spongey for a team of randos lower that 695 to beat.

Enhancement Cores are my best friends right now.  Good thing I went Vanguard and snitched because I'll be getting another easy EC when I knock out Ikora's weekly challenge tomorrow.

Edited by J.T.

There are some many mission type things that I SHOULD do but I am so lazy (Granted part of this is I am used to running things like 300 LL above the recommended level so being only 50-100 above is weird)

But yeah - my luck with even the basic Reckoning hasn't been great. Keep getting dropped into ones where there is only like 1 other person trying.

Had one match where some dude just sat in the corner playing with his emotes instead of doing anything.

Now I am angry because I realized I forgot to report that fucker

You probably already know this, but there is a spot near the Reckoning Well where you can drop a Last Wish Raid Banner and start off with full ammo and a Super before dropping down to the encounter.   

I think it only works once per encounter, though.  Win or lose, you have to drop a new Raid Banner when you additional motes.

Getting dudes to act right in Tier 1 and 2 can be pretty hard.   Some guys are just fucking off, but a couple here and there are searching the Derelict and the Haul for the Dusk lore and they will get back to shooting stuff with you as soon as they locate all of the Hive urns.. 

Don't be too hard on all of them when you start handing out reports.

Edited by J.T.

Well again - it is really just more luck of the draw

I don't think I have yet to complete one where everyone is trying - well except when we were doing it

Tier 1 is pretty simple.  It's more or less a Taken Escalation Protocol and you just have to kill enemies quickly until you get a Boss and then you thwack him.

I don't envy you when you start doing Tier 2 and Tier 3.   You will come to hate the words Bridge Of Folly.

I already hate the word Prism

But yeah I have watched a few videos and one of the reasons I need to build my Warlock up is I can be slamming wells down

I'M A HELPER!!!

Speaking of no envy.  I'm ready to do the Chasm of Screams part of my Thorn quest. 

Yay!  I think.....

12 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I already hate the word Prism

But yeah I have watched a few videos and one of the reasons I need to build my Warlock up is I can be slamming wells down

I'M A HELPER!!!

Wellocks, Bubble Sentinels, and Tether Hunters are invaluable on the Bridge run regardless of what singe is running. 

I always run Tethers and I have to be careful when my Super is active because all of the yellow bars on the Bridge have the ability to boop you off the side.

DPS is key in GP Primeval fights and Reckoning, so be prepared to be enraged when one of your dumb randos jumps in the face of a yellow bar and dies immediately..... costing you precious seconds of DPS because he's not there to shoot and you are not shooting because you're trying to go revive his dumb ass so that he can start shooting again.

Whenever I am playing GP, there is always some idiot gets directly in the Primeval's grill rather than standing in the Light Well and then he fucking dies in seconds and I hate him after the other team beats us by a whisker. 

We need your damage output to win, idiot.  Every bullet matters.

Edited by J.T.

Yeah it was funny - I was watching one of Datto's videos and when talking about the Bridge and he was like "Ward of Dawn - yeah remember that ability!"

28 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah it was funny - I was watching one of Datto's videos and when talking about the Bridge and he was like "Ward of Dawn - yeah remember that ability!"

Yeah, if you're going to run Void Titan in the Reckoning, than Helm of Saint 14 or the Ursa Furiosa gauntlets are the exotics you want to have on as you will be the primary crowd controller.

Hunters can get away with not running Exotic armor if they are running Nightstalker.  Orpheus Rig can help but if everyone is doing their job there job and not being stingy with supers, there should be plenty of orbs on the ground.

I run Way of the Pathfinder / Moebius Quiver on Tier 2 and 3. 

Multiple tethers produce a shit ton of orbs when your teammate kill the snared enemies and they also help to keep the Shadow Thralls and yellow bars in check on the Bridge.  The healing buff the team gets from Strength of the Pack is almost a requirement.  

Vanish In Smoke is a tremendous help as I am usually the one making the revive runs.

Edited by J.T.

Okay there we go - a few IB matches this morning and the only thing I have left is killing dudes with abilities and that I am at 94% on.

So I should be able to knock that out after doing some actual work

11 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Okay there we go - a few IB matches this morning and the only thing I have left is killing dudes with abilities and that I am at 94% on.

So I should be able to knock that out after doing some actual work

Now that I am done with the Thorn bounty, I can swap Spectral Blades out for Blade Barrage and my ability kills should pick up. 

I was only kacking onesies or twosies while having to run Way of the Wraith to get kills with the roaming Void super and get quest progress.

Roaming Supers in D2 are a shadow of what they were in D1, but Spectral Blades at least has a beefy timer so that you have a respectable amount of time to get kills. 

The timer for Arcstaff is embarrassingly short, while the Arc supers for Warlocks and Titans seems either to last forever or are super lethal.

Edited by J.T.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Spectral Blades can go fuck themselves

It's the only decent roaming super that Hunter's have, dude, and since hit detection is shit, I am constantly overshooting my targets when I go full rapid slash.  Fortunately for me, I move too fast for anyone to get a bead on me and I can usually double back to finish the asshole off.

Arcstaff is nigh useless in PvP and Blade Barrage got a slight nerf because Whining Warlocks.

Even so, I can still be shot out of my Spectral Blades like most other classes using their supers and as fast as I can be, I cannot outrun a fucking Nova Bomb or a Chaos Reach electricity lance.

