DVDVR Message Board

UFC 205: Alvarez vs. McGregor (11/12/2016) - New York, NY (Madison Square Garden)

Elsalvajeloco

What the hell was wrong with Eddie? He looked like he didn't believe he had a chance at all from get go.  I guess he didn't.

Can we do Khabib vs Conor now? Of course if that were to happen, Khabib would suddenly become a stand up only fighter. Everyone who fights Conor becomes a moron who plays right into Conor's hands.

1 minute ago, Lawful Metal said:

What the hell was wrong with Eddie? He looked like he didn't believe he had a chance at all from get go.  I guess he didn't.

Can we do Khabib vs Conor now? Of course if that were to happen, Khabib would suddenly become a stand up only fighter. Everyone who fights Conor becomes a moron who plays right into Conor's hands.

Eddie shot like 5 takedowns and got stuffed on everyone of them. 

1 minute ago, Hail Sabin said:

Yep and anytime he got close Conor smoked him in the Jaw.

I mean Eddie has been dropped by dudes who are like 1/10 as good as Conor McGregor. Are we shocked that the dude with one of the best left hands we've seen in MMA dropped him multiple times?

Not at all, but I thought if Chad Mendes could take him down, then so could Eddie. But he pretty much gave up on it after the first attempt and was tentative because of Conor's power. Not much in the way of set-ups either from what I recall.