DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Being back on Titan this week is a disappointment

Flashpoint is in the EDZ this week..

The newly introduced Outbreak Prime / Outbreak Perfected exotic weapon mission starts at the Heroic Mission marker on Titan.

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

No it is on Titan - I just did it last night

Then something must be weird because the Flashpoint maker is on Earth.  I finished it  this morning..

The Heroic Mission marker on Titan is supposed to be the start point for the new exotic weapon mission that came with the reset patch.

18 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Though Double Infamy is nice because I just got to the part where I need to do 25 Rumble and 25 Competitive matches.

You earn Valor and Glory respectively from Rumble and Comp.

Infamy is Gambit / Gambit Prime rep.

Edited by J.T.

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

You earn Valor and Glory respectively from Rumble and Comp.

Infamy is Gambit / Gambit Prime rep.

I was being sarcastic that Infamy was this week since I should be spending the time in Rumble and Competitve

18 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I was being sarcastic that Infamy was this week since I should be spending the time in Rumble and Competitve

Aha, I am dumb and have no sense of humor when it is IAVA time in the server room.

Sooooo many patches to install.

Just now, RIPPA said:

Oh JT you are so going to hate this special mission

I have seen the vids and hate it with the fire of a thousand suns.

I already have the nodes done so I am committed to this folly because OCD demands I get that shit out of my Pursuits queue.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am assuming the nodes is what you thought the FP was

No, when you pick up the Fallen Transponder in the mission on Titan, you have to go to several Lost Sectors to find Fallen Signal Nodes to repair the Transponder.

Ironically, you get FP credit for the EDZ if you clear the EDZ Lost Sectors while doing the mission.  The last two Transponder Nodes are on Nessus, though.

Once the Transponder is operational again, you get access to the new Outbreak Prime mission after you chat with the Fallen Captain you (hopefully) spared in that one mission on Titan when you chose to obliterate the Knight that he was fighting instead of him.

Most people have forgotten what they did in that mission many moons ago, so the devs decided not to strictly enforce the outcome of anyone's specific encounter tree.  Thank God this isn't Mass Effect.

I have learned my lesson from the ACs and have a dedicated pair of ST0MP-E55 boots for shit that requires heavy platforming.

Edited by J.T.

Oh I know - I watched the videos too.

I am just trying to figure out why you had/thought the FP was on the EDZ and the only thing I could think of was markers for the nodes

I legit forgot the dude existed... or the Farm for that matter too.

26 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Oh I know - I watched the videos too.

I am just trying to figure out why you had/thought the FP was on the EDZ and the only thing I could think of was markers for the nodes

I legit forgot the dude existed... or the Farm for that matter too.

Last weeks update splash after the Friday reset said that the EDZ was going to be the next Flashpoint site and Doubles was the going to be the featured PvP game mode.

I finished the EDZ Flashpoint this morning and got my shit from Devram Kay.

Sloan had no FP marker on her after reset:  at least she didn't on my console..  The only mission marker available on Titan was the Heroic Mission starting point for the new exotic weapon quest.  I'm guessing that there is some weird bug going on.  I should check to see if there are two active Flashpoints going on this week.

I probably won't get to the EW mission this week since I am taking off next Monday to get some shit done around my house. 

I've been on swing shift for the past week and a half and I need to get in some time with the family and get my crib in order.  My brother, sister, and I are sending my mom to Dover for the weekend so she can get her gamble on.

Meanwhile, me and my and boo are going to get some couple's massages on Saturday and everyone is headed to National Harbor for Mother's Day dinner

Next payday cannot come soon enough...

Edited by J.T.

Well, I'm going to use some comp time to bail around lunchtime and get some yardwork done at my mom's before I bounce for the weekend.  I need to get the front yard cut before it rains later on today.  if the weather is not so bad tomorrow, I'll do the back yard.

No. The riding lawnmower isn't working.  I'm doing it the hard way with a push mower because it builds character.

Mom's pretty much been bedridden for the past three days.  Hypertension and fibromyalgia can eat a bag of goat dicks.

