DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

Meanwhile - Bioware will be doing a Twitch stream tomorrow (9 AM PDT) with more info about the patch and this weekend's APEX Missions

I got the Silver Tech Mastery dogtag, and I thought it might be nicto get the gold one as well. So I played the Angaran Avenger from level 1 to level 20, to earn points with Stealth Grid. And then I checked my progression.

I have earned Zero points with Stealth Grid. WTF?

The achievements? Maybe this is what you're talking about: The way it was explained to me is that you don't see some of the power achievements unless you're using the power at that moment. So if you're checking between games, you're not using it and therefore it won't be on.

If that ain't it, I dunno. The achievements make absolutely no sense to me, and I quit paying attention to them ages ago. I'll get one now and think "that's nice," and keep going.

The internet has gone apeshit over Bioware's decision to fix Scott Ryder's gay love life over Earn Your Badge.

Why can't people simply disagree with chosing that fix over other content fixes without being douchebags about it?

I was hoping the patch would be live by the time I got home yesterday but I remembered that the weekly update for the Mutlplayer Store came on Thursdays, so I figured the patch would come this afternoon.

Stout, Melraz, a rando, and I extracted from a Gold APEX mission against Kett with me playing a Level 10 Angaran Insurgent and Melraz playing a Level 20 Angaran Insurgent.

We won by locking down the center room on the Havarl map with trip mines and turrets.

It was our second try at that mission.  We wiped the first time (I was still playing the Level 10 Angaran and Melraz was a Level 20 KroGuard) and we had things well in hand until an Ascendant phased dodged a Cobra and started eating our souls one by one.

Played two silvers and a bronze with randoms yesterday to a premium pack.  (Yeah, shotgun barrel VII.  At least I'm halfway through on barrels now.)  Silvers went smoothly with the Kroguard.  

The bronze vs Kett with my human vanguard was ridiculous.  Teammates did absolutely nothing.  I knew for sure what I was dealing with on wave six when I kiled the Ascendant and Fiend, cleared all four devices ,and revived both teammates that went down.  I have no clue what the rest of em did.  Hit the extraction point with ten seconds left, only to find it empty.  One guy showed up with about four seconds left.  It seemingly never occurred to the the other two that maybe getting an extraction was a good idea.

I had joined them in progress, though it was still the start or wave one, so I didn't get a good look at their levels before I started.  After that bullshit, I was expecting them to be low level guys.  Was very surprised to see they were mostly running mid level rare characters and had decent Apex ratings.  I guess experience doesn't fix stupidity.

I managed to join a Gold in Progress once. The first thing I saw after I spawned in was "Get to the Extraction Zone! 2:00, 1:59...". I'd have felt  really guilty in that had been one of the first few Gold Extractions I'd managed., but I already had the trophy, so it's just free XP and Credits.

1 minute ago, AxB said:

I managed to join a Gold in Progress once. The first thing I saw after I spawned in was "Get to the Extraction Zone! 2:00, 1:59...". I'd have felt  really guilty in that had been one of the first few Gold Extractions I'd managed., but I already had the trophy, so it's just free XP and Credits.

I never feel bad about backing into a free extraction on Gold and I've done it three times now.

I think the patch is live and the servers are back on as they just tweeted about 5 minutes ago promoting the new Angaran based APEX mission

16 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I think the patch is live and the servers are back on as they just tweeted about 5 minutes ago promoting the new Angaran based APEX mission

Yes, the patch is live.  There are already vids on YouTube and Vimeo about the new 1.08 Character Creator and the customization console in the Tempest's med bay.

You can buy random Weapon mods in the item store now. And Arsenal & Reserves packs are back from ME3.

And a few characters you have tore-spec because they've changed the powers. Including the KroGuard.

14 minutes ago, AxB said:

And a few characters you have tore-spec because they've changed the powers. Including the KroGuard.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Somebody is gonna have to check on melraz, even though he did see this coming.

New map's great, all lush and green. Mighty small, though. They've just renamed some outlaw classes as Roekkar, though naturally I saw no Krogans. Three Hydras in a bronze wave, though. Though one seemed stuck and couldn't move, so he may have been an accident.

Best change: the screen where you see your teammates now shows what tier their character is (I-X). That's handy information.

Too bad about the KroGuard, but I hope the devs checked out this thread and saw my thoughts about the Krogan Gladiator and Turian Havoc Trooper.

The Gladiator's power load-out did not do it's Very Rare status any justice and the THT would really be more effective with Concussive Shot rather than Flak Cannon.

If anything, the KroGuard feels better. More rage. Although I was playing in a Shotgun skirmish.

Just did the Bronze strike team mission on the new map (Aqua). We almost did not make it. We had a real newbie playing (level 1 soldier, APEX under 100) and everyone died on level 6 except the level 20 guy playing a Turian Agent. Luckily, he killed off about 15 guys to drag us to level 7. 

Seemed harder than a usual bronze. A lot more dogs and more aggressive. And nothing like being in the extraction zone and seeing 2 hydras coming at you.

but we finished that that's what matters. I was second highest points total so that should tell you what kind of cluster is was. :>