DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

11 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I bought the new Invitation bounty before heading into work this afternoon.  Here's hoping that its fixed.

If it is the one called "The Tower" they said it will be fixed in the patch that drops on Tuesday

That is the same patch where the are dropping the Verdant Light: Competitive Triumph orb total.

Here is the part that will enrage JT. They aren't dropping it 20. They are dropping it TO 20.

10 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

.Here is the part that will enrage JT. They aren't dropping it 20. They are dropping it TO 20.

Now that is a bunch of bullshit right there.  

Oh, well.  I got mine the old school way and I wouldn't be surprised if people that were shit in the Crucible still moaned about having to get their orbs from PvP.

10 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

If it is the one called "The Tower" they said it will be fixed in the patch that drops on Tuesday

So I have to wait until Tuesday to work on a bounty that dropped today.

Now that is a bunch of bullshit right there. 

Edited by J.T.

I suppose so.  I just don't understand why the bounty can't be hotfixed before the end of the weekend.

Does the bounty fix REALLY need to be bundled with everything else in the Reset Day patch?

I need to hit up Bungie Rewards and claim my Super Kills Revelry emblem.  I think I have until the 7th.

Edited by J.T.

Just had the newest (and probably) worst Crucible match JT would have loathed

Ran up against a six man (all rom the UE Spade clan) but not only that - they were all running as Hunter Nightstalkers

So many tethers and invisibility 

I am rarely bitch about matchmaking but a team like that shouldn’t get to face solo queres. You want to be that coordinated - your asses can wait

Yeah, I'd have hated that. 

What weapons were they packing or did they even bother firing guns at all and resorted Voidwall / Vortex grenade spam instead?

Bungie really does need to fix Matchmaking.  They need to do better at paring up stacks.  I'm sure there was another six-man out there in the ether they could've put against that team instead of grabbing randos into the queue.

Oh no - they weren't grenade spammers.

They clearly had picked the melee regen bonus as they were all running Way of the Trapper

So much dodging to go invisible.

Two dudes were running shotguns (so they would come up behind while invisible). One had Parcel of Stardust. I don't think I saw the other one.

One dude was sniping with the Long Goodbye

I also definitely saw one dude using Bygones

That strat actually sounds pretty nasty, but that speaks to the power of running as a coordinated six-man.

You couldn't pull something like that off as a solo.

I had a pretty good lucky streak today before heading in to the office.. 

Got on a couple of win streaks for Gambit and Crucible matches and finished those respective Weekly Challenges, so now all I have left to do is finish the Weekly Challenges for the Nightfall and the Reckoning. 

I think one more Tier 3 run will get the Reckoning and I need two runs for the Collect & Conquer helmet bounty.

I'll do my best to get a Flawless Reckoning run against the Swords and get the Arc Avoidance triumph from the Hallowed Lair, but I won't be terribly broken hearted if it doesn't happen.

Edited by J.T.

Well, shit.  The last 4 Ahamkara Bones I need to get are in the Shattered Throne dungeon.  The strongest week of the Curse is going to be pretty interesting. 

Hopefully I will have a set of 700 unpurified Reverie Dawn armor by then because I want to knock out a couple of Purification Rituals as well as one or two triumphs.

Fuck.  I was THIS CLOSE to going deathless against the Swords in the Reckoning but I got thwacked by a Cursed Thrall chain reaction explosion with like a second before the rest of the team brought down the second Sword.

There are no words for the rage I felt.  It was my own damned fault.

I finally have a full set if Notorious Collector Armor ready to go for Gambit Prime next week.  I am looking forward to the Giant Blockers I will send over provided my team can protect me long enough to collect 20 motes without stealing them from me.

I have enough extra Reaper synths to try a few more times to get a Deathless run before the current modifiers run out.  I seem to have better luck staying alive when Attrition is the bad modifier instead of Prism or Blackout.  Prism diminishes the amount of DPS you can do to the Knights and of course Blackout allows them to kill everyone in one shot.

Trying to get a deathless run against the Swords is fucking infuriating.  It's a matter of luck IMO under normal conditions, but I may get it done during the Revelry if I keep trying.

I think my best bets are to either run Nightstalker and spam Vanish in Smoke or run as a Arcstrider with Ashes to Assets hand feed my super with grenade spam.

I should just give in to the meta and get either my Wardcliff Coil or Prospector out of the vault and bring one of them with me when I make another Reckoning run.  I think I need to get one of them (or both) up to 700 first before I go messing around in the Haul.

Edited by J.T.

Turned in the last of my Revelry Essences to Eva and didn't get shit for them.  Good bye, Spring event.  I unlocked my Bungie Rewards emblem for the event at the last minute just for the sake of completion.

Farewell, beloved grenade spam.  I guess I will have to get back to running my usual Spectral Blades / Gwisin Vest douchebag load out again.

The bad modifier for the Reckoning after the 1PM reset was Blackout, so I said "Fuck that."  No way was I going to get a Deathless run when the mod allows the Swords to one shot the entire group even inside of a Well of Radiance.

I'll just have to get lucky in two weeks when the Swords are back in rotation.

I used Ninja Pups's guide to locate the remaining nine Corrupted Eggs I had left to shoot in the Dreaming City.  THREE MORE LORE ENTRIE TRIUMPHS~!  FUCK YEAH~!

