DVDVR Message Board
RIPPA

WRESTLING ON THE INTERNET NOT FROM THE NOW

Tatsumi Fujinami VS Abdullah the Butcher '84.9.7

I just watched almost all of The Seventh Seal but the DVR recording cut off the end. Then I decided to watch this and... well, the lesson is basically "fuck me". Still a great match though. Heel vs. Heel? And you still want Adrian to take Jim's leg off and stick it up his ass? These are two masters at work right here.

Not Pro but:

• Like 1

One of the things I love about WOS is how everyone fights within the rules for the most part, and chicanery is kept to a minimum. It's why Lord Al is so great here- he's completely corrupted after four years in the US working the "all-in" American style ("which is effectively no rules at all"), and he's out of fucks to give if you don't like him pulling hair or ignoring the ref's instructions. Simple good-vs-evil structure, and the fans are eating it alive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There is going to be some ridiculously great stuff in those episodes. Jacey North shows up, I'm in the front row for a while, just amazing. 😉 

• Like 1

Megumi Kudo vs. Delta Dawn 05/29/91

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Pete said:

One of the things I love about WOS is how everyone fights within the rules for the most part, and chicanery is kept to a minimum. It's why Lord Al is so great here- he's completely corrupted after four years in the US working the "all-in" American style ("which is effectively no rules at all"), and he's out of fucks to give if you don't like him pulling hair or ignoring the ref's instructions. Simple good-vs-evil structure, and the fans are eating it alive.

I keep hoping we get more 70s heel Hayes footage at some point. I think he spent a chunk of it in Amarillo and forget that. It's the lost territory.

• Like 1

Kokushi Muso VS Kaz Hayashi

• Like 1

Anybody know if either the  Joe/Dean Malenko vs Fantastics or the Joe Malenko/Kikuchi vs Fantastics matches from AJPW are online anyware?  I had a link to the first from a while back but it seems to have died.

Finally found one of my fave jr tag matches ever online!

• Like 1

AJPW - 01-13-2003 - Great Muta (c) vs. The Gladiator (Triple Crown Title).

2 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Anybody know if either the  Joe/Dean Malenko vs Fantastics or the Joe Malenko/Kikuchi vs Fantastics matches from AJPW are online anyware?  I had a link to the first from a while back but it seems to have died.

• Like 2

Nice!  Thank you!

AJPW - 02-23-2003 - Great Muta (c) vs. Shinya Hashimoto (Triple Crown Title)

AJPW - 04-12-2003 - Shinya Hashimoto (c) vs. Arashi (Triple Crown Title). Chunk of it cut out.

Misawa vs Kawada 2005. NOAH. 四天王プロレス.

19 hours ago, D.Z said:

AJPW - 04-12-2003 - Shinya Hashimoto (c) vs. Arashi (Triple Crown Title). Chunk of it cut out.

What a wonderful channel that is. I wonder who runs it?

• Haha 1

I remember watching those dogshit Muta TC  matches back when they were first available. If you’d told me, then, that Muta would still be wrestling 17 years later, I’d have guffawed.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2020 at 12:00 AM, Curt McGirt said:

@Hagan you absolutely have to see this. 

I'm at the office, so I'm hoping that I quoted the right video, but I watched this on a whim over the weekend. It's more angle than match, but the wrestling portion of it was so compelling and good. Dibiase sold it well, and it was an early glimpse of JR's over dramatization on commentary.

• Like 2