DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

26 minutes ago, jstout said:

The gun types are fun but weird in this game. I was reading a long thread on Reddit about best guns, and people were saying that the Talon pistol is a damn good shotgun (which it is, I prefer to refer to it as a long-range shotgun). Other folks were saying the best sniper rifle may be one of the assault rifles (forgot which one). The Hurricane really does remind me of a minigun pistol, of all things.

The logic for the Talon being the best "shotgun" is that it is the best of two worlds:  you get the damage of a shotgun with the weight of a heavy pistol.  

The problem with this logic is that it doesn't seem to factor in the benefits of the various weapon mods.

A Smart Choke affixed to a Dhan, Hesh, Disciple, or Ruzad greatly lowers the damage drop-off at medium ranges and turns those weapons into scope free range sniper rifles at short to medium range.

The only mod that improves a pistols accuracy at higher ranges is a scope, but that sorta defeats the functional premise of the Talon (shotgun damage at short range / heavy pistol weight).

If you really want to see how overpowered the upper tier of shotguns are, use a Targeting VI in conjunction with a shotgun that has a Smart Choke on it.  You should kill just about anything you score a weak point hit on, even at medium to long range..

My arsenal of sniper rifles isn't large enough for me to give a qualified opinion on that weapon class.

The Hurricane has too much kick to it. It's damn near impossible to be even sorta precise with it, and when there's an Observer coming for my head, I want that sucker dead, stat. No fooling around. And when it's time for no fooling around, it's time for the Ruzad X.

I have way too much trouble aiming for headshots to use those Targeting mods. I've got some pretty decent barrels by now that add a decent enough amount of damage to every shot, not just headshots. The Smart Choke X is never coming off my shotgun, though.

That's the fun thing about multiplayer - you can sorta figure out your style and equip or de-equip accordingly. We had three human soldiers running in one game last night, and I guarantee you all three were spec-ed out differently, points-wise, and we were all using different guns, but it's all in what suits your play style.

13 hours ago, RIPPA said:

BTW after this weekend and regarding possible future DLC

Hide contents

STOP FUCKING TEASING THE GOD DAMN QUARIAN ARK IF YOU AREN'T GOING TO DELIVER!!!!

What was the tease?

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

And I just discovered that you don't have to bust the Angaran out of Kadara Port

Interesting...

I didn't know you could bust him out.

6 hours ago, odessasteps said:

The one with info on the archon's ship? 

Yup

And to answer Eivion

Spoiler

Yeah - if you are cranky with Kelly she basically tells you to fuck off. You then meet with Reyes and he has a plan to get the guy back to the Resistance 

He hangs out at Aya afterwards and the Moshae is happy

I might go back and redo this because I am not sure which way I want to go now

It appears it all hinges on the 

Spoiler

answer to Kelly after she says I can get the intel and then she is going to kill him,.

If you say that is fine with you - you can just go straight in

If you say that isn't Kelly's decision - she gets mad and then Reyes shows up outside (which is the follow up when the Ryder says to him "What happens if this all goes South?")

I tend to want to keep people alive because I always figure they will return in sequels. Of course the fact that its doubtful we are getting sequels...

So it looks like the Angaran Avenger might also benefit from the Shock Trooper mod since she has two powers that depend on power cells (Stealth Grid and Sticky Grenade) and you could follow up your Avenger Strike attacks with a good shotgun.

Naturally, that depends on how often you used grenades and the grid.  Personally, I was more comfortable using the Ishray at long ranges and I just specced Avenger Strike to do a ton of damage so that I would auto-kill red bars and severely wound shielded enemies and yellow bars enough to finish them off with additional melee attacks.

Grenade and Stealth Grid use was very situational for me since I was limited by Power Cell capacity.  I'd cloak myself while working devices or to poof the entire group during a hack or an upload and lob the occasional sticky at yellow bars to soften them up for Avenger Strike.. 

