DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

6 hours ago, Robert C said:

Ran 2 silvers last night to get an Arsenal pack.  Got a sniper rifle I won't use and sniper rifle barrel V

Actually, had to run 3 silvers because this happened in the first one:

• Join 3 guys in progress vs outlaws towards end of level 2
  • Notice 2 are down and go revive em
  • Figure out something is very wrong when I charge something and get pulled back halfway to where I started
  • Get killed because a grenade lands at my feet, and I am totally unable to move
  • Get revived, and we clear out round 2 somehow
  • Start wave 3 - uploads
  • I go to one of the uploads.  Another guy joins me.  He gets killed very quickly.  Host start bitching at him on his mic.  I mute the host.
  • I get killed again because I can't move.
  • 3rd guy dies and leaves the mission
  • Host dies.
  • Another 4th joins, dies and leaves.
  • Yet another guy joins and dies.  He sticks around.
  • We all stay dead for several minutes.  Upload timer beeps several times, but never expires, though we're well past the 5 minute mark.
  • Finally get the host dropped screen.  
  • Restart at beginning of wave 3, with me and the 2 remaining guys from the previous wave 3.  
  • We get a hack.  I clear it by myself, since my 2 teammates are too dumb to come to the hack.  We pick up a 4th and end of round 3.
  • Proceed to clear waves 4 - 7 easily.
  • Match ends.  Everybody extracts.  Mission scores never come up.  We eventually go back to the lobby.
  • I exit out, look at my Apex credits and realize I didn't get any for all that shit.

I have also run into several glitches and other random bullshit in consecutive matches last night:

• Started off playing my Kineticist.  Ran into the No Run glitch like you did on Firebase Derelict during my first Gold attempt (the Kett ship)
  • Host crashed during Firebase Icebreaker on second Gold attempt.  Party wiped during the restart..
  • Switched to Level 13 Angaran Insurgent for third Gold attempt.  Got the Icebreaker map again.  Full Extraction and a Friend request for surviving Gold and being the #2 killer as a lowbie.
  • Survived six waves before wiping on Firebase Paradox.  Had a couple of AFK griefers who would not help.  Reported them and moved on.
  • Crashed to lobby while trying to run Gold on Icebreaker again.  Survived 5 waves, but my progress wasn't recorded.
  • Finally met my Gold Waves challenge in Game 5.  Group nearly kicked me for running the lowbie Angaran Insurgent, but figured out that I knew what I was doing during a near wipe on Wave 5 where I left a trail of bread crumb trip mines for the remaining Fiend on the board.  Death by bug bites.
5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The challenges are definietly daily as the Outlaw one expires in 10 hours.

Well I won't beat that challenge today.  Taking my kid to the movies this afternoon to FINALLY go and see Guardians Vol. 2 before I head off to Camp Atterbury on Tuesday.

TDY has destroyed my weekends, but the OT money will spend well after Labor Day.

Multiplayer people: if you finish an APEX mission -- can't remember the name, but it's the bronze one against remnant in the remnant's bunker map - you get a special free case with one guaranteed ultra-rare. Mine had about seven things in it, one ultra-rare and two rares. The case is under the "rewards" tab instead of the usual place where you buy cases.

2 hours ago, jstout said:

Multiplayer people: if you finish an APEX mission -- can't remember the name, but it's the bronze one against remnant in the remnant's bunker map - you get a special free case with one guaranteed ultra-rare. Mine had about seven things in it, one ultra-rare and two rares. The case is under the "rewards" tab instead of the usual place where you buy cases.

Gonna have to give that a try tonight.  I ought to be on around 10 or so my time, after I get back from my parents house.

17 hours ago, jstout said:

My Kineticist was upgraded from I to II.....

TBH, I was happier about the X5 Ghost unlock that I got with this pack.  I also unlocked the M-5 Predator S this morning before rolling in for Sunday morning duty.  YES~!

My Max Shields bonus skill needs work so I will be putting this Turian Soldier and Turian Agent to work when I get back from day shift.

• Like 1

First three items out where

Shotgun barrell

Ultralight materials

Bumping my Avenger to x

so I was gonna be all "Hey Robert! We are pals!"

And then I got the Inferno and Dhan

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

First three items out where

Shotgun barrell

Ultralight materials

Bumping my Avenger to x

so I was gonna be all "Hey Robert! We are pals!"

And then I got the Inferno and Dhan

You will LOVE the Dhan especially if you use with a 10+ level KroGuard.

The Inferno is not bad as far as co-op SRs go.  It will not make you forget about the Black Widow or the N7 Valiant.  Not having to worry about Thermal Clips is HUGE in Gold matches, though.

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

You will LOVE the Dhan especially if you use with a 10+ level KroGuard.

The Inferno is not bad as far as co-op SRs go.  It will not make you forget about the Black Widow or the N7 Valiant.  Not having to worry about Thermal Clips is HUGE in Gold matches, though.

Is the Dhan worth a crap?  I got it from an Arsenal pack last night.  Looked at the specs, and they all looked worse than my Disciple.

16 minutes ago, Robert C said:

Is the Dhan worth a crap?

The Dhan is revered in both mutliplayer and campaign mode:

- It has a very high DPS that isn't really apparent from the base stats..

- It fires a ball of plasma rather than a shot package.  Very effective at close range as well as mid range.

- The plasma ball also makes it a bit easier to place on target via hip fire or iron sights hard aim.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I havent used anything but the Valiant since i starting playing the kinecitist. 

It's a matter of preference, but I tend to use AR / Pistol or SMG / Pistol load-outs with my Biotic characters.

SRs are just too heavy for my liking. I prefer my Cooldown Rates to be in the Green and I use the Pistol and AR scopes for more accuracy.

Am I the only one that doesn't have a single ultra-rare character yet?

I've been running the Disciple pretty much exclusively, since I've been alternating between the 3 Vanguards.  Ruzad does more damage, but I just can't get the hang of that thing since it takes about 20 minutes to reload.  Had a ridiculous match this week where it was a sniper rifle skirmish and I ran with the Kroguard.  I packed the Valiant, and just used it like a hip fire shotgun after I charged.

And for the 2nd time I have lost over a hour of gameplay

Did Peebee's loyalty mission - saved and quit when I got back to the Tempest and then went and did some errands

When I loaded back up - the game was missing everything from that mission.

Grr...

This is getting really fucking tiresome

My strike teams are very appreciative of the constantly spawning Roekkar mission.  I bought two this week.  One is level 13, the other is now level 11.  I've got almost 500 mission funds since Thursday afternoon.  

That Roekkar mission is so screwed up that I actually had two different strike teams running it at the same time yesterday.

Actually, I just looked it up, and I've got two different teams running it right now.

Okay - some other things I discovered doing the same things three times in like 4 hours

- I did like the attention to detail where if Drack gets in the Escape Pod - the harness won't fit over his head

- I also liked that if you have fooled around with Peebee in the Escape Pod - that is referenced when you start her loyalty mission

- You can only carry 9 Remnant Decryption Keys at a time. Suddenly was getting "inventory full" messages when I had 60 free slots. Realized it was only when I was trying to pick up keys (I never use them that's why they piled up.) I made a pretty penny selling a bunch of them.

- My save error thing appears to be because you can have only 500 save slots and if you are militant about deleting the autosaves - they pile up. It is especially a problem because apparently they tried to add more space in one of the patches but instead it is bugged

- Yes - Earn Your Badge is fixed