Daybreak, Chaos Reach, Nova Warp, Sentinel Shield, and Fist of Havoc.  Those supers can all eat a bag of dicks.  They are the only supers I cannot consistently counter with one of my own.

Every time I actually win a Light vs. Light battle against Fist of Havoc by using Spectral Blades, I either get a Hate PM or I get reported for cheating.

Edited by J.T.

Used one of the Wolf coins for IB last night. 700 is pretty damn useful. So many were murdered by my hunter last night though I think I would have done fine even w/o the coin since the team I played against just wasn't the brightest with too many running off on their own.

Currently at 681 with my top gear. I tried doing Tier 2 once this weekend, but that didn't end well with guys disappearing. Will try again tonight along with hopefully doing enough IB to finish up some powerful bounties.

It would have helped you out a decent bit depending on how far down you are power wise.

Just finished up a bunch of IB so I could finish out my weeklies. Did all but one. I like the percentage change to iB bounties. Make things go by a bit quicker. Beyond that it was not a good night though not a horrible one. I didn't see too many victories, but none of the games were outright slaughters either. My team just kept coming close but missing out by anywhere from 2-10. At least one of those times I swear the game might have glitched a bit and either given the other team kills they didn't do or not count my last few kills which totally happened before time was up. Another time I missed out hitting my super just barely. Those lucky bastards would lost with 2-3 more seconds on the clock since I took out 3-4 of them after. Also noticed my regular melee seemed to glitch out several times. My attack kept sending me in directions away from the enemy. At least once I think it glitched me behind a wall (also the one time it was kind of useful and didn't fuck me  over). I did manage to end the night with a win so I can complain too much.

Currently in the mid 680s power wise. IB got me to complete the first Crucible portion of Last Word and the only Crucible portion of the Thorn so I will probably try to advance both of those some time this week.

I knocked out the last of my IB bounties this morning.   I was kinda annoyed.  I figured that Saladin wouldn't let you take the new emblem without having any Weight kills, but the flavor text just says that you only have to clear the weekly bounties. 

I'm sorta pissed that I worked on IB shit rather than grind out a Corrupted Nightfall Strike so hopefully it will repeat this coming week.

I'm up to 700 LIght for most of my gear and my lifetime PvP ER is back up to 1.59. 

Now I can start masterworking the stuff I want to keep and shred / find replacements for the rest.  I like most of my guns, but the perk synergy for some of my armor is horrible, so I suspect I'll be double dipping in the Reckoning trying to get a set of Notorious Collector gear and min / maxing the perks on my Notorious Reaper set.

Priority this week will go to completing the Thorn quest (ugh.... Chasm of Screams... ugh...) and continuing my Ascendant Challenge redemption tour and collecting those eggs and bones.

Edited by J.T.

Assuming the backend maintenance doesn't fuck things up too much tonight - take 20 minutes to run at least this first Drifter mission with me

And unlock this forge with me

And run the special version of the Corrupted strike

?

Assuming the backend maintenance doesn't fuck things up too much tonight - take 20 minutes to run at least this first Drifter mission with me.

The Gambit Prime match part or the Reckoning part?  You don't have to win the GP match and you have guaranteed matchmaking, but I will roll with you to the Haul for the Reckoning part because matchmaking can stick you with some real potatoes for teammates.

And unlock this forge with me.

Izanami Forge or Bergusia Forge?   The fetchits are a pain in the ass, but you're just fighting boss critters for the unlock missions, so you should be okay.  If I soloed that shit, so can you.

I will roll with you when you're ready to forge a weapon frame because like the Reckoning, I've seen quite a few AFK shitheads running around doing forge ignitions lately.

Naturally the first thing they do when they get back is quit out.

I don't understand how you can be AFK during a Forge Ignitions or competitive PvP content.  Just log off, asshole.

And run the special version of the Corrupted strike

Yes, I will run that with you to keep you from ripping out what little hair you have left.  That strike was a fucking tribulation in digital form.

Edited by J.T.

No - I was talking the first Drifter mission after siding with him (over the Vanguard). Wasn't sure if you wanted to tag along to see what happened (or if you just watched videos)

Izanami Forge - but yeah it is the one where I have to kill the dude on Earth for Spyder. No the actual forge itself. I am just being lazy.

25 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

No - I was talking the first Drifter mission after siding with him (over the Vanguard). Wasn't sure if you wanted to tag along to see what happened (or if you just watched videos).

Yep. Already hit up Ishtar Collective for the Side With The Drifter stuff.  I'm good with being called Snitch for the rest of the season.

25 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Izanami Forge - but yeah it is the one where I have to kill the dude on Earth for Spyder. No the actual forge itself. I am just being lazy.

Yeah, you might need help with that shit.  I should be at the crib around five or so and definitely on around six after I eat dinner and get the dogs squared away.

And I also finished Friday's Invitation bounty from Xur and yeah, the worst kept secret of the game has been confirmed,

Spoiler

Mara Sov is an agent of the Nine and apparently they don't have a lot of confidence in her

Your eyes do not deceive you.  The "statue" of Mara in the distance is moving.  Her head turns ever so slightly so that she's always facing you.

Edited by J.T.

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

And I also finished Friday's Invitation bounty from Xur and yeah, the worst kept secret of the game has been confirmed,

Was that really a secret? I mean the game made it obvious she was working with them during one of your visits.