Once I'm gone sweating my ass off in the front yard, I'll get some more shit done in D2.  I'll try to run through the first Outbreak Perfection mission, but I'll probably end up rage quitting and moving on to try to get a Gambit Prime win while wearing my full Notorious Collector armor set.

Edited by J.T.

I am working from home so I will be on and off all day - I have to clean and pack basically my entire apartment so they can paint and carpet next week so I am in hell.

I see the new exotic quest is another that I will never complete. It doesn't look as bad as Whisper did, but still pretty damn annoying while the catalyst heroic version looks even worse. I'm just happy none of this shit is for weapons I use regularly yet like hand cannons and auto-rifles.

I tried to run the route yesterday three times.  Didn't fail miserably, but still failed. 

• Nearly everything in the combat segments has an elemental barrier AND is also a yellow bar.  You will not get by them and save time by being conservative, you have to go balls out and let the ammo drops fall where they may.  The shit may as well be Match Game because the barriers take forever to drop if you don't have a corresponding energy weapon to bring them down.  This is the first time that my 700 Hard Light has come out of the vault and it was definitely a life saver.  I would recommend bringing one since it takes Primary.  Borealis and the Arbalest are also good weapons to bring along as barrier breakers IF your have Special Ammo perks on your armor to keep your bullet count square.  Since you're fighting the Fallen and will get constantly pelted by Arc weapons, Riskrunner is also an excellent weapon to bring along.
  • The platforming parts are not as ridiculous as the Whisper, but they are still pretty bad.  Hunters must accept that they have shitty jumps and ST0MP-E55s are just about mandatory.  There are things like ramps put in place like extendable ramps to help not so great platformers traverse some parts of the structure, but the shit is still pretty hard.  You need to be extremely familiar with the route in order to make good time.  Warlocks will probably be the advance scouts to pop switches so that the rest of the team can follow since they can fucking fly and whatnot.

My teams made it as far as the Fans Of Death before we said, "Fuck it."  I feel that I can do this the more familiar I get with the shortcuts in the platforming section, but the question is if my OCD is up to the task of keeping me interested in getting the weapon as frustration over multiple failures begins to mount?

We shall see.

Edited by J.T.

I tried to run the route yesterday.  Didn't fail miserably, but still failed.   Made it a little further along each time, but never made it to the boss. 

• Nearly everything in the combat segments has an elemental barrier AND is also a yellow bar.  You will not get by them and save time by being conservative, you have to go balls out and let the ammo drops fall where they may.  The shit may as well be Match Game because the barriers take forever to drop if you don't have a corresponding energy weapon to bring them down.  This is the first time that my 700 Hard Light has come out of the vault and it was definitely a life saver.  I would recommend bringing one since it takes Primary.  Borealis and the Arbalest are also good weapons to bring along as barrier breakers IF your have Special Ammo perks on your armor to keep your bullet count square.  Since you're fighting the Fallen and will get constantly pelted by Arc weapons, Riskrunner is also an excellent weapon to bring along.
  • The platforming parts are not as ridiculous as the Whisper, but they are still pretty bad.  Hunters must accept that they have shitty jumps and ST0MP-E55s are just about mandatory.  There are things like ramps put in place like extendable ramps to help not so great platformers traverse some parts of the structure, but the shit is still pretty hard.  You need to be extremely familiar with the route in order to make good time.  Warlocks will probably be the advance scouts to pop switches so that the rest of the team can follow since they can fucking fly and whatnot.

My teams made it as far as the Fans Of Death before we said, "Fuck it."  I feel that I can do this the more familiar I get with the shortcuts in the platforming section, but the question is if my OCD is up to the task of keeping me interested in getting the weapon as frustration over multiple failures begins to mount?

We shall see.

I really don't see why the platforming part needs to be so lethal since it is so fucking tricky to find your way through.  Between the complexity of the maze and the added pressure of a time constraint, the encounter is plenty hard enough without the insta death sections of the platforming part that cost you precious seconds waiting for respawn.

That being said, there are plenty of folks running around with the new weapon, so they are proof that it can be done and maybe I should just quit moaning and gain more familiarity with the map.

Edited by J.T.

