DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

In poking around I discovered that apparently Earn Your Badge is only broken for Sara Ryder not Scott

Which would explain why I was able to complete it on my first playthrough

Had a better look at the Krogan Vanguard. Whereas before, you entered Rage by killing multiple times with a Melee, now it's any sort of kill at short range. So Charge, Nova and Weapon kills count as well. And the pulsing veins on the screen look cooler, too.

1 minute ago, AxB said:

Had a better look at the Krogan Vanguard. Whereas before, you entered Rage by killing multiple times with a Melee, now it's any sort of kill at short range. So Charge, Nova and Weapon kills count as well. And the pulsing veins on the screen look cooler, too.

That's probably the case for all Krogan now and how they will make the Gladiator not suck without changing its powers.

1 hour ago, Robert C said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Somebody is gonna have to check on melraz, even though he did see this coming.

Son of a bitch why does this game have to fix things that are broken. First the adept now the vanguard. The dirty bastards. I just wanna punch shit and live. 

Shit and the juggernaut shield. I may go back to los santos.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, melraz09 said:

Son of a bitch why does this game have to fix things that are broken. First the adept now the vanguard. The dirty bastards. I just wanna punch shit and live. 

Shit and the juggernaut shield. I may go back to los santos.

On the plus side, they did more than double the damage from headbutts.

• Like 1

If you don't want to use the Juggernaut Shield with your Kroguard, use the Adaptive War Amp instead. +30% Damage to Charge & Nova.

• Like 2

I got cocky on the new map with a Hydra earlier and he snatched me up and insta-killed me while I laughed and apologized to teammates who couldn't hear me. That was fun.

When "I got this shit" goes wrong...

• Like 5

They added little icons to show how to get out of the Nomad or to extract back to the Tempest.

That would have been more helpful 200 hours ago

The Character Creator V 1.08 still disappoints.  The facial textures are much better but the hair and other customization options are still rather meh. 

The improvements to multiplayer are tremendous, IMO..

• I love the Premium packs set up so that you can either try to unlock new characters or new firearms.  Gone are the days of turning over your card hoping for a new character and muttering "Fuck,  an Inferno upgrade," under your breath.  This does not address the database as you will still receive horrible shit from packs that will make you believe that the devs are fucking with you on purpose.
  • I like the new map and the new enemies.  It is going to be a bitch to find a defensible spot on the map other than the LZ when this eventually becomes a Gold APEX map.  The Rokaar do NOT fuck around.  They will send THREE (3) Hydras after your ass in later waves and their Snipers have yellow AND blue bars.  Tech Skirmish and Hyper Shields are the stips for the current Bronze APEX mission in the queue, so don't bring a pure Biotic or a pure Combat character.
  • KROGANS ARE BACK, BABY~!  Like AxB said, any short range kill fuels Blood Rage.  This makes the KroGuard and KroMerc feel particularly game breaking and awesome as you can stay in a near constant state of Health Regeneration if you keep busy during the fight and having a really good shotgun helps a lot.  The Engineer sadly does not generate enough murder up close to benefit from Rage too much, but you can take her out for a spin on the new map since the stips are pro Tech.  The Gladiator becomes slightly less shitty thanks to the improvements to Blood Rage that make Pull / Melee more viable, but I still think that Backlash would be more useful and thematically better for the class.
  • The HUD have been given more functionality.  The WAITING ON YOU~! bar is bigger and it turns a very cheerful amber color and bleeps to let you know that you're being a slow ass.
  • Like 1

Summary of last night's purchases:

Arsenal packs bought - 2

Terrible rare shotguns received - 1

Semi-useful rare pistols received - 1

Shotgun barrel upgrades received - 2

Yep, clearly this was a massive improvement.

• Like 4

I bought a Personnel pack last night and it upgraded my Krogan Gladiator so yeah, someone needs to take a look at the difference engine that runs the fucking database.

I was on a Bronze APEX mission this morning that had Hand-To-Hand as the stip  Three players (including me) were Krogan (two Vanguards and I was the Merc) and one player was an Asari Duelist. 

No one fired their gun during Wave 1. I got my Bronze Melee Kill medal in two or three minutes.

This was the first time I've killed an Ascendant by headbutting it to death after destroying its orb with my Flamethrower and Flak Cannon.

I also extracted from a Silver APEX mission (Shotgun Skirmish of all things) against Outlaws last night where I was the lowbie Level 10 KroGuard playing with two Level 15's (Salarian Operator & Asari Sentinel) and a Level 20 (Salarian Architect). 

I was the top points leader by miles.  Gold Melee Kills medal and Silver Biotic and Shotgun Kills medals.

Melraz will be VERY happy with the changes to the KroGuard.

• Like 1

Yes, I liked the kroguard. I figured they screwed it up but we ran a gold just before bed last, uh this morning. It was good. I like the human vanguard too. Probably get the female version goin once I get the male to 20. 

• Like 1

Oh, and the return of the Daily Challenge appears to be broken.

There was a challenge in my Prestige queue that called for me to complete 14 waves on Gold difficulty.  I did it yesterday and I haven't gotten a new "daily challenge" for today.

The reward was 30 Mission Funds (which is a lot), so I am assuming this is more of a misnamed Weekly Challenge or it refreshes every 24 hours so maybe I have to wait until this evening to do another.

I got one this morning for earning points against Outlaws. I couldn't do the Gold Waves one last night, because when I spotted it, it only had 14 minutes before it expired.

Got the two star Weapon Mods up to levels 8, 9, 10, 9 ,10, 10, 10 and 10. Soon I won't need to buy an Advanced pack ever again.

Ran 2 silvers last night to get an Arsenal pack.  Got a sniper rifle I won't use and sniper rifle barrel V

Actually, had to run 3 silvers because this happened in the first one:

• Join 3 guys in progress vs outlaws towards end of level 2
  • Notice 2 are down and go revive em
  • Figure out something is very wrong when I charge something and get pulled back halfway to where I started
  • Get killed because a grenade lands at my feet, and I am totally unable to move
  • Get revived, and we clear out round 2 somehow
  • Start wave 3 - uploads
  • I go to one of the uploads.  Another guy joins me.  He gets killed very quickly.  Host start bitching at him on his mic.  I mute the host.
  • I get killed again because I can't move.
  • 3rd guy dies and leaves the mission
  • Host dies.
  • Another 4th joins, dies and leaves.
  • Yet another guy joins and dies.  He sticks around.
  • We all stay dead for several minutes.  Upload timer beeps several times, but never expires, though we're well past the 5 minute mark.
  • Finally get the host dropped screen.  
  • Restart at beginning of wave 3, with me and the 2 remaining guys from the previous wave 3.  
  • We get a hack.  I clear it by myself, since my 2 teammates are too dumb to come to the hack.  We pick up a 4th and end of round 3.
  • Proceed to clear waves 4 - 7 easily.
  • Match ends.  Everybody extracts.  Mission scores never come up.  We eventually go back to the lobby.
  • I exit out, look at my Apex credits and realize I didn't get any for all that shit.