DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

I not sure which was my bigger happy dance this weekend

Getting my 9th remnant data core

or

Getting both chests in Eladeen's vault while escaping the purification field

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

I not sure which was my bigger happy dance this weekend

Getting my 9th remnant data core

or

Getting both chests in Eladeen's vault while escaping the purification field

I died 3 times trying and said screw it. 

5 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I think all 3 times I had gotten the second chest and died while activatating the console. 

I will say that when I did it my screen started getting the death lines so like one more second and I was fucked.

Granted I missed a jump twice so that is why it became a nail biter

14 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I watched a video with the correct path and then practiced it three times

Clearly I have nothing better to do with my time

My OCD is pleased that you took a page out of my book and my rational brain wonders what the fuck is wrong with both of us.

16 hours ago, RIPPA said:

My save error thing appears to be because you can have only 500 save slots and if you are militant about deleting the autosaves - they pile up. It is especially a problem because apparently they tried to add more space in one of the patches but instead it is bugged.

I am also ridiculously paranoid about losing game progress, but I purge all of my autosaves and perform a manual save before I crap out for the night.

6 hours ago, melraz09 said:

Don't do a character reset.

Go from a level 20 back to a level 1. 

If it works like ME3, you should've gotten a decent bump in your APEX rating after the reset.  That's the only reason to do a full reset.

15 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I started using remnant keys just because I had a full inventory and I am lazy. With 100,000+ credits, I don't need to sell them. 

You are so lazy that you can't just dump the keys via the Buy / Sell Kiosk on the Tempest?

No harm in adding more credits to the pile of credits that you'll never spend, just as it doesn't hurt to convert loot you'll never use into resources you may never use so long as you don't clog your free inventory spots.

15 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Since I haven't gotten the achievement for solving puzzles yet - I'm not using the keys because I'm pretty they don't count.

You are correct.  Using a key does not count towards the puzzle solving achievement.

22 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Cleared the Salarian Ark last night

The finishing a 2nd time before JT finishes once has officially hit the home stretch 

i've put in more multiplayer work, though.  My APEX rating is now over 5K.

IIRC, I'm also fourth in the Friends List Challenge Rating leaderboard behind Stout, Melraz, and Robert.

God bless this Rokkar mission that re-queues every new APEX cycle no matter how many times you complete it.. 

Both of my Human Engineers and the Krogan Engineer were all 10th level on Friday and now they are 13 pushing 14.  Tech Skirmish FTW.

The Packs I bought were not been kind to me this weekend.  Weapon and Mod upgrades for the most part and rarely for a weapon or mod that I normally use.  Salarian Operator and Asari Duelist are still locked.

MP is really not a concern of mine - especially considering how fucking laggy it always is for me.

Honestly - Andromeda is probably going on a shelf when I finish the 2nd playthrough until DLC comes out.

And if they say no DLC - it is going out the window

47 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

MP is really not a concern of mine - especially considering how fucking laggy it always is for me.

Honestly - Andromeda is probably going on a shelf when I finish the 2nd playthrough until DLC comes out.

And if they say no DLC - it is going out the window

That's too bad because the 1.08 patch finally set a lot of things right in MP.  Krogan finally feel like Krogan again.

I am not sure what it is exactly - but pretty much my last half dozen matches - no matter who is hosting - are laggier than shit for me (lots of hesitations, things warping around the map to catch up, etc...)

I mean you know I wire my machine so it isn't the wifi.

That being said - I probably blame more on my shitty Comcast box than the game for that one. (There is also the chance the Comcast is dicking me over and data capping me since I could power a rocket with all the things that require internet in my apartment)

• Like 1

I haven't encountered too many laggy situations and I am usually playing with a wired connection my 'rent's famously shitty router, however the no run bug and pathing issues that can creep up if there is a major lag spike if if the host suddenly bails and there is a map reload are really fucking annoying.

I probably will uninstall and reinstall AFTER finishing my 2nd playthrough just to see if that helps.

I will say that I have been due an upgrade on my cable box anyone so I will probably swap it sometime this summer also just for the hell of it

I think lagging is the only problem i haven't had with MP.  

I will no longer bitch and moan about getting more shotgun barrel drops, because I now have all 10 of em.  Opened an arsenal pack last night and was joking with melraz that I'd get the last shotgun barrel.  Sure enough, there it was.  I will now commence bitching and moaning about sniper rifle barrels.  I've only got 13 or 14 barrels left to go total, so that won't last too long.

• Like 2

Dan touched on this animations in the E3 thread which I found ironic because I wanted to post about this today in here.

What is so frustrating to me is that there are some absolutely amazing visual things in this game that everyone will forget/overlook because they went all GOD! MY EYES!!! THEY BURN!!! THE GOOGLES DO NOTHING!!!! on the character facials.

Like there is a scene last night that JT will never see because he won't get this far but

Spoiler

The shot of Ryder boarding the Tempest while the Salarian Ark breaks away from the Archon's ship is fucking awesome

I am going to hate love this game for the rest of my life

• Like 1

Aw, now you're just being mean. :)

Eventually I will overcome my aversion to the grindy-ness of Campaign Mode and get on with it and that will be in part thanks to the new Multiplayer patch which has reminded me in one weekend that this game is capable of being fun to play.

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

If it works like ME3, you should've gotten a decent bump in your APEX rating after the reset.  That's the only reason to do a full reset.

Oh it was suppose to happen. I was juat wanting to rebuild the skill tree. I won't hit that button again. 

Well, shit.  I finally unlocked the Biotic Duelist and now there is new shit.  I did not notice the additions until yesterday.

The Very Rare classes now have the Angaran Exemplar.  I'm guessing that its Power load-out (Energy Drain, Overload, Barricade) is thematically linked their race's bio-electric physiology deal the same way that Liam's Power load-out is thematic with his customized gear that overclocks his Omni-Blades.

There are also three new Equipment mods:

• The Armored Compartments mod boosts Thermal Clip and Power Cell Supply.  This should be perfect for my Turian Soldier who always seems to be short on ammo when I run him with the Cyclone assault rifle, and having an extra grenade handy always helps.
  • The Expert mod boosts Pistol damage and improves Cooldown rate.  I'll probably use this the most with my Human Sentinels and roll with the Hornet / Talon load-out.  The improved Cooldown Rate bump will allow me to lean on their powers more often so I should provide excellent support for pure Tech and pure Biotic players.
  • The Pistol / AMG amp obviously boosts damage for Pistol class weapons.   I'll be using this mod a lot whenever Pistol Skirmish stips show up and I am packing an SMG primary and a Pistol side-arm.