I know there are a bunch of Corrupted Eggs in the Last Wish raid, but I have too many left for those to be the only eggs I still have to shoot so my days with Ascendant Challenges are not over quite yet.

All of the remaining Ahamkara Bones I have left to get are in the Shattered Throne dungeon so that is more in my immediate future than a Last Wish raid / Corrupted Egg run.

The only Crystalized Thoughts I have gathered are the ones I have found by accident.  Eventually I'll have to systematically gather those fetchits as well.

I also hit up LFG last night and did the Hollowed Lair as a Nightfall last night to check off the Invitation block as well as the 100K score block.

Our final score was just shy of 220K and I gad no idea that none of the randos I was with got hit by lightning so we all got the Arc Avoidance triumph.  I realized that when the Friend's List requests rolled in.

My invitation bounty is ready for this patch to drop during today's hard reset so that I can get those Vex kills in Warden of Nothing.  Here's hoping that it is also a Nightfall this week so that I can double dip again like I did with Hollowed Lair.

The only Nightfall challenge I have left is for the Pyramidion, so hopefully it is also up this week and I can just throw on Arc Singe / Heavyweight to grind out the triumph.

I'll be working on a full set of Notorious Sentry armor this week as well as getting a win while dressed in this FABULOUS set of Notorious Collector armor that I have assembled.  I must say that the white snake livery on the armor and white aura over my Guardian's head goes wonderfully with his skull face paint.

I've got a pair of Notorious Invader boots in my Vault.  They don't have Traction but that's okay, since the only thing I expect to do with my Invader armor is Invade while playing Gambit or Gambit Prime.. 

I'll need to make myself an Exotic helmet (Wormhusk Crown?) from my Collections to use with the Notorious Invader armor pieces I wear during Gambit Prime matches until I eventually complete one of those dumb Helmet bounties and get a Notorious Invader helmet.

Edited by J.T.

A little disappointed that I never got a Revelry chest piece for my Warlock so I could have a complete set.

I did finally get a full EP clearly with my Warlock so that was nice. STILL need more Valkyrie multi-kills (that was hard last night since everyone was fighting over it due to Ana having the bounty)

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

A little disappointed that I never got a Revelry chest piece for my Warlock so I could have a complete set.

Why didn't you just burn some Bright Dust to buy the Vernal Growth chest armor that Tess sold last week?

Sure, you would've had to infuse it to get it up to your current light, but at least you've have had uniform aesthetics.

You wouldn't have had to get it up to current light to run the forest since the encountet only had a Light cap of 200.  You might have been able to get away with running the robe at 10 Light.

Edited by J.T.

51 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Why didn't you just burn some Bright Dust to buy the Vernal Growth chest armor that Tess sold last week?

Sure, you would've had to infuse it to get it up to your current light, but at least you've have had uniform aesthetics.

You wouldn't have had to get it up to current light to run the forest since the encountet only had a Light cap of 200.  You might have been able to get away with running the robe at 10 Light.

Because I stupidly thought it would just drop for me naturally (my sample size was flawed since I got a full set on my Titan before the dupes started)

Instead I got like 5 straight gauntlets

I got a shit ton of helmets early on.  I was about to buy the Vernal Growth chest armor when I got it from a prize package I bought from Eva while trying to get the last ornament. which I never got.  

In retrospect, I feel fortunate to have gotten the chest armor drop.

I was also dumb and didn't buy either of the event sparrows.  I did get the Mayfly jumpship and the girly ghost shells from engrams over the week, though.

Edited by J.T.

Cimmerian Garrison is the AC for the week.

I'm fairly certain I already have the lore from this AC so once again, I will run an AC purely for the speed trial attempt..

There is platforming involved so there is a good chance that I may fail miserably, but at least I know the route this time and I also have ST0MP-E55 boots to help with the jumps.

Rippa, this is one of those ACs that you can farm for Knights for your delinquent Purification Ritual.

Edited by J.T.

You mean my like 4 PRs I need to do.

I really hope next week isn't an "event" week since I realized I will miss a decent chunk of it due to apartment renovations.

25 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

You mean my like 4 PRs I need to do.

I really hope next week isn't an "event" week since I realized I will miss a decent chunk of it due to apartment renovations.

This is a Double Infamy week.

The Season of Opulence will begin sometime in June so the last IB of the season should be sometime in the next two weeks.

D3 should launch in 2020 so hopefully by then I will have gotten mostly caught up on back content as I have only been on two of the three Leviathan raids and have seen no parts of Last Wish or Scourge.

I will be three raids behind when Opulence launches.

Four, actually, but I will chose to ignore the killer of fun that is Spire of Stars.

Edited by J.T.

This might be the week I pop back over to Horizon Zero Dawn since there is no "activity" going on if you will.

Granted I still have shit to do - like I am almost at the last part of unlocking Izanami where I know I need help.

Not to mention the special version of The Corrupted

And fuck - I haven't even done any Drifter missions since siding with him.

Though Double Infamy is nice because I just got to the part where I need to do 25 Rumble and 25 Competitive matches

Finished what I could with Revelry yesterday. Got Arbalest & a full set of armor, but I never did get any ornaments. I do feel like an idiot though since I forgot to turn in all of my damn essence before the reset.