DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

God - the Pull/Throw combo really is unfair especially at the higher levels

As soon as a fight starts I grab two guys and all the scrap around (which usually includes one explosive) and fling and BOOM~!

25 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

God - the Pull/Throw combo really is unfair especially at the higher levels

As soon as a fight starts I grab two guys and all the scrap around (which usually includes one explosive) and fling and BOOM~!

The downside being that Biotics only shine when you're up against red bars.

If you're a Biotic and you're up against shielded enemies or yellow bars, a good Tech guy, especially an Engineer that knows when NOT to self detonate his combos, is your best friend.

The worst person you can have on a Gold team is an overachieving Biotic, especially a Kineticist, because they'll be so busy trying to detonate combos that they fucking levitate EVERYONE and pull enemies out of your field of fire.

Then they die because they draw too much aggro and don't have the Barrier strength to survive being zerged.

Yeah - that really isn't an issue because the Remnant VI has already completely wasted their shields while I am tossing fools around

And again - I am talking higher levels - so my Ryder is speced to rip through everything

The only thing that is a challenge are Hydras. They are the only things I just shoot a cobra at because I just want to spend the time killing it normally.

22 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - that really isn't an issue because the Remnant VI has already completely wasted their shields while I am tossing fools around.

This is the benefit of having nine billion power load outs available in Campaign mode.

Biotics are beasts in MP against reds.  Against blues and yellows, not so much without a good Tech guy or an elemental ammo mod.

The only thing that is a challenge are Hydras. They are the only things I just shoot a cobra at because I just want to spend the time killing it normally.

You have Drack in your party so you should be shredding Hydras at higher levels.

You should be scoring Fire Combos at will when he uses his Tech abilities and you follow up with your Biotic detonators.

He also does extra damage to Armor when raging if you specced him that way.

Plus - I know not to use fucking Liam

A mistake that you have made more than once

Not sure why, but Liam's AI was pretty on point in my Eos Vault redux.  I detonated Tech Combos off of his Havoc Strike quite a few times.  More than I am used to.

I am sure that he will either do something in the story that will enrage me or start lobbing inappropriate grenades again and find himself permanently guarding the CiC with Peebee while Cora, Jaal, and I are out on mission.

melraz and I ran that damned pistol skirmish gold strike team 3 times last night.  Failed it on wave 6 the first time.  Passed it the second, and then drug Stout back to clear it again.

First run wipe was on upload.  We tried to get all 3 uploads at the same time, which was probably a mistake.  I got shrink wrapped early, and everything went downhill from there, though I still don't understand why melraz couldn't finish it.  All he had to do was clear the last two uploads on his own, while fighting off an Ascendant, a Fiend and 10000 other Kett.  Surely that's not too much to ask.

Second run was the nearest run thing I've seen where we actually extracted.  Well, most of us anyway.  We ran it with 2 guys that had Apex ratings around 11-13K.  One was damn good, and was an amazing teammate.  The other sucked, and was an even worse teammate.  Crap guy only came down off his sniping perch for waves 3 and 6, got killed both times, and never revived himself.  He got killed in his perch on waves 1, 2, 4, 5 and 7 and never revived then either.  I tried to get to him once and couldn't get all the way up there before he timed out.  After that we just said fuck it.

Wave 3 assassinations was crazy.  Crap guy came down for once and promptly got killed.  I got shrink wrapped trying to revive his sorry ass.  melraz got shrink wrapped a little later.  That left our one teammate, Famous Anus, to clear the remaining 1 or 2 assassinations and also finish off the remaining Kett, including an Ascendant.  Melraz gave me play by play, and I tried not to cry from laughing, while we watched that poor bastard give it his all.  He used all 5 revives to finish off the targets.  Then he somehow managed to deal with what had to be another 25 Kett, before he finally got em all.  

Wave 6 was more insanity.  Crap guy died early again, melraz, Famous and I ran the uploads one at a time, handling them as a group.  That seems to be the way to do it on gold.  It was still awful close.  There was at least once where all 3 of us were dead, and probably morre than once.  Famous didn't have any revives, so we had to stay on top of him to keep him around  Having a fiend sitting in the first upload zone didn't help matters.  We were out of just about everything by the end of the wave.

Wave 7 wasn't too bad except for crap guy getting killed of course and not extracting.  melraz ran around in circles hurdling fiends.  I did a lot of running myself.  

Our third run, with Stout and some guy with an apex rating of 25000 was really smooth by comparison.  We had a few deaths, but it really never felt like we were in danger of not finishing.  Got a full extraction on that one.

My reward for all that - an AR barrel and the third drop of a crappy sniper rifle I'll never use.

