DVDVR Message Board

NCAA 2016: Goin' Bowling & PLAYOFFS~

Dolfan in NYC

After rewatching just now, I'm actually going to retract most of what I've said. While she most definitely instigated the whole thing, and was the first to make contact, he also did the "fake flinch like I'm gonna punch you" thing that led her to slap him. That's something I somehow hadn't seen before. So, yeah, he definitely gets more of the blame. 

I do still  think he'd have gotten a lot less if he'd hit a guy. 

Watching Auburn football next season while knowing that Gus should have been let go after this season is going to make for another long year of being an Auburn supporter. War Eagle, anyways. You also cannot convince me that someone other than Gus has been calling plays on offense since the Georgia game.

On 1/3/2017 at 1:05 PM, EVA said:

You're not a Stidham believer yet?

I'm not a believer in Gus's ability to properly utilize or develop any Quarterback currently, much less develop a coherent offensive scheme/gameplan against any quality opponent.

I also quit getting hyped about guys until they suit up and play in an Orange, Blue, and White Uniform. Even then, I almost need a lengthy bottom of work. We all see what happened when we declared Jeremy Johnson the pre-season Heisman.

It's actually been kinda sad watching some of these spread gurus like Gus and Chip fall on hard times of late due to their inability to adapt.  Which used to be their strength!  At least Chip has the excuse of being in the NFL, though.

Like, what happened to the guy that basically invented running the inverted veer option out of the spread in 2010?  Now, he's got, like, one good play: HB dive.  And if that doesn't work, forget about it.

I've seen it estimated that as high as 70% of the betting money is on Clemson tonight.

I think Bama wins a close, low-scoring game or Clemson wins going away.  Don't think this Bama offense can keep up with Watson like last year.*

*Unless the defense and special teams get on the board to help out.  Which, granted, is not out of the realm of possibility.

Why does this even matter? Stats like this are so stupid.

Clemson enters this game with a 13-game losing streak to Alabama (last win: 1905)

What's interesting is that Bama seems to have junked all the option stuff that made Jalen the SEC player of the year and reverted to more of the old Bama offense.

Ya think after his struggles last game, Saban had decided he's not going to let this kid blow the game for his GOAT defense?