DVDVR Message Board
RIPPA

WRESTLING ON THE INTERNET NOT FROM THE NOW

Happy 76th Birthday dory funk jr

(From when dory was in Buffalo Springfield )

• Like 1

The best Dory Funk Jr. was always salty, onset of serious baldness Dory Funk Jr. 

BTW, these matches are the birth of FMW, ECW, CZW, IWA-MS, BJW and every other hardcore fed on the planet so they're kind of mandatory viewing. The direct link can be seen in the first one where Young Onita is punching Abdullah to get him off Terry and that little light bulb that's affected all of us ever since went off in his head. 

• Like 1

Going through old MiSu stuff in advance of Sunday's bout with Okada, and from the non-NJPW World category, there are still much worse ways to spend 17 minutes than him and Kawada beating the shit out of each other:

• Like 1

Dory Funk Jr vs Rob Van Dam

Konnan, La Parka & Villano IV vs. Juventud Guerrera, Super Caló & Ciclope (Six-Man Tag Team Match) - SuperBrawl VII: February 23, 1997

• Like 1

Ernie Ladd vs. Bruno Sammartino (WWWF Championship Match) - WWWF in Madison Square Garden: March 11, 1976

• Like 1

Harlem Heat vs Rough & Ready Worldwide Aug 10th, 1996

I totally forgot that the tag team of Dick Slater and Mike Enos was an actual thing.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, paul sosnowski said:

The correct date on the Bruno - Ladd match is March 1, 1976, not the 11th

WWE had two uploads of this match and the second one has the correct date apparently.

I was gonna make a snide remark about Hermie Sadler booking himself into matches in his promotion but if I ran a promotion I'd play wrestler too

• Like 1

I guess by the WCW standards this counts as a "Match"

I love how sometimes YouTube's suggested videos that come up while you're watching something bring up semi-related videos for you to see next. What started as one video about the Brooklyn Brawler led me to a few bizarre tag teams....

This must have been super early in this character's history, he's announced as "The Brooklyn Brawler...Steve Lombardi" and doesn't have his trademark ripped shirt and blue jeans. Also it's against jobber favorite Reno Riggins:

Which led to one of him teaming up with Bad News Brown before their slight feud against the team of The Blue Blazer and Hillbilly Jim:

Which led to seeing High Energy teaming up back in 1988!:

• Like 1

On 2/2/2017 at 10:30 AM, Technico Support said:

I found myself thinking of this today and, of course, there it is on Youtube.  Secrets of Pro Wrestling, an 80s classic I remember renting on VHS as a kid.

I'm a VHS collector, and this is actually one of the most expensive tapes I've ever purchased. I'm really puzzled at the fact there isn't more about this tape online, specifically as far as who the masked wrestlers were. At the end there was a teaser for a second tape which as far as I know was never released.

6 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

I love how sometimes YouTube's suggested videos that come up while you're watching something bring up semi-related videos for you to see next. What started as one video about the Brooklyn Brawler led me to a few bizarre tag teams....

Talking about Brooklyn Brawler ... does anyone remember when he beat Triple H on SmackDown in 2000?

That same year he had a Strap Match with Tazz on Heat:

Full version of Brawler and Kaientai vs HHH

Hulk Hogan & Sid Justice w/Brutus Beefcake vs. Ric Flair & The Undertaker w/Mr. Perfect & Paul Bearer - Saturday Night's Main Event XXX: February 8, 1992

Back to the Brawler

vs Kurt Angle from the Hammerstein Ballroom

• Like 1

I remember that show. Batista & Big Show were booed out of the building!

• Like 1

This episode of World WIde has the #1 babyfaces kidnap the heel manager and try and drag him behind their pick-up with a noose around his neck.

• Like 1

Bam Bam Bigelow vs Kevin Sullivan vs Dusty Rhodes

Kevin Sullivan vs Abdullah the Butcher

Kevin Sullivan vs Dusty Rhodes

Abdullah the Butcher vs Bam Bam Bigelow

Terry Funk vs Abdullah the Butcher vs Dusty Rhodes

Is there any footage from Dusty's TCW promotion out there?

Found this on YouTube

James Ellsworth and some guys vs Tommy Dreamer, Raven, Sandman and another guy