• Like 3

I had a similar experience in my Gold run yesterday as my Kineticist.

Wave 3 was Devices, thank God.  Normally I hate Devices but in a Gold match where not not standing still and getting autokilled is essential, Devices was not a bad draw.  The Fiends and Ascendants aggroed on other players which left me time to disarm shit and use Pull / Throw on the occasional red bar that would start shooting at me.

Wave 6 Assassinations was batshit insane.  A Fiend aggroed on me at the beginning of the wave, so I spent a full minute trying to shake him while the other players were fucking wasting time trying to kill the target Ascendant with conventional weapons.   I looped around the map and nuked it with a Cobra and then preceded to kill Target 2 with a Cobra.  Mother fuckers got with the program and used RPGs to kill the last two targets and then we dealt with everything else once the money guys were down.

We almost had a party wipe on Extraction. I burned the last three Cobras in my rack to guarantee my survival.  There was no way I was going to die in a party wipe one getaway from a 90 point Rare Achievement.

My reward was the post nerf Vanquisher and an upgrade for my Krogan Gladiator; a character with arguably the worst power load-out in APEX..  I was not amused.

26 minutes ago, Robert C said:

Crap guy died early again, melraz, Famous and I ran the uploads one at a time, handling them as a group.  That seems to be the way to do it on gold. 

Yeah, Upload and Hack are the worst challenges you can get on Gold, especially if you get one early in the match and players are feeling stingy about using consumables. 

I don't fuck around with Ascendants, Fiends, or Hydra units on Gold.  If anything that can score autokills comes close to the defend zone, it is going to eat a rocket.

Party wipes on extraction or Upload / Hack challenge waves are the only two scenarios I can think of where having the new Revive Pack Transmitter would be helpful.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, J.T. said:

Damn.  Beaten to the "texting and driving is against the law" joke.

As it turns out, I was about a half hour from being violently sick while trying to go to bed.

That's my excuse. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Robert C said:

Our third run, with Stout and some guy with an apex rating of 25000 was really smooth by comparison.  We had a few deaths, but it really never felt like we were in danger of not finishing.  Got a full extraction on that one.

I looked him up a bit ago out of curiosity - he's seventh in the world rankings.

Dear random Bronze newbie: Don't be completely across the map with 17 seconds left until extraction, die and expect one of us to come get your sorry ass. They make these things called "revives." Actually, he used one, but by then it was too late and he didn't make it.

Edit: I thought the Talon was a shotgun pistol - I got an Ushior I (a ultra-rare pistol) that does 1,000 damage (and it's only Level 1 of 10). It only holds three rounds per clip, but packs quite a bit more kick than the Talon, is more accurate and weighs less. The only shotgun I have that does more damage than this pistol is the Ruzad.

Damn, I didn't realize how much story I'd already ground through until I started plugging away at my do-over.  I gamed from 6PM last night until two o'clock this morning and only knocked out the content from the Eos vault activation and reporting in with Addison and Tann to departing from the Nexus to go and investigate Aya.

My ongoing side fetchits and conversations are mostly up to date.  I still need to have follow up chats with Cora and Drack and then it's off to recruit Jaal again and plow through post radiation Eos side activity...

I started off the night at 5th Level and got me and my folks up to magical Level 10, so now my crew has 18 skill total points invested and all have all three Power Slots filled.  Now the real fun begins.

After playing Campaign Mode for about six hours straight, I had to knock out some multiplayer to break things up a little.

After a particularly hairy Gold APEX mission, I earned enough credits to buy a Premium Pack. I finally got my hands on the Turian Agent, and also acquired the Black Widow (STILL NO CARNFAX~!!) so only the Salarian Operator and Asari Duelist are left to unlock in my APEX roster..

Speaking of Black Widows, I bought the Black Widow effectiveness modifier for Strike Team Uniform so that they'd have a higher success rate for Gold missions so I'm down to only 200 Mission Funds.  Under prime conditions, their mission accomplished percentage improved from 61% to 77%.

My poor Asari strike team still has to make do with their Biotics and wits until after the Store refreshes its stock.

I really like the Turian Agent, so he may be my go to guy in the future. He was quite a beast even at 1st level in a Bronze APEX mission (Pistol Skirmish) when armed with the Hornet and the Visor / Cloak double buff is totally unfair when he's using the Black Widow. 

I got him up to 6th Level last night and my APEX rating is now over 4K.

I am now convinced that two different voice actors did work on Jaal as for the 2nd time (this time on his Loyalty Mission) his voice dropped an octave.

