DVDVR Message Board

UFC 205: Alvarez vs. McGregor (11/12/2016) - New York, NY (Madison Square Garden)

Elsalvajeloco

Faber in the leadup to the third Dominick Cruz was pretty bad. 

Tito Ortiz probably should have his own category, but that's probably not fair since anything he tries to do cognitive is some hamster-on-a-wheel type shit.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Fuck Kelvin Gastelum and send him his walking papers.  He spit on Donald Cerrone, the UFC, MMA, and New York City.  He's done this fucking repeatedly.  This is UFC's debut in MSG.  There's no excuses.

Fire the fucking idiot and send him packing.  Donald Cerrone no longer gets to fight on UFC's first MSG card because of this fucking garbage.

@TheVileOne beat me to it. Well put. Still, I'd still like to say my own fuck you to Kelvin Gastelum. Feel for the Cowboy.

8 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Faber in the leadup to the third Dominick Cruz was pretty bad. 

Tito Ortiz probably should have his own category, but that's probably not fair since anything he tries to do cognitive is some hamster-on-a-wheel type shit.

This made me legit LOL. Cheers, @Elsalvajeloco!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Craig H said:

Eddie Alvarez may be the worst shit talker who tries to talk shit of all time. It is downright embarrassing to watch him trash talk.

Chad Mendes says hi.

Then again, you can say that for a lot of the UFC fighters. They're extensively horrible at promos. They need to go more down the role of Chael and Conor and watch more old school wrestling promos and rip them off. Conor has said whatever he's said about the WWE, but the dude has pretty much turned into UFC's modern day Ric Flair from the 1980 territories.

Since it's Conor fight day, someone saying Conor had the potential of reaching Michael Jackson levels of fame on Sherdog is one of the most bizarrest things I've ever read or at least up there with them saying Cain was more famous than Cristiano Ronaldo or something along that line.

MMA really has a screwed up fanbase that buys into whatever they're sold. Unfortunately a lot of my Latin America friends buy into that stuff and ask me how big UFC 205 really is stateside and I have to shatter their illusion and tell them that no matter how he's potrayed by the UFC and MMA media, Conor really isn't a household name here and that a lot less people than they envision really know who he is.

With McGregor being under 30, I'm pretty sure he thinks he's taking his gimmick from Rappers and that. He's just ignorant that they took their gimmicks from Flair. So possibly he legit doesn't realise he's doing a Nature Boy gimmick.

5 minutes ago, Charlie M. said:

No, he 100% knows. He's admitted to it in the past. He said what he said about pro wrestlers to rile them up and get attention for his last fight.

He just did an ode to both Biggie and Joe Frazier this week with the Coogi sweater and white/red getup respectively. Pretty sure pro wrestling culture isn't exactly that obscure to him.

1 hour ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

He just did an ode to both Biggie and Joe Frazier this week with the Coogi sweater and white/red getup respectively. Pretty sure pro wrestling culture isn't exactly that obscure to him.

I wonder how much of this is them actually knowing it and someone not telling them.  Especially given how every 15 minutes has been an ode to the NYC.  I mean when Joanna  said "it was all a dream" at the weigh in, I just can't believe that she knew that was from Juicy and one of Biggie signature lines.  Probably wrong on that

20 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I wonder how much of this is them actually knowing it and someone not telling them.  Especially given how every 15 minutes has been an ode to the NYC.  I mean when Joanna  said "it was all a dream" at the weigh in, I just can't believe that she knew that was from Juicy and one of Biggie signature lines.  Probably wrong on that

Rap is not something that's confined to just English speaking territories. Plus, Biggie is one of the most famous MCs of all time and that's from his earliest hit song. It's not like she is out there quoting the Cold Crush Brothers, EPMD, or Audio Two.

Is Michael Johnson immortal? How did he absorb so much punishment?

I mean, it does go to show that you can't judge fights based on facial damage, when Johnson's getting horrifically pounded for ages and not marking up very much at all, and you've got other guys who seem to bleed from a handshake.