I finally noticed that you get a small point award for support actions like using Shield Boost or Stealth Grid to help out fellow players or if you use Backlash to protect another player from enemy attack.

19 hours ago, jstout said:

The Hurricane has too much kick to it. It's damn near impossible to be even sorta precise with it, and when there's an Observer coming for my head, I want that sucker dead, stat. No fooling around. And when it's time for no fooling around, it's time for the Ruzad X.

Yeah, the Hurricane is one of those weapons where you'll experience a lot of muzzle rise as you lean on the trigger, so you can't just dump your entire magazine if your goal is to be somewhat accurate.

The thing is that when you're facing Observers or any shielded enemies, you probably should be using a High ROF weapon like the Hurricane and practice managing recoil. 

Low ROF heavy hitters like the Ruzad are allegedly much better suited for yellow bars (armor).

Of course, you really can't compare the two weapons since you've got an advanced version of the Ruzad and your Hurricane is probably a low model so your Krogan shotty is going to be a better weapon overall, especially if it jives with your playstyle.

As for my APEX roster, I am only missing the Turian Agent (Rare), Asari Duelist (Very Rare), and the Salarian Operator (Very Rare).

I need to start building up a few characters for Silver and Gold matches and start buying the Premium Packs with the credits I earn.

The telltale sign that future DLC is on the way is that there is no Very Rare character representing the Turian species.

Again - the consensus seems to be from everyone that if nothing is announced during EA Play its not happening

And right now - Mass Effect has no mention on the EA Play website (especially when they are touting Titanfall 2's DLC)

So it's just me here in the corner freaking out

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

Again - the consensus seems to be from everyone that if nothing is announced during EA Play its not happening

And right now - Mass Effect has no mention on the EA Play website (especially when they are touting Titanfall 2's DLC)

So it's just me here in the corner freaking out.

This makes me very angry as I'd like to see how my decisions will play out, especially whether or not I made the right call in making Advent a trading partner.

They really should do that Quarian Arc DLC, jut so we can have Voluses (Volii?) back in Multiplayer.. Although the fact that other character have Shield Boost now means they'd be less important. But Drell Infiltrators and Quarian Engineers belong in Mass Effect multiplayer no matter what.

34 minutes ago, AxB said:

They really should do that Quarian Arc DLC, jut so we can have Voluses (Volii?) back in Multiplayer..

The problem is that the Quarians are bringing "everyone else," and I don't really miss the Elcor, Drell, or Hanar.

I miss having a Quarian as my lead engineer and I really do think that the Volus should've been in this game since:

1. The Turians probably would've brought the Volus along on their ark on the first run since the Volus are an associate race.
  2. I have a hard time believing that the Initiative Project could've sustained its liquid asset pool without Volus financial wizardry.  Not even Jien Garsion could've been wealthy enough to finance everything from her own personal fortune..

Yes, I know my opinion of the Drell is extremely unpopular.

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Your opinion of the Drell is colored because you sucked at them in ME3 and their tissue paper thin bodies

And their Biotic Barriers held together with pipe cleaners and spit.

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

So it's just me here in the corner freaking out

I read that we basically have until the end of June to start freaking out. I also recall something about the first DLC not likely arriving until August which I think matches up with the release of the next novel. keep in mind they were kind of quiet about DAI's DLC announcing them usually just a few days before release.

2 hours ago, Robert C said:

melraz has found true multiplayer love with the Krogan Vanguard.  It would be heartwarming if he didn't keep stealing all my fucking kills.

I had to find something to get some of my kills back. 

I got a couple rounds in yesterday as the vanguard. In between waves 2 and 3 one of my teammates was shooting me and gave me a couple melee punches (congratulatory pats) on the back for killing dalm near everything.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, melraz09 said:

I had to find something to get some of my kills back. 

I got a couple rounds in yesterday as the vanguard. In between waves 2 and 3 one of my teammates was shooting me and gave me a couple melee punches (congratulatory pats) on the back for killing dalm near everything.

I can't imagine doing that myself.

• Like 2