I have seen some conspiracy folks online saying that Jaal's voice actor was changed between the intial reveals and the actual game being released

Bug or something else it is still really weird

9 hours ago, jstout said:

Dear random Bronze newbie: Don't be completely across the map with 17 seconds left until extraction, die and expect one of us to come get your sorry ass. They make these things called "revives." Actually, he used one, but by then it was too late and he didn't make it.

Better than the teammate on Sunday that didn't start going to extraction till too late, got killed just outside and then realized he didn't have any revives.  It was made worse because melraz's desperate attempt to revive him meant neither of them extracted.

Note:  I was that teammate.

• Like 4

I was almost that teammate late last night.... er... early this morning.

I got dropped dozens of times in Waves 1 to 6 and the guy playing the Angaran Avenger made a career out of reviving my punk ass. 

I felt badly for the guy.  I really sucked that match.

In Wave 7, I pretty much spent two minutes evading and otherwise running away in abject terror from the Fiend and Ascendant and used Lift / Throw to keep redbars off of my ass.  

I also used the last Cobra in my match consumbles to nuke a squad of chain gunners that were about to fire on me.

I went down again with about ten seconds to go before extraction, but I was in the LZ already so I played possum until the clock got down to six seconds and I popped.  Made the shuttle with seconds to spare.

I really do need to get another character other than my Kineticist spun up for Silver and Gold.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

I really do need to get another character other than my Kineticist spun up for Silver and Gold.

I'm always boring and play as the Turian soldier at gold.  He's far from my favorite, and he's not that great offensively, but he's quite good at staying not dead.  I tend to play gold much more conservatively than I do silver.

Accidentally ran a bronze vs. Kett yesterday with randoms after forgetting to change to silver.  I remember when bronze felt hard.  Now it's too easy if you've got a halfway competent group.  Some poor fiend wandered up into all 4 or us and got gunned down in seconds.

Played just enough to get one premium pack.  I've been buying them exclusively for at least 10 days now.  The game still hates me.  Still don't have any ultra rare characters.  Still no Black Widow.  Still now Hurricane.  But I do have nearly half the rare weapon mods.

I've got 5 strike teams now.  I'll probably go ahead and buy the last one this week.  I've got 3 at 20 and have all 3 equipped with the exceptional intelligence mods that give +20 effectiveness for everything.  Got another at around 12 with the night vision goggles for +40 on nighttime missions.  I'm planning to fit the remaining two teams with other mods that give +40 for other individual mission parameters once they get above level 10.  Then I'll use the +40 guys if I get the right mission parameters, or the generic +20 otherwise.  I've already bought all the equipment available from the store, with the exception of the assault rifle specific armor.  After I get that, and get all the teams kitted out, I guess I'll just farm mission funds to buy RPGs/health packs/revives and save my MP credits for the premium packs.

I'm walking out the door so I can't post the full thing but

Patch 1.08 will be out soon

They are adding more options to character creations and you can change your look while on the Tempest

And Jaal becomes a romance option for Scott Ryder

Here are the multiplayer fixes

Their version:

• Stealth Grid challenge now increments properly
  • Fiend no longer sprints when within 10 meters of target, and will decelerate to base speed
  • Enabled movement correction during Fiend attacks to reduce incidence of players seeing Fiends attacking in the wrong direction
  • Improved movement prediction for some enemies in tight spaces to reduce appearance of teleportation
  • Fixed issue that prevented melee attacks if the revive icon was near center screen
  • Fixed issue where ammo pick-up audio incorrectly played
  • Fixed issue where Backlash could malfunction while moving
  • Using Stealth and Recon Visor together no longer increases duration of invisibility for Turian Agent
  • Fixed issue where weight reduction modifications wouldn’t reduce weight
  • The Revive Pack Transmitter now displays the revive radius in the loadout screen
  • Equipping the Cobra RPG now interrupts reloading
  • Player turns to Adhi when getting synced to avoid teleportation issue
  • Fixed issue where enemies would occasionally enter T-pose when hit
  • Improved visual and audio cues for player ready status in Multiplayer lobbies
  • Added “Lights” option to customization options

My version:

• blah
  • Fiend no longer sprints when within 10 meters of target, and will decelerate to base speed
  • blah
  • blah
  • Fixed issue that prevented melee attacks if the revive icon was near center screen
  • blah
  • blah
  • blah
  • blah
  • blah
  • blah
  • blah
  • blah
  • blah
  • blah

Yeah, the can't melee thing is really the only thing that seemed really, really needed in MP. The Fiend thing is gonna be handy, because I hated him sprinting on me when I'm trying to get close enough to really make the RPG count.

I'm shocked they still haven't fixed the one or two bugged quests in single-player.