Datto flat out said you have to run it with a coordinated fireteam because of the enemies

At least with the platforming - there are sections where a teammates can get ahead of you and flip a switch and then you have platforms to help your jumping (instead of using tiny ledges)

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Datto flat out said you have to run it with a coordinated fireteam because of the enemies

At least with the platforming - there are sections where a teammates can get ahead of you and flip a switch and then you have platforms to help your jumping (instead of using tiny ledges)

Datto is right, but technically it's not because of the combat.

Like the Whisper mission, the encounter doesn't pull your straggling fireteam members forward when you reach the boss and the more time you have to DPS the room, the better.

Coordination is more important during the platforming, IMO, to keep everyone on the right route to the finish.  Every bullet fired can mean the difference between success and failure, so you need all hands for the last push.

My team breezed through the first combat section with few issues because we were packing weapons like Hard Light, Arbalest, and Borealis.  We didn't really have to call out barrier types like you normally do when Match Game is up because we all had weapons capable of breaking any elemental barrier we came up against.

We lost the most time to the jumping puzzles and the needlessly lethal obstacle course.  Getting back on track from a wrong turn is punishing, especially since some of the dead ends will kill you and take away even more precious seconds to respawn time.

But your mileage may vary.  You may have a squad of guys who are excellent platformers so they won't need to talk as much during the jumps, but they will call out adds and bullet counts to let each other know how they're doing on heavy or when they are about to pop one of their supers.

Of course, everyone should have their eyes on the clock and should call it out if seconds are ticking away and they need to go big and push for the final clear before time expires.

It's everything you hate about a raid condensed into 20 minutes.  FUN~!

Edited by J.T.

Meanwhile I won three straight competitive matches (and played well in all of them) for the first time ever and am now completely terrified to play Competitive again.

Rumble was a mixed bag.

But I am rotating Crucible match types with Gambit as I work on various bounties at once (in addition to taking advantage of double Infamy)

21 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Meanwhile I won three straight competitive matches (and played well in all of them) for the first time ever and am now completely terrified to play Competitive again.

Rumble was a mixed bag.

But I am rotating Crucible match types with Gambit as I work on various bounties at once (in addition to taking advantage of double Infamy)

As you get better in Comp, the quality and sweatiness of your competition will get better... worse..... You know what I mean.

That is why I never bother with PvP pinnacle weapon quests.  Only Luna's Howl / Not Forgotten is really worth the grind for the performance output and it's got a nerf coming on the horizon.  The Recluse is a very solid gun that will kill you quickly, but it is nowhere near as game tipping as the Howl is.

I would probably play more Rumble now that I am getting better at Spectral Blades cheese in Quickplay if it weren't for the fact that there is no new idea under the sun and I suspect that nearly every Hunter playing Rumble is either a Blade Barrage asshole or a Spectral Blades douchebag like me.

Edited by J.T.

The only reason I doing it is because I have that quest step that requires 25 Quickplay, 25 Comp and 25 Rumble. Lord knows if I remember what the eventual reward is.

If nothing else - I am knocking out some Triumphs that I hadn't even thought about.

I am not gonna complain for getting another Gold Tier Triumph for a Perfect Game

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The only reason I doing it is because I have that quest step that requires 25 Quickplay, 25 Comp and 25 Rumble. Lord knows if I remember what the eventual reward is.

You know that the next step is getting FIVE Valor rollovers in one season, right?

I sure hope you like PvP because you're going to be playing a lot of it in the Season of Opulence since there is no way you're going to get five Valor rollovers before the Season of the Drifter ends.

Edited by J.T.

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Oh God Dammit!

That's this one?

I thought that was on the other one I have that requires Hand Cannon kills in competitive

Yeah, you're working on the Redrix's Broadsword pulse rifle quest.

Here's what you need to do for the Luna's Howl hand cannon quest:

• Complete ten competitive matches. ...
  • Kill 150 enemies in the competitive playlist with Hand Cannons.
  • Get 200 Solar kills in the competitive playlist.
  • Complete 3 Rumble matches.
  • Get 100 precision kills using Hand Cannons in competitive.
  • Reach the rank of “Fabled” in the Glory enabled playlist.
Edited by J.T.